Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH SoYouStart : what's your Santa Claus wishlist ? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH SoYouStart : what's your Santa Claus wishlist ?

Comments

• @lion said:
    More and cheaper storaageeeeee

as asked, plw define "more" :p and since we can do a lot of stuff, how do you want it ? local HD included in the server price, option, cloud storage with a nice protocol, ...

• @cuhaos said:
    Recurring discount code or discounts on long terms.

vRack would be nice

Crypto payment would be nice (not only Bitcoin, fees are too high) BTC, LTC, ETH, XMR

Recurring : not now. maybe after april.

vRack : as far as i know, never in SyS and KS. not our target.

Crypto : i'll talk with our legal team to see if we can do something. i guess it will take time.

• wokenwoll said: if you can define "high storage"

Let's say above 2x2TB. Like the basic Hetzner auction servers have 2x3TB, and their SX line (SX61 = 4x6TB at 70 euro/m + 70 euro setup) is much more cost effective than comparable OVH or Online servers. Similarly with the Storage Box product. Oles posted something a while back about OVH dropping its object store charges to 0.004e/GB but nothing ever happened with that, as far as I could tell (unless that materialized as the Cloud Archive product).

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • @WebProject said:

@marson said:
    It would be nice to have ability to choose certain datacenter during order. Personally I prefer to have my server in SBG but everytime I order new server I get it in RBX.

Haha, My personal choice is RBX as it seems to me better connectivity than other DCs in FR.

for info if you missed it, here is our network infra : http://weathermap.ovh.net/

• @alice2k said:
    and of course the launch of new data centers

soyoustart in UK PL DE; Kimsufi price in PL and USA location we wait some years

New locations ok, but what for ? ping, local legislation, customer habits, other ?
    The ping between UK and FR is not so different for example

• Sorry, I re-read my comment I am not sure it was very clear. What I would like to see is the ability to setup regular payments either via paypal or card subscription. I can already do this with my OVH servers, but not with so you start or kimsufi services I have. I know it's easy enough to click the link when the bill email comes in, but it would be great to "set and forget" :)

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • There used to be 2x300GB SSD plans with W3530 or something similar CPU. Would be nice to see something like that come back. 3x120 is just too small and 2x240 is ~15 euro more.

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • lionlion Member
    edited December 2017

@wokenwoll said:

@lion said:
    More and cheaper storaageeeeee

as asked, plw define "more" :p and since we can do a lot of stuff, how do you want it ? local HD included in the server price, option, cloud storage with a nice protocol, ...

Local HDs

2x4

2x8
    etc

Thanked by 2fxf wokenwoll
  • @wokenwoll How about the women? @time4vps cashes out on their pretty blonde. What can you do for us?

Kims' Ufi? (She's true to herself, only one IP.)

Thanked by 2WebProject karjaj
  • No recurring no business with me.

Thanked by 2WebProject fxf
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@WHT said:
    No recurring no business with me.

Some people opposite, I still like recurring this way life is much easier, as I like to pay by direct debit, PayPal subscription and auto charge CC

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Guess I'm the opposite, I hate when companies automatically charge my card or PayPal unless it's a software license or something.

Either way, you can add a card to OVH already and get charged at the renewal date.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @MikeA said:
    Guess I'm the opposite, I hate when companies automatically charge my card or PayPal unless it's a software license or something.

Either way, you can add a card to OVH already and get charged at the renewal date.

Yeah I would love the same option for the SyS panel.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@wokenwoll said:

@WebProject said:

@marson said:
    It would be nice to have ability to choose certain datacenter during order. Personally I prefer to have my server in SBG but everytime I order new server I get it in RBX.

Haha, My personal choice is RBX as it seems to me better connectivity than other DCs in FR.

for info if you missed it, here is our network infra : http://weathermap.ovh.net/

Haha, still your weathermap shows that RBX has more connections links

• Reoccurring offers, one offs are no good.

• floydfloyd Member
    edited December 2017
    • Japan DC
    • Bigger SSD on SYS
    • Recurring discounts

And may I know usually when you guys will upgrade the hardware of the dedis on SYS?

