Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH SoYouStart : what's your Santa Claus wishlist ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH SoYouStart : what's your Santa Claus wishlist ?

wokenwollwokenwoll Member
edited December 2017 in Providers

Hello guys,

Long time no see. I'm still working at OVH and can now influence about the OVH DS/VPS/Kimsufi/SoYoustart offers ;)

I'm starting with SoYouStart (not sure if I can link the website, so i don't)

Based on our current offers, what's missing from your point of view ?
It could be features or hardware stuff, please tell me. just if you can explain your use case, it's even better

examples :
Need the same specs as Storage range but with higher CPU, because Plex can't stream correctly HD.
Game range is Ok but with preinstalled Minecraft/... because i'm bored to apt-get. and come on it's 2017.
I 'd like to pay with crypto currencies.

Thx !

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

how about adding more SSDs to SYS than one or two usually sold out servers? I don't have a use, but I am sure people would appreciate that. (not the i7s)

Edit: Nevermind, the SSD servers are sorta in stock? oh well.

Thanked by 1Hannan
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

wokenwoll said: I 'd like to pay with crypto currencies

That's a winner right here.

Thanked by 1MrPsycho
  • fxffxf Member
    edited December 2017

Thanks for making this thread, first of all.

Erm, I noticed that SoYouStart has increased prices of all servers by $6-8/mo, can you plainly undo that? As far as I can tell there was no explanation of the price increase, and certainly while none is owed, it would be appreciated.

My own use cases, mostly storage related, are pretty well covered by the offers, just not at the current price rate. I'm currently planning to cancel the server I've had for over a year after I move my data off of it.

Anyway... for new offers, higher storage capabilities in the Essential line (OP-, E3-, or SYS- lines) would be great. And paying with cryptocurrencies would also be great. I've appreciated the move SYS seems to have made to indefinitely suspend setup fees.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@fxf said:
    As far as I can tell there was no explanation of the price increase, and certainly while none is owed, it would be appreciated.

They sent an e-mail a little while back about the price increases, I remember getting two separate ones. If you didn't have an active server at the time that's probably why.

Thanked by 1fxf
  • WHTWHT Member
    edited December 2017

Last year I have missed 4x2tb for €45 (or €48) RECURRING. This one was great but was soldout faster.

Thanked by 2Junkless wokenwoll
  • @fxf said:
    Thanks for making this thread, first of all.

Erm, I noticed that SoYouStart has increased prices of all servers by $6-8/mo, can you plainly undo that? As far as I can tell there was no explanation of the price increase, and certainly while none is owed, it would be appreciated.

My own use cases, mostly storage related, are pretty well covered by the offers, just not at the current price rate. I'm currently planning to cancel the server I've had for over a year after I move my data off of it.

Anyway... for new offers, higher storage capabilities in the Essential line (OP-, E3-, or SYS- lines) would be great. And paying with cryptocurrencies would also be great. I've appreciated the move SYS seems to have made to indefinitely suspend setup fees.

I think this was due to ddos protection

Thanked by 1fxf
  • hmmm, will OVH have xmas discounts?

• More then 2 Drives , like 4x 1Tb or 4 x 2Tb .
    in my opinion cpu and ram is fine for the price lacks in drives.

• Need Recurring discount!

• The network is very hit or miss in my opinion, and more so on the kimsufi line. Not on a client-basis (peering) but on a server-basis (some misconfiguration on your end). It took support about 70 tickets (32 replies by me, 38 by support) over a course of 2 months to fix it. When they finally found (and fixed) the issue, it was something on their side. Yet I had to ticket in again for my secondary server.

Would it be an option to just enable whatever fix applied in ticket #1077717219 (kimsufi) to any and all services you offer?

• 1$ dedis.

Thanked by 2WebProject MrH
  • lionlion Member
    edited December 2017

More and cheaper storaageeeeee

Thanked by 1fxf
  • Bigger disks (3TB +) disks made available with the higher CPU plans; 2TB platters ain’t enough for no man, no more.

Thanked by 3svmo fxf wokenwoll
  • I'm looking for bigger discs + vrack + usb stick so i can build a "cheap" proxmox cluster :)

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • KVM over IP.

• @Iam said:
    KVM over IP.

I second this, paying more than the monthly cost in some cases for 24 hour KVM access sucks. This should be complimentary

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2017

haha, I think most missing from OVH is:

1) support after 6pm

2) support team with some IT experience and some basic knowledge of networking and IPs

3) more than 2 hard drive

4) hardware raid

5) the same price in any datacenter location, don't need to specific to location as right now you get less options outside of FR and cost more!

6) loyalty discounts

7) remove some stupid prices like for KVM over IP - £151.20 for 7 days, are just stupid? Everywhere its free with dedicated server, example: hetzner.de (ok, its called VNC-Installation but exactly the same function!)

8) Anti-DDoS Pro should include all layer of protection otherwise it's not Pro it's just basic protection with some 2 - 3 tweaks extra and nothing more.

• AnaajkskAnaajksk Member
    edited December 2017

no recurring discount . no kvm over ip for free.

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • Two chicks at the same time.

edited December 2017

@WSS said:
    Two chicks at the same time.

Your normal comment is: Dicks ;)

• cuhaoscuhaos Member
    edited December 2017

Recurring discount code or discounts on long terms.

vRack would be nice

Crypto payment would be nice (not only Bitcoin, fees are too high) BTC, LTC, ETH, XMR

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • @WebProject said:

@WSS said:
    Two chicks at the same time.

Your normal comment is: Dicks ;)

This present is for me.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • Higher guaranteed BW even if a Paid add on.

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • Recurring recurring recurring discunts. Stop asking me to verify my shit. Not going to send you or anyone my stuffs. It's my stuffs and if the Corps think I am real why don't you guys?

• It would be nice to have ability to choose certain datacenter during order. Personally I prefer to have my server in SBG but everytime I order new server I get it in RBX.

@marson said:
    It would be nice to have ability to choose certain datacenter during order. Personally I prefer to have my server in SBG but everytime I order new server I get it in RBX.

Haha, My personal choice is RBX as it seems to me better connectivity than other DCs in FR.

• @Iam said:
    KVM over IP.

This! If SYS offered KVM over IP with their servers I would feel a lot more comfortable with moving some stuff to an SYS server. Most of my dedis in the price range of a SYS server come with KVM over IP.

Thanked by 1Iam
  • Yes, more than two dicks disks would be awesome. And I'm not talking about those shitty 3x120GB servers.

• Higher ip limit on ovh ssd servers! I need more vhosts for my ZNCs. xD

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • Raid 10

Thanked by 1wokenwoll