Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket

1111213141517»

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

Arirang said: What should I do?

Can you access the VPS? If not, chargeback.

• @Lee said:

Arirang said: What should I do?

Can you access the VPS? If not, chargeback.

I can't access my VPS as well. But I can wait for the next year to come if they tell me anything about my refund request. I will charge back if nothing happens the next year.

• LeeLee Veteran

Arirang said: I can't access my VPS as well. But I can wait for the next year to come if they tell me anything about my refund request. I will charge back if nothing happens the next year.

If they have blocked you either as an individual or country and your service has been cancelled there is no point in waiting until next year, they will not refund you.

• Does the 1-4 weeks kill potential for dispute with paypal in some countries?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Like a true media outlet. Selling a story @raindog308 :P

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

MCHPhil said: Does the 1-4 weeks kill potential for dispute with paypal in some countries?

I don't think so, I think it is 180 days globally now for digital services, which will be why he was hoping to move everyone to ramnet for 6 months for free so no one could dispute it afterward when ramnet send the renewal invoice.

• @AnthonySmith said:

MCHPhil said: Does the 1-4 weeks kill potential for dispute with paypal in some countries?

I don't think so, I think it is 180 days globally now for digital services, which will be why he was hoping to move everyone to ramnet for 6 months for free so no one could dispute it afterward when ramnet send the renewal invoice.

Depending on PayPal's whims, people can dispute months in the future for tangible items, too. I once got stuck paying return shipping and refund for a return after someone used a brand new convection oven for 4 months and decided it wasn't working well enough.

That was the last time I sold anything through eBay or have done more than pay for hosting with PayPal. They're on my shitlist along with Amazon (on a need-only basis).

• why wait 1-4 weeks to do the refund if you can't provide service as promised?

paypal loan IMO

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Clouvider said:
    Like a true media outlet. Selling a story @raindog308 :P

I’m paid by the web hit.

“ONE WEIRD TRICK to get a ServerHand refund...”

“You WON’T believe what they said in this thread about ServerHand...”

“The One Brand That You Should NEVER Buy is...”

• @raindog308 said:
    I’m paid by the web hit.

"9 out of 10 server hands recommend black friday"

• deankdeank Member, Troll

More like sever hands.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • Now that the dust has settled a bit, has anybody received a refund yet? No expectations, just curious.

And before I forget, the website is back up.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @bitswitch said:
    Now that the dust has settled a bit, has anybody received a refund yet? No expectations, just curious.

And before I forget, the website is back up.

If we didn't know better, it would look like everything is back to normal.

I became a RAM Host refugee, so I can't say anything about refunds. But it would be good to know.

• @bitswitch said:

@angstrom said:
    Frankly, at this critical moment when the very life of one's company is at stake, why re-style the web site?

Agreed, but as long as the issues at hand get resolved (as @JoeMerit asked earlier) its up to him whether he finds the time to restyle it. The important bit is, have all customers received the refund notification and been refunded?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

angstrom said: I became a RAM Host refugee, so I can't say anything about refunds. But it would be good to know.

As far as I'm aware taking up the refugee offer didn't negate the need for you to receive a refund. It was goodwill on RAM Host's part.

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2018

@trewq

Dustin (ServerHand) didn't plan to refund refugees when I asked him on discord.

• @trewq said:

angstrom said: I became a RAM Host refugee, so I can't say anything about refunds. But it would be good to know.

As far as I'm aware taking up the refugee offer didn't negate the need for you to receive a refund. It was goodwill on RAM Host's part.

Now that I reread @ramnet's refugee offer, https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2560957/#Comment_2560957 , you're right that strictly speaking, there's no statement to the effect that someone who accepts the refugee offer thereby negates his/her refund from ServerHand.

Nevertheless, this is how I (and I suspect others) understood @ramnet's offer, because otherwise I didn't see the point of adding condition 2, namely, "You must not have already been refunded by ServerHand." I mean, if acceptance of @ramnet's refugee offer doesn't negate the need for a refund from ServerHand, then why make not having received a refund a condition of the refugee offer? It would make no sense.

In other words, I understood that @ramnet was trying to help ServerHand financially by relieving a little of their refund burden.

However, you're right that @ramnet's text doesn't strict speaking say that one thereby forfeits a refund from ServerHand.

As far as I'm concerned, I understood that I forfeited a refund from ServerHand, which is okay. I've moved on.

Thanked by 1mksh
  • @angstrom said:

@trewq said:

Now that I reread @ramnet's refugee offer, https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2560957/#Comment_2560957 , you're right that strictly speaking, there's no statement to the effect that someone who accepts the refugee offer thereby negates his/her refund from ServerHand.

Nevertheless, this is how I (and I suspect others) understood @ramnet's offer, because otherwise I didn't see the point of adding condition 2, namely, "You must not have already been refunded by ServerHand." I mean, if acceptance of @ramnet's refugee offer doesn't negate the need for a refund from ServerHand, then why make not having received a refund a condition of the refugee offer? It would make no sense.

