Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup BlackFriday deal returns. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup BlackFriday deal returns.

Comments

• @pike said:

@angstrom said:
    I understand your disappointment, but it was a sale item, limited in number, they never said that everyone would be able to get one.

They said they would restock at 12 and 18. They didn't or the stock was that small it was gone in <1min...

I can't say what happened, but some people did manage nevertheless.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

pike said: Yeah me today

Truth be told, you're probably getting a similar performance to the the same-priced RS 500 SAS with the same 3 monate billing period — plus, you're getting more space with the RS, and uncrippled vCPUs too

at least, as long as die-hard cryptocurrency businessmen keep hammering those nodes

your signature reminds me that it could make more sense to consolidate into a small dedi @ hetzner's auctions rather than throwing monies at random boxes

time for sum shopping I guess

• @WSS said:
    You're not really missing anything- they're highly pointless.

No, I have some SEO thingy that they offered me to do once I get a VPS or RS from them. This alone would be reason enough for me to give them a try.

• I'd suspect them to come up with some kind of RS500 special short before christmas as they did something similar last year and sold old quickly...

Thanked by 2pike mfs
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited December 2017

@Falzo said:
    I'd suspect them to come up with some kind of RS500 special short before christmas as they did something similar last year and sold old quickly...

Yeah I'm gonna set up auto-buy script with 1k proxys then. I beat the shit out of their website to get my box. Thanks for the hint anyway.

• @pike said:

@Falzo said:
    I'd suspect them to come up with some kind of RS500 special short before christmas as they did something similar last year and sold old quickly...

Yeah I'm gonna set up auto-buy script with 1k proxys then. I beat the shit out of their website to get my box. Thanks for the hint anyway.

best chance is to wait till midnight and check... if it's something good, for sure someone will also tell here ;-)

today most likely it's not worth waiting, I think next thing would be another domain or WH offer... also we haven't seen 'Johann' so far.

Thanked by 1pike
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited December 2017

pike said: I'm gonna set up auto-buy script

Imho it's enough to set your alarm at 00:00 CET, between midnight and at least 00:30 you're fairly sure to get your box

at least, that's how I got all of those sonderrabatt boxes

EDIT: Falzo'd again

btw now I'll have to check if they'll sell some RS500..

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Falzo said:

My wallet is ready

• mfs said: btw now I'll have to check if they'll sell some RS500..

that's the one from last year, RS at 3,49€ is quite cheap, 1 core only though ;-) has been door 22.

but they also announced to have some kind of charity offer on one of the last days where you have to spend some money to charity and get something a year for free or similar.

furthermore I expect to see an S1000 offer, they had one last year and during easter sale... we still have 12 days left ^^

• Anyone mining crypto (Monero, etc..) on netcup kvm vps's?

• @nqservices said:
    Anyone mining crypto (Monero, etc..) on netcup kvm vps's?

I certainly hope not on my vServer node!

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited December 2017

@Saragoldfarb Stop trying to steal my Christmas monies dammit!

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • @angstrom said:

@WSS said:
    You're not really missing anything- they're highly pointless.

Says the guy who never buys discounted KVMs.

RootServer > vServer > not SolusVM managed KVMs > most SolusVM managed KVM packages

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

nqservices said: mining

shoo shoo

Falzo said: RS at 3,49€

my wallet is moist in anticipation

• @mfs said:

shoo shoo

You sure that's your wallet?

• @AuroraZ said:

@mfs said:

shoo shoo

You sure that's your wallet?

He said "moist", not "dribbling".

• nqservices said: Anyone mining crypto (Monero, etc..) on netcup kvm vps's?

Go away.

Thanked by 2WSS vinter
  • @FredQc said:

nqservices said: Anyone mining crypto (Monero, etc..) on netcup kvm vps's?

Go away.

I like your hat. Signed.

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

WSS said: He

Uh–oh! It seems someone is assuming someone else' gender jk

Anyway, the new offer is

Adv17 RS 4000 Plus

32 GB DDR4 ECC RAM

12 dediziert prozessorkerne

4x600 GB SAS RAID10

29.99 €/monate

• @mfs said:

WSS said: He

Uh–oh! It seems someone is assuming someone else' gender jk

Let's rootServer baby.

• @AuroraZ said:

I know the feeling. Got one on BF and picked up another one today. Let's hope they don't come up with an insane root server this month as I'm left with an empty wallet after Christmas shopping past weekend.

• @Saragoldfarb said:

@AuroraZ said:

I know the feeling. Got one on BF and picked up another one today. Let's hope they don't come up with an insane root server this month as I'm left with an empty wallet after Christmas shopping past weekend.

I just hope you don't auction domains again this month. I would have grabbed a second one from you but was offline when auction ended. So stop making deals dammit!

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • The only thing keeping me away is a 64gb ram 95% idling Hetzner ex41s-ssd. Let's face it, I spread my legs for ram.

I've already found my sugar momma.

• @Yura said:

@lemon said:

@jezznar said:

@FredQc said:
    I have a smaller "Root server" and it perform better.

I actually cancelled my root server because it gets throttled and my plex wasn't performing well. At first it rocked so hard but after a day of utilizing it, the performance degraded heavily.
    Nonetheless, I would take it again in the future but not for transcoding-heavy apps.

i can confirm that, performance drops ~50% when using the "dedicated" cores 24/7 on 100%

It's demicated cores.

Really? What happened?

• @lemon said:

@jezznar said:

@FredQc said:

I actually cancelled my root server because it gets throttled and my plex wasn't performing well. At first it rocked so hard but after a day of utilizing it, the performance degraded heavily.
    Nonetheless, I would take it again in the future but not for transcoding-heavy apps.

i can confirm that, performance drops ~50% when using the "dedicated" cores 24/7 on 100%

Perhaps they meant to advertise them as decimated cores.

• @WSS said:

@lemon said:

@jezznar said:

@FredQc said:

Perhaps they meant to advertise them as decimated cores.

It's not good if it is real.

• they gave my vps info today.

their panel sucks... multiple logins and hard and language problem.

somehow i managed to get it to working and re-install with ubuntu 16.

but when i do df -h it shows me around 5GB only instead of 320GB.

do i need to run any extra commands ? or contact support?

PS: would be great, if someone could tell me how to change language in ubuntu to english... followed multiple guides but still some sections showing german.

Thanks.

• You don't understand what it said, and didn't read. The "default" partition only makes a root and leaves the rest up to you. Load up cfdisk/fdisk and partition the rest as you want it. Their panel takes some getting used to.

export LANG=en_US

• I may not be renewing my bf netcup rootserver unless I can find a use for it.

• @WSS said:
    You don't understand what it said, and didn't read. The "default" partition only makes a root and leaves the rest up to you. Load up cfdisk/fdisk and partition the rest as you want it. Their panel takes some getting used to.

Ok... can you tell how to make use of remaining space?

thanks