Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH SoYouStart : what's your Santa Claus wishlist ? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH SoYouStart : what's your Santa Claus wishlist ?

Comments

• WHTWHT Member
    edited December 2017

@wokenwoll said:

@singhigh said:
    @wokenwoll possible on great deals on ARM storages? like 6T for... below EUR10?

4TB maybe under 10, not 6TB :)

Anyway for now if you want, we created Gift code for SyS and KS (25% off)
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/132730/

and as said here, we will go for -30% off in the whole SyS Essential range very soon
    (still no permanent discount)

20% recurring could do also the job.

• @wokenwoll said:

Want.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • @WSS said:

@wokenwoll said:

Want.

x LET

• wokenwoll said:

Check out our GPU offers in OVH Public Cloud. We provide GTX1070 and GTX1080ti for very fair price No setup fees, and hourly billing (monthly too of course)

I have to say those are pretty expensive. The hourly rate is 2x the monthly and the monthly is enough even for a 1070 to pay a month+setup for a Hetzner 1080. There is also dedispec (monthly with no setup):

http://dedispec.com/gpu.php#gpu

plus GCE, AWS, and packet.net spot instances all start looking pretty good if you just want a gpu for a few hours. I do notice the OVH public cloud GPUs and sometimes being tempted to try them hourly, but they get expensive quickly.

• @wokenwoll said:

@iwaswrongonce said:
    How about some sensible GPU offerings. Most of our platform is OVH dedicated with a smattering of cloud (all in GRA) but our main research/analytic nodes had to be moved to Hetzner for their 1080s. Your GPU instances are underpowered and overpriced, and for ad-hoc data science, your dedicated GPU servers are just too massive.

Check out our GPU offers in OVH Public Cloud.
    We provide GTX1070 and GTX1080ti for very fair price
    No setup fees, and hourly billing (monthly too of course)

If you need to test it, we also provide the Jupyter distribution, perfect for Datascience bench
    FR : https://www.ovh.com/fr/public-cloud/instances/gpu/
    EN : https://www.ovh.co.uk/public-cloud/instances/gpu/

If you have a specific use case PM me

When I said "instance", I was referring to public cloud. They are priced too high. For less than the monthly cost of your 1070, we get a much beefier box with a 1080 from Hetzner.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2017

@mosan7763 said:
    permanent discount is the most important thing to me. the rest comes after that.

If the offer is good enough, I can see myself buying yearly too, but it should be very good then.

• Is that possible add more SSD plan for Xeon E5-1650v2 32 or 64GB ? I had already submit my suggest to ovh few months ago.

• @WSS said:

@wokenwoll said:

Want.

Double want.

• fanfan Veteran

@mksh said:

@WSS said:

@wokenwoll said:

Want.

Double want.
    @mksh said:

@WSS said:

@wokenwoll said:

Want.

Double want.

Triple want.

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited December 2017

@wokenwoll, enabling or disabling permanent mitigation alone (just as on OVH manager) would do it and that's pretty much all I need. Hosting some tcp only applications, load balancer or game firewall aren't required, the pro one is enough. Still not sure why soyoustart doesn't offer such option because OVH used to do it before the split.

• @Edward_S said:
    Is that possible add more SSD plan for Xeon E5-1650v2 32 or 64GB ? I had already submit my suggest to ovh few months ago.

Already found something somewhere else, else I'd upvote this. Would be too late for me though.

• marsonmarson Member
    edited December 2017

+1 for bigger port speed, 250 Mbps is too small these times 1 Gbps please, please ;)

• lionlion Member
    edited December 2017

@marson said:
    +1 for bigger port speed, 250 Mbps is too small these times 1 Gbps please, please ;)

Yeah so you can burn down traffic that's worth 10 times your server

• Recurring discounts to make me feel special and keep paying for servers I don't use.

• yea Gbit is too much but they could consider 350 for example or something that's an improvement and makes sense financially.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2017

@lion said:

@marson said:

really? the hetzner.com does 1 Gbit uplink Guaranteed bandwidth, I know that limited to 20 to 100TB of data transfer, I have no issue with that, at least they do guaranteed bandwidth not like OVH special wishy-washy what ever.

• I would be happy if they did a reasonable "premium bandwidth upgrade" to 512.

