Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a VPS to Install a Bitcoin full node on
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a VPS to Install a Bitcoin full node on

Hello.
I want to install a Bitcoin full node on a vps (or dedicated server).
The Minimum Requirements are:

• 145 gigabytes of free disk space
  • 2 gigabytes of memory (RAM)
  • A broadband Internet connection with upload speeds of at least 400 kilobits (50 kilobytes) per second
  • An unmetered connection

Also my budget is very low so i need it as cheap as possible.
Do you guys know where can i get that?
Thanks.

Comments

• pikepike Veteran
    edited December 2017

Very low is not a budget. If you don't care that your server uses mainly nuclear power kimsufi may be your best bet. If you want a VPS you may wait for the next netcup advent calendar offer from the RS category.

Thanked by 1patchy
  • Thank you for your reply.
    My budget is $10/m and i didn't mentioned it because i am looking for the lowest price possible.
    Didn't find the required specs on Kimsufi service.
    I need * 145 gigabytes of free disk space * 2 gigabytes of memory (RAM) * An unmetered connection

• There are many offering 2GB RAM and "unmetered" bandwidth
    However I can only find few providers offering more than 145GB free space. The cheapest I can find:

netcup RootServer RS 500 SAS G7 SE
    4,99€ / month
    2 dedicated core, Intel® Xeon® E5-2660V3
    3 GB DDR4 ECC
    4 x 120 GB SAS, RAID10 (240 GB free space)
    1 Gbit/s.

Thanked by 1patchy
  • Thank you Jebing, but unfortunately that is a 120gb of storage when i need something like 150..
    Or did i missed something? i might understand that wrong..

• @patchy said:
    Thank you Jebing, but unfortunately that is a 120gb of storage when i need something like 150..
    Or did i missed something? i might understand that wrong..

It is 4 x 120 GB Raid 10 = 240 GB drive space

• Do you want annually or monthly plans? // What is your budget?

• You do realize that VPS implies that you will NOT be using A LOT of your resources MOST of the time. #forfucksakesapplycommonsense #noshitmyhashtagsarelongtheysayitall

• HarzemHarzem Member
    edited December 2017

Jebing said: netcup RootServer RS 500 SAS G7 SE 4,99€ / month 2 dedicated core, Intel® Xeon® E5-2660V3 3 GB DDR4 ECC 4 x 120 GB SAS, RAID10 (240 GB free space) 1 Gbit/s.

I'm not a frequent shopper, so I don't immediately notice finer details, but that looks like an awesome deal. What's the catch? Is it really a VPS with 2 dedicated cores, 3 GB ram and 4 dedicated drives for 5€/month?

If so, why is anybody paying $5/mo to digitalocean for half a gig vps?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

If you can work with VM manager 5 KVM, then I can provide cheap VPS.

• @Harzem said:

Jebing said: netcup RootServer RS 500 SAS G7 SE 4,99€ / month 2 dedicated core, Intel® Xeon® E5-2660V3 3 GB DDR4 ECC 4 x 120 GB SAS, RAID10 (240 GB free space) 1 Gbit/s.

I'm not a frequent shopper, so I don't immediately notice finer details, but that looks like an awesome deal. What's the catch? Is it really a VPS with 2 dedicated cores, 3 GB ram and 4 dedicated drives for 5€/month?

If so, why is anybody paying $5/mo to digitalocean for half a gig vps?

Netcup is rock solid german provider :)
    Almost like Hetzner^^

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

pike said: next netcup advent calendar offer from the RS category.

Were you expecting a RS500 today, mate?

t-tomorrow will be the day, I swear!

Harzem said: I'm not a frequent shopper

you missed quite a lot of threads about netcup too it seems

Thanked by 1pike
  • @mfs said:
    you missed quite a lot of threads about netcup too it seems

I don't quite keep up with provider threads (since I'm not a shopper). I usually join technical discussions. I've only heard of netcup, I don't have any idea about their reputation or history.

• patchypatchy Member
    edited December 2017

@cheapwebdev said:
    You do realize that VPS implies that you will NOT be using A LOT of your resources MOST of the time. #forfucksakesapplycommonsense #noshitmyhashtagsarelongtheysayitall

i will not use it 100% this is not for mining. i am starting a wallet.

update: i have found a vps with 2gb ram with 200gb for $3.99/m

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

@Harzem said:

You're going to be tied into it for 12 months, and you are stuck for at least one cycle. Check @Falzo's signature for special deals. I'm running an RS1000 and to be honest, it and a couple smaller VPS are all I need. I've migrated everything important there, and the others are now for play.