In other words, I understood that @ramnet was trying to help ServerHand financially by relieving a little of their refund burden.

However, you're right that @ramnet's text doesn't strict speaking say that one thereby forfeits a refund from ServerHand.

As far as I'm concerned, I understood that I forfeited a refund from ServerHand, which is okay. I've moved on.

It think it was even explicitly stated somewhere but i am not going to reread 10 pages just to find the comment. Even if not that's how i understood it too besides i have a hard time believing anyone is going to get a refund anyways unless forced by paypal forfeited or not.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep

The intent of the refugee offer was that if you had already been compensated by ServerHand then you wouldn't be eligible to enroll for free service from me. In other words, you were only eligible for my refugee offer if ServerHand had failed to refund you at the time you had signed up with me. It did not mean that I would revoke your service after the fact if ServerHand eventually did refund you, or anything like that.

Furthermore, since the ServerHand situation has continued to deteriorate since my earlier offer, my refugee offer will be extended for the time being if anyone is interested, rather than having expired already as the original offer stated.

Thanked by 3angstrom adly LjL
  • @ramnet said:
    The intent of the refugee offer was that if you had already been compensated by ServerHand then you wouldn't be eligible to enroll for free service from me. In other words, you were only eligible for my refugee offer if ServerHand had failed to refund you at the time you had signed up with me. It did not mean that I would revoke your service after the fact if ServerHand eventually did refund you, or anything like that.

Furthermore, since the ServerHand situation has continued to deteriorate since my earlier offer, my refugee offer will be extended for the time being if anyone is interested, rather than having expired already as the original offer stated.

Thanks for the clarification.

Nevertheless, I suspect that ServerHand also understood your offer in the way that I and others did, namely, that acceptance of your offer means forfeiting a refund from ServerHand.

Anyway, it's 2018 now, I've left ServerHand behind and now have a service with you.

• @angstrom said:

@ramnet said:

Thanks for the clarification.

Nevertheless, I suspect that ServerHand also understood your offer in the way that I and others did, namely, that acceptance of your offer means forfeiting a refund from ServerHand.

Anyway, it's 2018 now, I've left ServerHand behind and now have a service with you.

That's ridiculous why would his offer have anything to do with serverhands financial obligation to refund users?

• WSSWSS Member

@sureiam said:
    That's ridiculous why would his offer have anything to do with serverhands financial obligation to refund users?

You must be new to this thread.

• HarzemHarzem Member
    edited January 2018

sureiam said: That's ridiculous why would his offer have anything to do with serverhands financial obligation to refund users?

How is that ridiculous? When you book a hotel, but that hotel goes out of business but makes an agreement with (obivously better) another hotel to transfer your booking to them so you can enjoy your vacation, does the first hotel also have to refund you? If you take the refund, you forfeit your right to get the free transfer offer.

Serverhand fucked up big time but you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you take a refugee offer, that was meant to help Serverhand's financial issues, you pretty much agree that you are transferring your hosting to the new one so you don't miss the money you lost.

• XeiXei Member

@WSS said:
    Welcome to LET! Now learn how to block billing for specific countries and VPNs.

Out of curiosity what countries would you block billing for?

Thanked by 1404error
  • adlyadly Veteran

@Xei said:

@WSS said:

The ones that have high fraud statistics; typically this includes China in this industry.

• Iran is a good country to block too if your country has laws specifically outlawing doing business with that country. (not a debate, just a point about how the government can tell you who to do business with)

• WSSWSS Member

@Xei said:

@WSS said:

Everything except greater Europe, the US, and Canada for credit cards. There's always Buttcoins.

• sureiamsureiam Member
    edited January 2018

@Harzem said:

sureiam said: That's ridiculous why would his offer have anything to do with serverhands financial obligation to refund users?

How is that ridiculous? When you book a hotel, but that hotel goes out of business but makes an agreement with (obivously better) another hotel to transfer your booking to them so you can enjoy your vacation, does the first hotel also have to refund you? If you take the refund, you forfeit your right to get the free transfer offer.

Serverhand fucked up big time but you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you take a refugee offer, that was meant to help Serverhand's financial issues, you pretty much agree that you are transferring your hosting to the new one so you don't miss the money you lost.

I was under the assumption that it was for only 3-6 months not the full year

• @sureiam said:

@Harzem said:

I was under the assumption that it was for only 3-6 months not the full year

There were a number of people that interpreted @ramnet's refugee offer in the way that I did, including @ServerHand himself (so it seems). Good for you if didn't interpreted @ramnet's refugee offer in this way, but it would have been more helpful for you to have said something weeks ago when @ramnet first made his offer rather than now. And are you personally concerned by any of this, or are you just a spectator who happened to stumble into this thread?