Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email Problem sending to free emails like Gmail and others
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email Problem sending to free emails like Gmail and others

the issue with the VPS that I have set something to be able to send emails,
it's actually not easy to setup, should I get email hosting that cost even more like " G Suite " to be able to send emails ?
which is costing more actually...

or what do you think?

Comments

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited December 2017

Check your ip against https://mxtoolbox.com/

Make sure you have proper spf records

Thanked by 1Go4Mart
  • YuraYura Member
    edited December 2017

Do you take pride in your IP?

Does it feel valued and cherished?

Always remind your static asset that it's cost will never be diminished.

Peace. Love. @Jarland

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • cyagoncyagon Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanked by 1Go4Mart
  • @Go4Mart

Setting up a fully working mail server, including spam / anti virus protection is not that easy.
    You'd need a reverse entry for your IP, without you will not be able to send mails to most servers

Do you have any logs from your server regarding your problem with Gmail addresses?

Thanked by 1Go4Mart
  • Go4MartGo4Mart Member
    edited December 2017

@ez2uk said:

Check your ip against https://mxtoolbox.com/

Make sure you have proper spf records

I do not have SPF records, I am using cPanel and WHM to set all that but seems nothing there.

@Yura said:
    Do you take pride in your IP?

Does it feel valued and cherished?

Always remind your static asset that it's cost will never be diminished.

Peace. Love. @Jarland

I do not get it.

Thanks, but not sure how this can help ?

@Timtimo13 said:
    @Go4Mart

Setting up a fully working mail server, including spam / anti virus protection is not that easy.
    You'd need a reverse entry for your IP, without you will not be able to send mails to most servers

Do you have any logs from your server regarding your problem with Gmail addresses?

Thanks yes, it's something wrong seems they do not accept it,

That's bounce back and get this message each time I try to send to free emails like gmail

here is log from Mail Delivery System in Google Mail

550-5.7.1 authentication checks. To best protect our users from spam, the

550-5.7.1 message has been blocked. Please visit
    550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for more>

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Go4Mart said: here is log from Mail Delivery System in Google Mail

Use mail-tester.com to find out why your email sucks, and then recognize that whatever you're sending to google, they don't want it. You can't force a recipient to take something they don't want.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2017

Go4Mart said: I do not have SPF records, I am using cPanel and WHM to set all that but seems nothing there.

This must be corrected.

EDIT: setup dns spf like this:
    TXT 'v=spf1 +a:spf.yourdomain.com -all' spf A 198.51.100.1 A 198.51.100.2

The "A" records are for spf.yourdomain.com with the IPs of the outbound mail servers.

• Just pay for Mxroute, I learned my lesson after a year or so.

• 6ixth said: Just pay for Mxroute, I learned my lesson after a year or so.

IMHO this is the best answer so far ....

• @FrankZ said:

6ixth said: Just pay for Mxroute, I learned my lesson after a year or so.

Yep. Nice to just have shit that works.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @FrankZ said:

6ixth said: Just pay for Mxroute, I learned my lesson after a year or so.

Plans & Pricing there are 2 options but no explanation of what is it ?

Small and Medium and large ..

and MX1 and MX2 and MX3 ... I am unsure what is that?

and they also offering SMTP Relay Service, and not sure why if it's included on email ?

• Setup SPF, DKIM, DMARC and rDNS. If still doesn't work. Request for IP change.

• Check your settings with mail-tester.com

• @CreatePrivateServer said:
    Setup SPF, DKIM, DMARC and rDNS. If still doesn't work. Request for IP change.

spammer also setup all of these

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2017

Go4Mart said: Small and Medium and large ..

>

>
    and they also offering SMTP Relay Service, and not sure why if it's included on email ?

You can start with MX1 and upgrade if required.
    If I am still correct, if you are only sending a few outbound mails then you can relay with the standard plan. Sending more outbound will require a SMTP Relay Service plan, as @Jarland is nice, but not stupid nice.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@FrankZ said:

Go4Mart said: Small and Medium and large ..

>

>

You can start with MX1 and upgrade if required.
    If I am still correct, if you are only sending a few outbound mails then you can relay with the standard plan. Sending more outbound will require a SMTP Relay Service plan, as @Jarland is nice, but not stupid nice.

>

^
    This, basically. We are fine with relaying emails, that is, a reasonable fair number of emails.
    If you are relaying thousands of emails per month then mxroute.io is the way to go.

As Frank mentioned above, you can start with a smaller plan and upgrade to another plan should you need to :).

Cheers!

• If you are going to send out marketing emails go with the relay service. If transactional & regular business emails, go with regular mxroute plans

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Does "send emails" mean "my users can send emails to any of the major email providers and they're not auto-spammed"?

Or "send email to myself"?

With reverse DNS setup, I've never had an issue sending emails from my VPS to my GSuite account, though sometimes I have to create a "never send to spam" filter.

• Hotmail blocked my ip so every mail from my domain (like forgot password, user registration) cant be delivered to hotmail(live.com). What should I do to fix this.

Thanks

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2017

@rumi4 said:
    Hotmail blocked my ip so every mail from my domain (like forgot password, user registration) cant be delivered to hotmail(live.com). What should I do to fix this.

Thanks

Order an mxroute.io plan, promos at https://mxroute.io/LET.html ;-)

• @rumi4 said:
    Hotmail blocked my ip so every mail from my domain (like forgot password, user registration) cant be delivered to hotmail(live.com). What should I do to fix this.

Thanks

contact microsoft and https://postmaster.live.com/snds/FAQ.aspx

• rumi4 said: Hotmail blocked my ip so every mail from my domain (like forgot password, user registration) cant be delivered to hotmail(live.com). What should I do to fix this.

Thanks

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/getsupport?oaspworkflow=start_1.0.0.0&wfname=capsub&productkey=edfsmsbl3&locale=en-us&ccsid=635900597399910848

https://sender.office.com/

• tis life, time to alt f4.