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1607

Thanked by 2Aidan Falzo
  • @WSS said:

@Harzem said:

You're going to be tied into it for 12 months, and you are stuck for at least one cycle. Check @Falzo's signature for special deals. I'm running an RS1000 and to be honest, it and a couple smaller VPS are all I need. I've migrated everything important there, and the others are now for play.

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1607

it's not 4 dedicated drives. it's just 240GB disk space, and the underlying infrastructure is RAID10 with SAS drives.

other then that, this are really good VMs.

mind the contract term length and don't do stupid things with them anyway, german providers are not easy on incoming complains or abuse notices ;-)

grab a 5€ coupon off your first order from my signature.

• A wallet..... ok. I got one for $2 in peru. One time fee.

• EasedEased Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2017

A bitcoin full node is not equal to a miner.

Finding a VPS with 150GB disk space will be a challenge. Try pruned mode: https://bitcoin.org/en/full-node#reduce-storage

Also the 2GB requirement is more or less a best practice. You can get away with 1GB no problem.

Thanked by 1patchy
  • @patchy said:

@cheapwebdev said:
    You do realize that VPS implies that you will NOT be using A LOT of your resources MOST of the time. #forfucksakesapplycommonsense #noshitmyhashtagsarelongtheysayitall

Yeah don't bother mentioning the provider because, you know, gotta keep it secret. Because people could steal your awesome business idea to make much $$$$. You don't wanna risk that, right? And fuck the people who tried to help you, right? People like you make me want to puke out of my ahole

• sorry @mfs, maybe in 24h ? ;-)

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

Falzo said: ;-)

Were you expecting a fancy RS, pheraps?

They better release an RS before Christmas Eve...

• @DarioX said:

@patchy said:

@cheapwebdev said:

Yeah don't bother mentioning the provider because, you know, gotta keep it secret. Because people could steal your awesome business idea to make much $$$$. You don't wanna risk that, right? And fuck the people who tried to help you, right? People like you make me want to puke out of my ahole

Well you could just ask. i am new to this forum and don't know what are the rules of posting outside url.
    And what are you talking about? me not wanting to share my business idea? i just told you my idea.
    Regarding the people who tried to help me i have thanked them.
    People like me make you puke? just read your own comment see if that makes you puke.

• @Eased said:
    A bitcoin full node is not equal to a miner.

Finding a VPS with 150GB disk space will be a challenge. Try pruned mode: https://bitcoin.org/en/full-node#reduce-storage

Also the 2GB requirement is more or less a best practice. You can get away with 1GB no problem.

So i can work with a 1gb ram and something like 12gb storage (5gb for bitcoind and some for the os) ?
    I think i will give it a try.

• @patchy said:

@DarioX said:

@patchy said:

@cheapwebdev said:

Well you could just ask. i am new to this forum and don't know what are the rules of posting outside url.
    And what are you talking about? me not wanting to share my business idea? i just told you my idea.
    People like me make you puke? just read your own comment see if that makes you puke.

Welcome to LET @patchy.

Thanked by 1patchy
  • @patchy said:

@DarioX said:

@patchy said:

@cheapwebdev said:

It's not hard to miss the rules, its fucking impossible. One has to avoid them here.

• I could recommend Wishhosting, see this offer or contact @exception0x876:

1 vCPU 2GB RAM 200GB HDD Unmetered 250Mbps bandwidth $3.99/mo

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • zevuszevus Member
    edited December 2017

@patchy said:
    Hello.
    I want to install a Bitcoin full node on a vps (or dedicated server).
    The Minimum Requirements are:

• 145 gigabytes of free disk space
    • 2 gigabytes of memory (RAM)
    • A broadband Internet connection with upload speeds of at least 400 kilobits (50 kilobytes) per second
    • An unmetered connection

Also my budget is very low so i need it as cheap as possible.
    Do you guys know where can i get that?
    Thanks.

It's on my zvs signature on bitcointalk!

Use one of the storage VPS at time4vps.

also, bitcoind doesn't take a massive amt of resources, once you've synced the blockchain. i guess some ppl still confuse this with mining

... and for 200GB, you will need more space in about 7-8 months