Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[mrVM] - Norway outage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[mrVM] - Norway outage

mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Thought I should post here as well. The server in Norway has had recent problems with lockups and the only way to get it online again was a hard reset.

At 00:53 CET today it crashed again and at 03:35 CET it was declared dead and a ticket for hardware replacement was opened.

Current status: Waiting for DC Techs to replace it.
Ongoing updates will be posted on the Lowendspirit forum. http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?id=3409.

I will try to answer all questions but my priority is to get it back online as soon as possible

Comments

• So, how are you feeling about Norway right now?

• @WSS said:
    So, how are you feeling about Norway right now?

Norway = No way

Overpriced country.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:

Desktop hardware, what to expect?
    If the problems persists, I’ll drop it like a hot potato.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @mikho said:

@WSS said:

If the problems persists, I’ll drop it like a hot potato.

I meant more of the data center itself. I'd question such a smoking hot deal on something which may have possibly been known to have issues.

@WSS said:

@mikho said:

@WSS said:

If the problems persist, I’ll drop it like a hot potato.

I meant more of the data center itself. I'd question such a smoking hot deal on something which may have possibly been known to have issues.

Too early to say, from the photos of their datacenter it looks really small.
    I have no issues with a small datacenter if the hardware works. I am aware that it will be hard to get physical assistance on a weekend.

It all boils down to how often I need the support, so far they have answered quickly and been willing to help as much as possible.

If I can go a month or two without issues I'll keep it, if I have to put in this much time as I already have it's not worth it.

• Good luck. It honestly looks to me like they were offering a deal from some leftover Hardware that they forgot had problems. As long as they make it right, be nice to have a node in Norway. :-)

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

@WSS said:
    Good luck. It honestly looks to me like they were offering a deal from some leftover Hardware that they forgot had problems. As long as they make it right, be nice to have a node in Norway. :-)

I figured that this is "my rack".

The thing that annoys me the most about this, is that I've had to hold back on the KVM with IPv4 launch I planned.
    another month where I have to pay for an unused server instead of getting it ready.

• That data center is one vacuum cleaner away from blowing everything.

Thanked by 2Clouvider mikho
  • @WSS said:
    ... one vacuum cleaner away from blowing everything.

Well that sure would suck.

also ... phrasing?

Don’t know what they can add to this topic. They have done nothing wrong and I’m only unfortunate to have a bad server.

I say again, they have responded quickly and properly to the tickets I’ve opened and also given suggestions on how to move forward.

If the new hardware works as expected I will keep them in mind if an expansion in Norway would happen.

• @mikho said:

Don’t know what they can add to this topic. They have done nothing wrong and I’m only unfortunate to have a bad server.

I say again, they have responded quickly and properly to the tickets I’ve opened and also given suggestions on how to move forward.

If the new hardware works as expected I will keep them in mind if an expansion in Norway would happen.

If you are looking to expand you could also PM me and I'll see if I can work something out. We're not the cheapest (and will never try to be), but we perform quite well.

@WSS What do you need? ;)

PS: I hate myself for even saying this as we are not a provider here and never will be, but why not try and help out when I can.

• Well you are talking about them (not in a bad way), but I don't think that it would be a bad idea to inform them about this topic.

Hope your box will be up asap.

@daffy said:

@mikho said:

If you are looking to expand you could also PM me and I'll see if I can work something out. We're not the cheapest (and will never try to be), but we perform quite well.

@WSS What do you need? ;)

PS: I hate myself for even saying this as we are not a provider here and never will be, but why not try and help out when I can.

Feel free to PM me more info about yourself and what you have in mind.

There’s a time for everything. :)

@quick said:
    Well you are talking about them (not in a bad way), but I don't think that it would be a bad idea to inform them about this topic.

I’m sure I will have my hands full all night. :)

• quickquick Member
    edited December 2017

@mikho said:

@quick said:
    Well you are talking about them (not in a bad way), but I don't think that it would be a bad idea to inform them about this topic.

@WSS what does he mean?

• I have no idea what the hell any of you are on about.

• @mikho Sure, will write something up later. Norwegian OK or would you prefer english? :p

@quick said:

@mikho said:

@quick said:

@WSS what does he mean?

Not sure why you dragged @WSS into this?

I was referring to my installing/configuring the server so I can get all customers back up and running asap.

@daffy said:
    @mikho Sure, will write something up later. Norwegian OK or would you prefer english? :p

Norwegian ok, as long as you accept answers in Swedish. ;)

Thanked by 1daffy
  • Just for the record I have been with @terrahost for some years, and never have any downtime.. not a dedi, but vps. They are a small team (3 ppl + 2 dogs), but how many does one need to run a (small) DC? :)

• @noen said:
    Just for the record I have been with @terrahost for some years, and never have any downtime.. not a dedi, but vps. They are a small team (3 ppl + 2 dogs), but how many does one need to run a (small) DC? :)

At least 5 dogs.

• @WSS said:

@noen said:
    Just for the record I have been with @terrahost for some years, and never have any downtime.. not a dedi, but vps. They are a small team (3 ppl + 2 dogs), but how many does one need to run a (small) DC? :)

At least 5 dogs.

I know for a fact that there are some kennels in Sandefjord, so shouldn't be any problems getting temps if needed!

• @mikho said:

@WSS said:

Well, the only thing i know to expect for desktop hardware is one dead fan which got replaced in ~30min and a dead disk (<10min) in like 10 years but then this was Hetzner.

data quick update:
    user data being migrated, waiting for that last to complete, then some network tests before we are good to go again.

• @mikho - I live around 20 KM from Terrahost's DC in Sandefjord, so next time you have issues, just send me :D :D

@myhken said:
    @mikho - I live around 20 KM from Terrahost's DC in Sandefjord, so next time you have issues, just send me :D :D

Doubt you would have solved it faster then they did. :)

Thanked by 1myhken