Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket

Comments

• @Neoon said:

@Nekki said:

@Neoon said:
    Well, we know this guy from #Lowendbox IRC on FreeNode, he was not trustworthy before.
    I did kinda see it comming but not so fast.

Is there a previous hosting company in the shitter too?

No idea, he is on #Lowendbox for a while, he was never trustworthy to me.

Ah, you made it sound like there was a previous issue, not just that you thought he might be shady.

Words are important.

• edited December 2017

Not sure why I was tagged here? Should I inform the community about your unethical billing-related practices?

@ Providers TL;DR and long story short - beware of any dealings with ServerHand, and do not custom order any hardware for him...

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2017

QuadraNet_Adam said: Not sure why I was tagged here? Should I inform the community about your unethical billing-related practices?

Wow, thats not even just a burn, that's a deep cut then a burn...

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@QuadraNet_Adam said:

Not sure why I was tagged here? Should I inform the community about your unethical billing-related practices?

@ Providers TL;DR and long story short - beware of any dealings with ServerHand, and do not custom order any hardware for him...

I must say I’m not surprised.

• LeeLee Veteran

I did wonder why he tagged @QuadraNet_Adam early in the thread.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • mkshmksh Member
    edited December 2017

@Lee said:
    I did wonder why he tagged @QuadraNet_Adam early in the thread.

Look at:

@ServerHand said:
    I obviously cannot sustain that. My plan was to move everyone to the large server but I was, quite frankly, overcharged for the server. I'll be addressing that with the server provider soon enough.

Maybe he seriously thought they'd cut him a deal.

@QuadraNet_Adam said:

How this ties into the picture is up to everyones own interpretation.

Thanked by 2Falzo klikli
  • @mksh said:
    How this ties into the picture is up to everyones own interpretation.

I slowly start to feel sorry for the guy :).

• ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep

Howdy all.

I am in close talks with the owner of ServerHand. He is a good guy, he has however made some bad decisions, and unfortunately it has negatively affected the community.

An announcement may be coming soon regarding a solution for the community.

Thanked by 3MikePT brueggus klikli
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

XFS_Duke Buys GVH, The Sequel: DRAMASTIC

• HungryHandVM

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2017

@ramnet said:
    Howdy all.

I am in close talks with the owner of ServerHand. He is a good guy, he has however made some bad decisions, and unfortunately it has negatively affected the community.

@ramnet to save the customers.

@QuadraNet_Adam said:

Current or soon to be ex provider, you attitude towards this guy wasnt correct either. Plus you havent been straight to the point, just getting the situation even worse.

While SH guy clearly handled this wrong, because he could have just refunded everyone the next day, he is NOT a bad guy like people picture him. And definitely not a scammer like many scumbags we seen here. He was very upfront admitting he messed up but lacks the budget to refund everyone. Yeah he made a mistake not to refund before activating orders or after activating those, but that doesnt mean he wants to run away. Anyway @ramnet is here to save the day and they will most likely merge these affected customers.

Btw I do not see this happen with other providers that made false promises and were unable to deliver. Maybe you guys should find another target. Why are you still hitting the dead horse? Enough is enough. Let the guy get some fresh air.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • How is ramhost going to help ? I dont really see him taking $10/yr unsustainable stuff.

Howdy all.

I am here today to make everybody that has been impacted by ServerHand the following migration offer:

You can signup at http://TinyKVM.com with promo code SERVERHAND and receive 6 months of our TinyKVM VPS service absolutely free, with renewal at our usual $15/year rate.

Conditions of offer:

1) You must have been a ServerHand customer with account in good standing 24 hours before this offer was posted here.

2) You must not have already been refunded by ServerHand.

3) You must be a Lowend ServerHand customer. That means the service you have with ServerHand is equivalent to our annual pay TinyKVM service.

4) This is not a migration offer, this is an offer for new service. You would need to setup a fresh OS install and move any data over yourself.

5) Usual fraud screening rules apply. If you scammed ServerHand and directly caused this situation I don't want you either.

