Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS network disconected regularly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS network disconected regularly

idrasidras Member
edited December 2017 in General

Hi
i have dedicated server and install virtualizor to create VPS full resource, i have weird problem, my vps always get disconected regularly from my SSH and i can not reach my VPS after serveral time
based statistic on dedicated server shows that my vps is still running but unreachable SSH/from outside
it will work again after restarting network (from console)

and then i reinstall my VPS using proxmox and create vps full resource, and i get the same problem, ssh disconected but i can access using console

where is the problem? is the problem on my dedicatd server setup?

Comments

• CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

Where is your dedicated server hosted? If it's some European DC, you might be having problems with routing VMs traffic over the network card of your physical server. Did you setup your virtualization in bridged or routed mode? If you can connect to your VM via console and the VM itself can't reach outside world, than usually it's something wrong with your networking setup. Try routed mode...

And tell us more about what virtualization technology are you using? Xen PV, Xen HVM, Xen PVonHVM, KVM, OpenVZ?

• Are you using NAT for the VMs?
    If you use bridged interface then maybe a security system is setting the port down, because theres a new/unkown MAC address connected.

• @CrossBox said:
    Where is your dedicated server hosted? If it's some European DC, you might be having problems with routing VMs traffic over the network card of your physical server.

Sir, please confirm if I buy a server in US or Asia, I won't have those issues? Are the problems due to european intelligence inspecting my packets or do the shipping from either continent to Europe somehow damage the network cards due to air pressure if shipped by plane?

I'm very interested to find out the reasoning of this only affecting EU servers.

Thanked by 3mksh jar Makenai
  • i buy server from USA DC,
    my vps unreachable regularly after several time, and it will work again if i go to console and run service network restart
    i have tried on proxmox and virtualizor with KVM and both have the same issue

this is dedicated server with /29 IP and 5 IPs usable

@idras said:
    i buy server from USA DC,
    my vps unreachable regularly after several time, and it will work again if i go to console and run service network restart
    i have tried on proxmox and virtualizor with KVM and both have the same issue

this is dedicated server with /29 IP and 5 IPs usable

There may be an issue with your network driver. Also, does this happen during network spikes or just randomly? Did you contact your DC's support?

• Hi
    i have contacted my provider and the problem is about wrong IP allocated to my server
    they have change IP allocation and working well now

Glad to here everything is good now :)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Zerpy said:

CrossBox said:
    Where is your dedicated server hosted? If it's some European DC, you might be having problems with routing VMs traffic over the network card of your physical server.

Sir, please confirm if I buy a server in US or Asia, I won't have those issues? Are the problems due to european intelligence inspecting my packets or do the shipping from either continent to Europe somehow damage the network cards due to air pressure if shipped by plane?

I'm very interested to find out the reasoning of this only affecting EU servers.

Oh, that’s same as your earlier assumption on M.2 = Consumer.