Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serverhand provided false info during PayPal dispute, wins the dispute
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Serverhand provided false info during PayPal dispute, wins the dispute

rustyhalorustyhalo Member
edited December 2017 in Reviews

For the record, I did contacted them through tickets, they originally insisted on refund me to account credit, and later asked me to wait till the beginning of the next year for full refund. But in the LET thread, they said they do not have any money for refunds.

LET thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/132637/serverhand-exits-the-lowendmarket#latest

I decided to seek PayPal for assistance by filing a dispute, supplied LET thread, ticket history and email serverhand sent.

Serverhand deleted my account right away and escalated the dispute to claim, provided false proof to PayPal, claimed that I was still using their service and no change was made (which I am not since they deleted my account, and PayPal did not ask for additional document from me). I lost the case.

It's 2GB yearly VPS I got for $24.85 USD. I am still new to hosting, but I think next time I should at least do some research before purchasing.

---attachments---

Full ticket history (start reading from bottom, name redacted):

https://cl.ly/oIi3/View Ticket - ServerHand3.pdf

PayPal dispute comment:

https://cl.ly/oOTl/Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 13.08.11.png

https://cl.ly/oOJ4/[aee007addf3bd7d444d141f0abaff873]_Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 13.12.29.png

Serverhand deleted my account:

https://cl.ly/oPJQ/[cad661d8f2008d6cfe15dd8f1fe41d74]_Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 13.08.33.png

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

Could you please post screenshots of the PayPal dispute and tickets? Please remember to remove sensitive data.

Thanked by 2Clouvider clarity_64
  • trewq said: Could you please post screenshots of the PayPal dispute and tickets? Please remember to remove sensitive data.

>

I updated my post.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

And so the chargebacks will now start as many have warned.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Ban the guy.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited December 2017

• @ServerHand You have just signed your own death wish LOL.

• Thanked by 3mfs Janevski x3host
  • @ServerHand said:
    I desire a poop

You don't desire. You are.

• dyudyu Member
    edited December 2017

@rustyhalo

I decided to seek PayPal for assistance by filing a dispute, supplied LET thread, ticket history and email serverhand sent.

I am still new to hosting, but I think next time I should at least do some research before purchasing.

Next time, think twice before doing chargebacks. No provider here is gonna want/accept that.

Always try to resolve it first by contacting them. Chargebacks ought to be last resort when all else fails.

Edit: Posted this before reading the attachments.

@dyu said:
    @rustyhalo

I am still new to hosting, but I think next time I should at least do some research before purchasing.

Next time, think twice before doing chargebacks. No provider here is gonna want/accept that.

Always try to resolve it first by contacting them. Chargebacks ought to be last resort when all else fails.

Have you been keeping in the loop with this? It was justified.

• so ... much ... shitposting ...

Thanked by 1vpsguy
  • dyudyu Member
    edited December 2017

@trewq said:

@dyu said:
    @rustyhalo

Edit:
    Obviously not since I didn't even bother reading the attachments (and simply skimmed the thread). My bad.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • dyu said: He had the opportunity of contacting the provider. Just like you as a provider would prefer (appreciate) to be contacted first before any chargebacks right?

>

Did you read my post at all? I contacted them through tickets.

Thanked by 26ixth Janevski
  • 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited December 2017

@dyu said:

@trewq said:

@dyu said:
    @rustyhalo

He had the opportunity of contacting the provider. Just like you as a provider would prefer (appreciate) to be contacted first before any chargebacks right?

Isn't that the code of conduct expected here?

For the record, I was able to reach out to Dustin from @ServerHand with a graceful resolution from his end.

Do you find it hard to read the original thread itself before posting replies? I thought trewq's reply would've alerted you to that but clearly not.

READ THE THREAD, THEN REPLY.

Thanked by 2ucxo Janevski
  • For chargebackers should be added $200 paypal fee. For $24 his paypal can be closed.

Am glad you have lost it.

• @6ixth said:

@dyu said:

@trewq said:

@dyu said:
    @rustyhalo

He had the opportunity of contacting the provider. Just like you as a provider would prefer (appreciate) to be contacted first before any chargebacks right?

Isn't that the code of conduct expected here?

For the record, I was able to reach out to Dustin from @ServerHand with a graceful resolution from his end.

Are you a fucking retard or something? Read the thread ITSELF THEN REPLY, PLEASE.

Oh shoot. I read the thread but didn't read the attachments.

• @WHT said:
    For chargebackers should be added $200 paypal fee. For $24 his paypal can be closed.