6) This offer expires either when we run out of spare capacity or 2 weeks from now, whichever comes first.

This will be provided at our locations in Atlanta or Los Angeles, you may request a particular location after you signup via support ticket however a particular location cannot be guaranteed.

Please note, that all signups received will be verified with the owner of ServerHand to confirm that you were in fact affected and that you have not been refunded by ServerHand. Please do not waste my time or yours trying to sign up for this if you are not qualified for this offer.

Who am I?

I am the owner of TinyKVM and RamHost, which has been providing a good service to the LET/LEB community since 2009 and has been voted best Lowendbox provider multiple times by the community.

I am not going to be compensated by ServerHand at all for this offer, and this is not an announcement that RamHost / TinyKVM is taking over ServerHand's business or operations.
    It is my understanding that ServerHand will continue providing service for most if not all of their more upscale customers, and this offer is to provide a path for ServerHand low end customers.

Also, unofficially, based on Quadranet's statements on this forum, if you have service with ServerHand at Quadranet, you should be making backups now, since it sounds to me like Quadranet may pull the plug any minute now.

Also, if you are a ServerHand customer who had a different kind of service from them on a month to month or quarterly basis, and you have been impacted, please PM me and I'll work something out for you.

• @JoeMerit said:
    How is ramhost going to help ? I dont really see him taking $10/yr unsustainable stuff.

By making an announcement regarding a solution for the community. Isn't that obvious?

• mksh said: By making an announcement regarding a solution for the community. Isn't that obvious?

Totally! he's going to love these customers.

• I loved my TinyKVM. It was spiffydoodle.

• shengsheng Member
    edited December 2017

@ServerHand said:

@sheng said:
    Received an email today which provides with a form link to get refunded.
    Have submitted that form and wait for getting refunded.
    Don't know how long will it take.

I'm not wanting to terminate your service if you are a LET member. Please submit a ticket and I'll mark you down on the spreadsheet if you still want to keep the year. I'll be resetting everyone's service date in the next phase for all the headache the past few weeks have been.

Forgot to mention, if you still want a refund, they will be processed as accounts are terminated tomorrow.

Until now I have not received a refund, my vps is still alive and the account has not been terminated.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

Sorry, but how does a new vps with a new company and only getting 6 months of a 12 month plan already paid for resolve the situation, this is just getting more bizarre?

Edit: or is this just a refugee offer generally because serverhand is about to collapse, if anything this would make me double nervous if I was a customer generally, sounds like people need to be making plans in all locations and doing what they can to recover what they have paid if server shutdowns are imminent ?

• No chinese buyer to buy, is your loss,
    You take one's undeserved gain for granted.

edited December 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    Edit: or is this just a refugee offer generally

It is a refugee offer. As stated, I'm not being compensated in any way whatsoever, this is merely a gesture of goodwill for the community, rather than the alternative of people getting nothing at all. I still expect people will chargeback ServerHand etc as the service disruptions start happening in earnest.

It is my understanding that ServerHand isn't shutting down completely, but as they announced themselves already, the Lowend servers are going away soon.

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ramnet said: Howdy all.

Ok, that ^ just made it sound like you were more involved in an official take over capacity.

They may well be exiting the low end market, but let us be honest they are not exactly thriving on high end either nor do they offer high-end services so I will stick to my 'within 90 days' prediction.

They won't be keeping anyone's services live by the sound of it when quadranet shuts them down. "at any moment"

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
    edited December 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    Ok, that ^ just made it sound like you were more involved in an official take over capacity.

My only official connection is I can verify who was a ServerHand customer and thus who qualifies for the refugee offer.

If ServerHand degrades further and ends up shutting down entirely, I may become more involved in the future concerning their higher end clients that have better revenue potential. I have a good relationship with the owner of ServerHand and we speak regularly.

Also, Quadranet is not the only place ServerHand buys service from, just fyi.

• bitswitchbitswitch Member
    edited December 2017

@MikePT said:
    And definitely not a scammer like many scumbags we seen here.

