Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Setup DHCP on Hyper-V
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Setup DHCP on Hyper-V

feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep

Hi everyone!
Is there any tutorial about DHCP on Hyper-V that works?
I tried this: https://www.wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Windows_Server_2012_Subnet/en
Step by step, but still the VMs can't connect the internet although the DHCP has distributed the correct IP configuration (Subnet, Gateway, IP).
I used RRAS to NAT before, it does have internet but with host IP, not the VM IP.
More info is that I have a server with Nocix/WSI, Bought 2 subnet which is 1x /29 (free) and 1x/27. All I want is to create VMs and it will auto config the network, No need me to go to each VMs and setup manually.
Any suggest is appreciated!

Comments

• @feezioxiii said:
    More info is that I have a server with Nocix/WSI, Bought 2 subnet which is 1x /29 (free) and 1x/27. All I want is to create VMs and it will auto config the network, No need me to go to each VMs and setup manually.

If you mean DHCP, it doesn't generally work that way. I wasn't aware that they offered Windows 2012 without a huge expense, either. Good luck, though.

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:

@feezioxiii said:

If you mean DHCP, it doesn't generally work that way. I wasn't aware that they offered Windows 2012 without a huge expense, either. Good luck, though.

Idk though, manually setup IP for each VMs is a damn waste of time and very inconvinient in some cases. Any Ideas?

• Yes. Check your network settings and if you need to setup vMacs manually with your other bridged IPs, or if it will accept them automatically.

@WSS said:
    Yes. Check your network settings and if you need to setup vMacs manually with your other bridged IPs, or if it will accept them automatically.

Any docs for that @WSS? It would be nice if you can refer me some. Basically what you said is working the same way as Hetzner single additional IP right?

• @feezioxiii said:
    Any docs for that @WSS? It would be nice if you can refer me some. Basically what you said is working the same way as Hetzner single additional IP right?

There aren't any. You need to contact them on information on how to integrate them, unless it's an "Instant Server", in which case you're stuffed if it doesn't work- and it did before you installed Windows 2012.

@WSS said:

@feezioxiii said:

There aren't any. You need to contact them on information on how to integrate them, unless it's an "Instant Server", in which case you're stuffed if it doesn't work- and it did before you installed Windows 2012.

So only "Instant server" can config that? I ordered custom E5 2670v2 :(

• @feezioxiii said:

@WSS said:

@feezioxiii said:

No, you have it backwards. Open a ticket.

@WSS said:

@feezioxiii said:

@WSS said:

@feezioxiii said:

lol, they only give answer like: this is an unmanaged services, you will have to do it on your own

• @feezioxiii said:

@WSS said:

@feezioxiii said:

@WSS said:

@feezioxiii said:

lol, they only give answer like: this is an unmanaged services, you will have to do it on your own

Then you're kind of fucked.

• @feezioxiii said:

At least you got an answer. If you really need them to setup something for you ask for a price, they won't do it for free unless it can be done in 5 minutes.