Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone has a Hetzner coupon to waive setup fees?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone has a Hetzner coupon to waive setup fees?

As title says, I'm looking into taking a piece of their dedis but I don't really like paying for setup fees. Does anybody here has any?

Comments

• There's no magical golden ticket for this ride.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • @WSS said:
    There's no magical golden ticket for this ride.

Oh. Hmmmm. Crossing my fingers that at least they'd waive the setup fees for their holiday offers there'd be any coming

• @jezznar said:

@WSS said:
    There's no magical golden ticket for this ride.

Oh. Hmmmm. Crossing my fingers that at least they'd waive the setup fees for their holiday offers there'd be any coming

Is the setup fee too high for summer hosts?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • You'll have to wait and see.

• Zerpy said: Is the setup fee too high for summer hosts?

Tbh, 100 Eur isn't that much but right now I'm finding alternatives to the Intel chips by benchmarking AMDs and finding the "right one" for me. For that purpose, I really don't want to pay the setup fee. Though I will still be using them after the benchmark definitely.

WSS said: You'll have to wait and see.

Crossing my fingers on that. THanks mate.

• LeeLee Veteran

Sometimes they will offer no set up, not often though and only on cheaper lines. You have 14 days to try out servers without cost to find the "right one", just don't abuse it or they will close the account.

Thanked by 1jezznar
  • jezznarjezznar Member
    edited December 2017

@Lee said:
    Sometimes they will offer no set up, not often though and only on cheaper lines. You have 14 days to try out servers without cost to find the "right one", just don't abuse it or they will close the account.

Really? Because if that's the case then I'm willing to go for it. Hmmm, I'll go and check thanks!

Edit: do you mean a 14-day money back?

• LeeLee Veteran

jezznar said: Edit: do you mean a 14-day money back?

No, when you take a server you have the use of it for 14 days before you are billed, as long as you cancel it before 14 days you will not be charged. Cancel it after then there are no refunds.

There have been a few comments in the past though that they will close your account if you abuse that and try too many servers for the 14 days and cancel them.

Don't be a dick rule applies I guess.

Thanked by 2jezznar Hetzner_OL
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2017

use their auction as servers without any setup fees:
    https://www.hetzner.com/sb

• WebProject said:

use their a[u]ction as servers without any setup fees

Those are older servers and OP wants to benchmark the new AMD stuff which isn't in the auction yet. There are Passmark numbers though (cpubenchmark.net), which are impressive. And some WHT hosts do offer Ryzens with no setup fee if that helps.

Thanked by 2WebProject jezznar
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

meh, benchmark junkies.

Thanked by 3WebProject WSS jezznar
  • @Lee said:

jezznar said: Edit: do you mean a 14-day money back?

No, when you take a server you have the use of it for 14 days before you are billed, as long as you cancel it before 14 days you will not be charged. Cancel it after then there are no refunds.

There have been a few comments in the past though that they will close your account if you abuse that and try too many servers for the 14 days and cancel them.

Don't be a dick rule applies I guess.

Alright mate that's very helpful. Thank you!

@WebProject said:
    use their auction as servers without any setup fees:
    https://www.hetzner.com/sb

Will check this out

@deank said:
    meh, benchmark junkies.

:) that's how I show love

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@ Lee - Thanks for helping to tell people about our 14-day policy. But some of the information your wrote is a bit off. Customers usually receive an invoice from us 1 day after their order is accepted. We DO charge for the first 14 days.

The only time these first 14 days are "free" is if a customer cancels their order before the first 14 days are finished. This "14-day cooling off period" is a common business practice in Germany. There is a legal distinction in Germany that does not translate well into English between cancelling an order in these first 14 days and between cancelling a service/product you have had for a longer time. This is why you need to click on "cancel order" not "cancel server" on our user interfaces if you choose to not keep your server within the first 14 days.

If you cancel your order within the first 14 days, your payment will be refunded and so will any setup fees that apply to your order.

@Lee - Thanks for your warning at the end of your post. This is very, very true.

This 14-day policy is based on European consumer laws meant to protect customers. Customers who abuse this policy will not be allowed to make new orders.

If you have questions about our products or our ordering process, you can always contact our product advice team via our website. We recommend doing this before you make an order that you think you might cancel. --Katie, Marketing

• @Hetzner_OL thank you for clearing things out. Appreciated

• @Hetzner_OL: How about cancelling server after a time of use? Eg. I have a server that I have paid to Dec-12. When I select cancel menu on the robot panel BEFORE Dec-12, it said that the earliest day that I can cancel is Dec-12 and I will not be charged for the next billing cycle. However, if I select cancel menu AFTER Dec-12, (Dec-15, for example), it will said that the earliest day that I can cancel the server is Dec-15. Will I have to pay the pro-rated fee for 3 day or I have to pay for the full cycle?

Thanks.

• levnode said: Will I have to pay the pro-rated fee for 3 day or I have to pay for the full cycle?

you only have to pay the pro-rated fee then.

long answer:

as you noticed you get a (single) monthly invoice paying upfront to a specific date which might differ and depend on each service you have in your account. that date in most cases will not match the invoice date.

so, there might be a gap between the renewal date and the next invoicing date, and during this time you can simply cancel from day to day and only pay the pro-rated amount which will be billed with your next invoice.

Thanked by 2ehab levnode
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi Falzo, Thanks for your answer. What you said is correct. You certainly know your stuff. :) There is also another situation that can arise if a customer pays for the server in advance, for example, for a year. The next possible cancellation date in this case would be the day after the renewal date. --Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 1Falzo