His intentions might have been different, but if people neither get the service nor their money the bottom line is the same.

He was very upfront admitting he messed up but lacks the budget to refund everyone. Yeah he made a mistake not to refund before activating orders or after activating those, but that doesnt mean he wants to run away.

"Upfront" is not the adjective I'd think of in this context. He was very defensive and evasive, a lot of questions were deliberately ignored.

Anyway @ramnet is here to save the day and they will most likely merge these affected customers.

That is yet to been seen. So far it is mostly a refugee offer.

Btw I do not see this happen with other providers that made false promises and were unable to deliver.

The same rules should apply to them of course as well.

• @ramnet: Nice to see you around here again -- you were gone for quite a while.

(While I don't doubt "Repeatedly Voted Best LowEndBox Provider", that was really quite a while ago, and RAM Host hasn't even been visible in the polls over the last several years, which you may want to keep in mind. Not that I doubt the quality of your services, but the designation "Repeatedly Voted Best LowEndBox Provider" may appear a little passé now.)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Offer made without a provider tag. Classy. Full disregard for the rules.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Clouvider said: Offer made without a provider tag. Classy. Full disregard for the rules.

Did you even bother to check his profile? He joined LET in 2011. Four years before you! His first offer in "offers" section was in October 2011 and the last one in March 2013. That's way before anyone ever heard of you!

Clouvider scolding someone he don't know, to make himself look better. Classy.

Thanked by 2uptime 404error
  • bitswitchbitswitch Member
    edited December 2017

@MrPsycho said:
    Did you even bother to check his profile? He joined LET in 2011. Four years before you! His first offer in "offers" section was in October 2011 and the last one in March 2013. That's way before anyone ever heard of you!

Any this is how relevant? Last time I checked people werent exempt from rules based on when they might have registered their account.

Thanked by 2Clouvider maverickp
  • @bitswitch said:

@MrPsycho said:

Any this is how relevant? Last time I checked people werent exempt from rules based on when they might have registered their account.

The rules state that you need to have a provider tag to post in the Offers category. This is not the offers category, so he can post here without breaking the rules.

Then again, it's been common practice to not buy from people without a provider tag, as they lack a reputation on LET. With a provider as old as ramne I don't see such a problem, but to each his own.

Remember that serverhand had a provider tag, yet look and see what happened.

Thanked by 2MikePT WSS
  • MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited December 2017

bitswitch said: Last time I checked people werent exempt from rules based on when they might have registered their account.

Oh God. Srysly? Show me the rule that forbids @ramnet to offer anything in general discussion. Here is a @raindog308 statement on that: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2529790/#Comment_2529790

Does @ramnet need a provider tag to post an offer in a discussion? No.
    Does @ramnet need a provider tag to post A REFUGEE offer in a discussion? Hell no!

What @Clouvider does? He shits on @ramnet that he has no provider tag!

Imagine that; A guy is giving out food in a poor region. What do you do? Do you throw shit at him?

Imagine that; A dietician is helping fat people for free. What do you do? Do you shit on that dietician?

Imagine that; A guy is longer in the business and is giving out a free service for refugees! What do you do? Do you use an argument that totally makes no sense to shit on him and boost your own ego? That's some mad mentality!

Imagine that; You are a combatant. You lost a leg. You're on a bus with no more seats. ...and there is a sitting kiddo with his backpack on a second seat. You ask him to take his backpack, so you can sit. ...and all he does is laughs at you... See? That's how @ramnet is feeling right now.

...and you know what? You are a damn hypocrite, because you were the first one to notice that @Cloudiver is bashing providers to make himself look better.
    Remeber this? https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2463791/#Comment_2463791
    ...or this? https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2464193/#Comment_2464193

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2017

bitswitch said: Any this is how relevant? Last time I checked people werent exempt from rules based on when they might have registered their account.

He basically has a provider tag even if he joined years before there ever was one. I'm sure we're all in agreement that he does get a pass until a mod can properly set the usergroup for him.