Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flamehosting took my money
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Flamehosting took my money

It was my very first VPS. It used to be called Host90, ran by some people in Spain. I signed up because they offered trixbox (Asterisk PBX) template. They gave good service. Then, in October 2011 they sold the company and client base to Flamehosting. The last 2-3 months the support was virtually non-existent. Then, in the middle of last week, we the customers have received an email saying Flamehosting would shut down within 36 hours. What a great timely given notice, right? I paid 36 dollars just in July for 6 months. That leaves over 30 dollars that they took. I won't be poorer because of it, but I am upset. At least if only they tried to sell the customer base to other company... anyway, Flamehosting, shame on you!

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited September 2013

Did you ask them for a pro-rated refund?

• They do not reply to emails, facebook, anything. It was a neat littel VPS I had, not oversubscribed, and almost never giving me any problems. But last few months they do not reply to emails, I needed OS reinstall, that option was removed from CP, and my tickets went unanswered, as well as emails.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited September 2013

@rubiohiguey
    That is sad to hear, we have had a couple of people move their services from Flamehosting due to this issue, 2 of which were without backups. It's appalling to see such actions being taken with 36 hours notice. though I believe the clients we took on didn't receive the email which is extremely unfortunate :(

• Fortunately, I backed up everything, because I wanted OS reinstall (I got weird message on FFMPEG kernel out of date). After I backed up everything to Uploaded, it was then I found out OS reinstall was removed from CP. And then the tickets went unanswered, and then came the end.

Reece, are you a VPS provider? If so, check my other post http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/13295/business-opportunity-for-vps-providers-asterisk-pbx maybe you could give it a try.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited September 2013

That is good to hear!

Anyhow; I sent you a PM @rubiohiguey

I look forward to hearing back from you :)

• I noticed you post on WHT, as well.

Note: if you search for 'Flamehosting' on it, you'll find they stopped advertising on November 22, 2012.

I suppose that itself is a bad sign.

Good luck with your new host!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Master_Bo said:
    I suppose that itself is a bad sign.

That depends.
    As of late, we have no more stock to offer on iperweb.com, and we get at least a few tickets a day asking if we are not shutting down for some reason and how safe their VMs are.
    Of course, not only that we do not shutdown, but for current customers or those that bother to open a ticket we usually provide the VM they need from cancellations. We also do upgrades. So, all LET people, if you do not see stock, in most cases it is not that we do not have, it is just too little to risk it on unknown people so we prefer to sell to ppl we know, LET ones included, even if they dont have an account yet with us.

This is probably an aquired reflex by people which saw their host die on them too many times.
    Prometeus is not going anywhere, we just concentrate on our cloud offering until we manage to iron out most issues and put up a serious knowledge base to deal with most common problems since it is something new for everyone, as well as finish a control panel to help people which find the UI slow and very different from Solus.

• Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
    edited September 2013

@Maounique said:
    That depends.

Absence of advertised offers is required, but not solely sufficient sign to raise alarm.

When hosts doesn't advertise, doesn't appear on public media, doesn't respond to support/sales request - well, then it's definitely time to move elsewhere.

I suppose Prometeus has nothing to worry about, taking the above into account.