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • A server like this: i7-3770 - 2 x 4TB @ $40 or 4 x 4TB @ $60

And have the opportunities to order without ddos protection. And save some bucks.

But I don't think it will ever happen :(

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

vMAC for IPV6 (to be able to run VMs with only an IPv6 address)

Thanked by 2wokenwoll WebProject
  • New locations plus 1Gbit download speed would be nice.

Thanked by 2wokenwoll WebProject
  • $7 i7

• LeeLee Veteran

@wokenwoll - I am guessing you ignored the point of support because you know its shit and won't change?

• wokenwoll said: Long time no see. I'm still working at OVH and can now influence about the OVH DS/VPS/Kimsufi/SoYoustart offers ;)

I'm starting with SoYouStart (not sure if I can link the website, so i don't)

Based on our current offers, what's missing from your point of view ? It could be features or hardware stuff, please tell me. just if you can explain your use case, it's even better

most of the stuff i am looking forward to is coming soon AFAIK

1. OVH USA West Coast
    2. AMD Ryzen/EPYC & Intel Xeon Scalable CPUs

maybe more 7, 14 day trial rental offerings too would be nice

Thanked by 2willie wokenwoll
  • @iwaswrongonce said:
    How about some sensible GPU offerings. Most of our platform is OVH dedicated with a smattering of cloud (all in GRA) but our main research/analytic nodes had to be moved to Hetzner for their 1080s. Your GPU instances are underpowered and overpriced, and for ad-hoc data science, your dedicated GPU servers are just too massive.

Check out our GPU offers in OVH Public Cloud.
    We provide GTX1070 and GTX1080ti for very fair price
    No setup fees, and hourly billing (monthly too of course)

If you need to test it, we also provide the Jupyter distribution, perfect for Datascience bench
    FR : https://www.ovh.com/fr/public-cloud/instances/gpu/
    EN : https://www.ovh.co.uk/public-cloud/instances/gpu/

If you have a specific use case PM me

• @kalimov622 said:
    @wokenwoll, allow DDOS pro/game for all services within the OVH network. Not being able to turn on/off ddos protection for soyoustart and kimsufi makes these services pretty much worthless because it takes quite some time until VAC protection kicks in which makes it an unreliable protection.

If your infra and BW consumption allows it, you should try our new Load Balancers offers
    We built them with permanent mitigation protection against DDoS.
    (No UDP right now)

Our LB are compliant with every OVH/KS/SyS IPs

FR : https://www.ovh.com/fr/solutions/load-balancer/
    EN : sorry the translation is oingoing, that's a new page
    Google trad : https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.ovh.com/fr/solutions/load-balancer/

• @Lee said:
    @wokenwoll - I am guessing you ignored the point of support because you know its shit and won't change?

No. But working on this topic is hard. You, as customers, have biaised opinions on it.
    I agree, support is very heterogeneous based on the country you call.
    in FR and CA we have a lot of positive feedbacks and QoS is crazy good. On somes countries we have a lot of efforts to do, but i'm not the one in charge on this part. So i decided first to not answer.
    I will talk about it with him.
    On my side i would like first to relaunch the SyS community (discourse + howto (with retribution, for example 1 server for 1year for every writer)

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @wokenwoll give us BGP sessions

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • @wokenwoll possible on great deals on ARM storages? like 6T for... below EUR10?

Thanked by 2mosan7763 Nihim
  • @singhigh said:
    @wokenwoll possible on great deals on ARM storages? like 6T for... below EUR10?

4TB maybe under 10, not 6TB :)

Anyway for now if you want, we created Gift code for SyS and KS (25% off)
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/132730/

and as said here, we will go for -30% off in the whole SyS Essential range very soon
    (still no permanent discount)

Thanked by 1mosan7763
  • @wokenwoll said:

@singhigh said:
    @wokenwoll possible on great deals on ARM storages? like 6T for... below EUR10?

4TB maybe under 10, not 6TB :)

WELL HELLO

• permanent discount is the most important thing to me. the rest comes after that.

Thanked by 3WHT WebProject Yura