I find it hard to understand with your grammar if you are saying ServerHand should receive a $200 fee or if the OP should.

Again, READ THE THREAD, THEN REPLY.

• dyudyu Member
    edited December 2017

@rustyhalo said:

dyu said: He had the opportunity of contacting the provider. Just like you as a provider would prefer (appreciate) to be contacted first before any chargebacks right?

>

Did you read my post at all? I contacted them through tickets.

Yea I missed reading your attachment (and obviously skimmed through the thread with "chargeback" on my mind). Sorry bout that.

Thanked by 1rustyhalo
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It's a tough call. On one hand, could be argued that refund is obligated when the contract is actually broken rather than when it's announced as an upcoming change. On the other hand, production services should have been moved immediately upon announcement and customers should have no use for the server that hasn't been removed, making an argument that it's functionally equivalent to closing those services already as you shouldn't be deploying to it.

It could also be argued that you're aware it was a budget service, that they screwed up, and that it might take them a few weeks to settle all accounts. You could be understanding of that. You don't have to be, but it would be neighborly of you.

In this case I'm conflicted, I see merit to assigning some blame for this single event to both parties. I think I'll not be taking any action to intervene in anything based on it.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@ramnet you choose to align yourself with this sort of person? I remember when XFS_duke decided to jump into bed with a con man, where is he now? don't hurt your own good reputation by involving your brand with this criminal thieving child even if you do not agree with that, everyone else does you will only put a black mark on your otherwise good name.

@trewq perhaps member no signature time too not just stripping the provider tag.

edited December 2017

@jarland you could take that stance yes, but really, no action is needed now, its for consideration for the future imo, but his provider tag is gone (signature could do with being removed) so that is a start.

In the TOS of life, it states "Dont be a dick" he is a dick, a thieving dick and further lowering consumer confidence in this market because any 12 year old that asks gets a provider tag these days, you say it is not an endorsement, you may feel it is not, but it means something or at least.. it should and did.

Thanked by 2jar MCHPhil
  • jarland said: It could also be argued that you're aware it was a budget service, that they screwed up, and that it might take them a few weeks to settle all accounts. You could be understanding of that. You don't have to be, but it would be neighborly of you.

Yes, I am aware of that, I did initially agreed to wait for two weeks before they are able to refund me. But the LET thread and the replies they posted were just inconsistent inconsiderate and self-conflicting, I decided otherwise based on what I read.

• @jarland said:
    It's a tough call. On one hand, could be argued that refund is obligated when the contract is actually broken rather than when it's announced as an upcoming change.

>

To clear any doubts host later closed OP's account, breaking contract.

Thanked by 1jar
  • ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    @ramnet you choose to align yourself with this sort of person?

I'm not aligned with ServerHand. As I said, I do not have any relationship with them apart from the refugee offer, which I don't profit from at all. My involvement is simply to help the customers of ServerHand that are suffering from this tragedy.

I don't condone what ServerHand has done in any way whatsoever. As I said before, this guy's entire life is a disaster, it isn't just his business where he has made bad choices.

I had examined the possibility of taking over ServerHand from the current owner, and decided it wasn't worth my while. So the refugee offer is the next best thing. Anyone can take it or leave it.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2017

Call your bank, get the money back.

In case Paypal gets pissed, show them proof.

• ramnet said: I had examined the possibility of taking over ServerHand from the current owner, and decided it wasn't worth my while. So the refugee offer is the next best thing. Anyone can take it or leave it.

Sorry for bothering, but am I eligible for a refugee offer from you guys?

Neoon said: Call your bank, get the money back.

Unfortunately I paid this specific invoice using paypal balance.

• LeeLee Veteran

He should be banned, not offering refunds, no money, is offering refunds but need to wait until next year, he is stalling, clearly there is more going on in the background he is hiding.

This was a pretty dick thing to do just once given what has transpired so far. I suspect this is the only one we have heard of, probably more.

rustyhalo said: Unfortunately I paid this specific invoice using paypal balance.

CALL PayPal, do not use the web ui and ask to appeal the decision, explain it to them, you will be surprised how far that gets you.

• @6ixth said:

@WHT said:
    For chargebackers should be added $200 paypal fee. For $24 his paypal can be closed.

I find it hard to understand with your grammar if you are saying ServerHand should receive a $200 fee or if the OP should.

Again, READ THE THREAD, THEN REPLY.

My grammer dident say nothing, I did. Not the provider, the chargebacker should pay $300 fee. The smart asses also.