Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMHaus review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMHaus review

This discussion was created from comments split from: The Cest Pit.
Thanked by 2vmhaus limited
Poll not found

Comments

• Hello Let people

Today I shall review Vmhaus VPS which also happens to be my first one I gave it to myself as a birthday present.

In one word, epic.

The rest is tldr!

Now this will be in the point of view of a blind man so not everyone will agree on some of these things.

Pros:

• epic support in my opinion. At first when I signed up I had an issue with accessing it because the password I was given would not work. But with the help of their good support it was fixed in a matter of hours and if they were in a corperation that would give people bonuses for good service I would rate it 5 stars.

• Very fast the internet downloads things in a matter of ms in my opinion and I must be near alot of idlers like me because it honestly feels like I am running bash on my own computer almost. And I am not going to bench it for you bench lovers. Sorry, too dumb and lazy to find out how. But it actually has a fast processor according to /proc/cpuinfo and it downloads things quick on the interwebs. That's my 'bench' for you. If it helps, I counted the things that said core in them and stopped after two, I don't like pressing down arrow thousands of times in putty.

• Sustainable as far as I can tell. I like how they did not go too crazy on black friday. I don't remember them doing insane things like provide 100 gb of disk storage for 5 dollars a month on black Friday thank god.

• Custom plans. I wanted more resources than what was offered by default and added 30 gb of disk space to the $14 one for extra 3 dollars (more in CAD though).

*insert rant blaming economics and oil (but at least when interest rates increase it will get a bit better).

• Pretty cheep for what I got actually. 80 gb of ssd NVME or something like that, 4 shared cores I think, 4 gb of ram for $17.

Minor Constructive Criticism I hope:

• The console you use as a last resort access to the VPS uses HTML5 canvus extensively which Is not good for me because I am blind remember. When I open it, I got like a few seconds of opertunity to shut it down or reboot before I can't even access those buttons either. In crome I get a useless image for me and in firefox my screenreader lies to me and says "Canvus not supported"

• The management pannal is not the best accessibility wise. I can't confirm always that I clicked in the right place when making a new instance. I hear the headings telling me what to click but when I do I get no notification in any way that it did anything. Also the eddit box where you enter the hostname does not have a label on it saying that it is for host name I had to confirm with the support which I had on speed dial.

I am very satisfied, can't wait to try other amazing providers I am hooked on other peoples computers that I can put websites on.

Thanked by 2MikePT MasonR
    • HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

I too have a positive experience with vmhaus, he set up centoswebpanel and got my old whmcs installation working diddly fine. Network was always good (I believe I was on the Canadian node)

Uptime was great and page loads were gooood

Thanked by 1vmhaus
    • Voted.

• Did... did a discussion just get moved out of the Cest Pit?

Never thought I'd see the moment.

Thanked by 1Aidan
    • @FlamesRunner said:
      Did... did a discussion just get moved out of the Cest Pit?

Never thought I'd see the moment.

Shilling in Cest Pit is not tolerated!

• I do apologize again I had two windows open and I pasted my shill in the wrong location. I blame the millennials.

Thanked by 4Yura MasonR Amitz WSS
    • @hammer said:
      I do apologize again I had two windows open and I pasted my shill in the wrong location. I blame the millennials.

I like this kid. He's got moxie.

• vmhaus: not fit for teh cesspit ™