• lionlion Member
    edited December 2017

@WebProject said:

@lion said:

@marson said:

really? the hetzner.com does 1 Gbit uplink Guaranteed bandwidth, I know that limited to 20 to 100TB of data transfer, I have no issue with that, at least they do guaranteed bandwidth not like OVH special wishy-washy what ever.

So what? He didn't mention a traffic limit and so never did SYS. Besides that i can make use of the 250Mbit most of the time

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@lion said:

@WebProject said:

@lion said:

@marson said:

So what? He didn't mention a traffic limit and so never did SYS

I personally don't mind limitation of bandwidth but in return guaranteed bandwidth not like right now as it's not guaranteed on OVH (up to XX speed)

• @lion said:

@WebProject said:

@lion said:

@marson said:

So what? He didn't mention a traffic limit and so never did SYS. Besides that i can make use of the 250Mbit most of the time

Personally I would prefer to have something like 5 or 10 TB BW limit and 1 Gbps port (even 500 would be good) rather than theoretically 250 Mbps. I mean theoretically because sometimes I have speed around 100 Mbps and sometimes around 300 Mbps, the speed varies and it is unstable. Also in the past I had server from online.net sale at around 25 eur with 1 Gbps port, the truth was whenever I need that 1 Gbps and the source server was powerful enough to handle such big speed I was able to use my 1 Gbps port. Unfortunately for some other reasons I had to switch to OVH. I don't want to talk about that reasons here but it wasn't because of fact that I wasn't happy with connection or other stuff nor any abuse from my end, I cancelled it myself because I had to and I miss that server ;).

• Did I mention recurring discounts yet?

• NihimNihim Member
    edited December 2017

@Yura said:
    Did I mention recurring discounts yet?

no and it's a good thing someone finally has the guts to stand up and say it!

ps: recurring discounts

Thanked by 1Yura
  • williewillie Member
    edited December 2017

WebProject said: hetzner.com does 1 Gbit uplink Guaranteed bandwidth

Hahahahaha. Guaranteed at the edge router, maybe. The routes themselves, not so much. I don't care because I'm in it for the cpu and storage, but Hetzner network to the US is crap compared to OVH.

• My greatest wish is simple - even though it‘s an OVH wish, not a sys wish @wokenwoll:
    Hosted exchange accounts with recurring rebate instead of one-time only rebates.
    If you want to, limit to lets say 5 per client... but that would still give smaller businesses and privates the chance to use these at a discounted price.

• @wokenwoll said:
    Hello guys,

Long time no see. I'm still working at OVH and can now influence about the OVH DS/VPS/Kimsufi/SoYoustart offers ;)

I'm starting with SoYouStart (not sure if I can link the website, so i don't)

Based on our current offers, what's missing from your point of view ?
    It could be features or hardware stuff, please tell me. just if you can explain your use case, it's even better

examples :
    Need the same specs as Storage range but with higher CPU, because Plex can't stream correctly HD.
    Game range is Ok but with preinstalled Minecraft/... because i'm bored to apt-get. and come on it's 2017.
    I 'd like to pay with crypto currencies.

Thx !

Any recurring discount for SYS... anything! :)

• 1) Recurring discount like 2016 blackfriday on gameservers mc-32.
    2) Improve game firewall / UDP mitigation

• hello,

thx all for your feedbacks. I'm aggregating everything and will see next weeks what we can do.

PS : currently we have 30% off on every SyS Essential servers in few countries like FR, UK, ES, USA, CA, ...
    the promotion will be visible at the last step of your order.
    It's NOT a recurring discount

I know, we are at level 0 of ergonomy, we gonna improve it.

Thanked by 1jooja
  • @wokenwoll said:
    hello,

thx all for your feedbacks. I'm aggregating everything and will see next weeks what we can do.

PS : currently we have 30% off on every SyS Essential servers in few countries like FR, UK, ES, USA, CA, ...

Any idea when/if you'll add larger storage servers to SYS? I'd like to buy an ARM machine with larger than 6TB HDD for example.

• @Setsura said:

@wokenwoll said:
    hello,

Any idea when/if you'll add larger storage servers to SYS? I'd like to buy an ARM machine with larger than 6TB HDD for example.

No. it's christmas time here, i'll be able to meet hardware team at the beginning of january. then we will have to build new profiles and prod it. the minimum will be february or march

• @wokenwoll said:
    No. it's christmas time here, i'll be able to meet hardware team at the beginning of january. then we will have to build new profiles and prod it. the minimum will be february or march

Nice to know it may be in the works at least. Thanks.