Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you like to see a managed hosting of for $5-$15/year?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What would you like to see a managed hosting of for $5-$15/year?

trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Hey everyone,

I've been thinking about diving into doing application managed hosting.

Gitlab and Gitlab runners would be first on the list anything else you'd like to see?

Comments

• Keeping your sanity past the first couple weeks.

Thanked by 4Junkless ehab yomero i83
  • Nvme ssd

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@WSS said:
    Keeping your sanity past the first couple weeks.

Service at this price would pretty much be that its up to date and working. Service fees would apply for customisation.

I get your point though ;)

• Having been in some businesses like that, I think you'll want to charge a heck of a lot more. You'll really have to muck deeply with the application software when something goes wrong and you get a support ticket "I'm losing millions!". That's unlike VPS hosting where your sole responsibility is keeping the machines running, and the software is the user's responsibility.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @willie Especially being based in Oz. For fuck's sake, they still have businesses that sell email sigfile HTML. It's a different world over there.

Thanked by 1willie
  • @WSS said:
    @willie Especially being based in Oz. For fuck's sake, they still have businesses that sell email sigfile HTML. It's a different world over there.

DAMN! I missed their BF deal, now have to pay the full price next year again :(

• @Yura said:

@WSS said:
    @willie Especially being based in Oz. For fuck's sake, they still have businesses that sell email sigfile HTML. It's a different world over there.

They shut down their web consulting firm to make HTML signatures. @trewq How about that? You can be drunk/stoned the entire time and still get paid!

• @WSS said:

@Yura said:

@WSS said:

They shut down their web consulting firm to make HTML signatures. @trewq How about that? You can be drunk/stoned the entire time and still get paid!

My next project is a Node app that adds 1px transparent border to any image uploaded. Yes, ANY image at all. But only transparent borders. We (it's we now, because it sounds more professional) don't want to diversify much and compete with Photoshop. We are laser sharp focused on success and our preliminary charts all show hockey sticks to the right!

Brb, applying for ycombinator

• jailshell is so important for me.

• @Yura said:

@WSS said:

@Yura said:

@WSS said:

My next project is a Node app that adds 1px transparent border to any image uploaded. Yes, ANY image at all. But only transparent borders. We (it's we now, because it sounds more professional) don't want to diversify much and compete with Photoshop. We are laser sharp focused on success and our preliminary charts all show hockey sticks to the right!

I have seen projects that offered less get funded for millions.

Thanked by 2Yura MasonR
  • @Farish said:

@Yura said:

@WSS said:

@Yura said:

@WSS said:

Thanks! Can I use your words as a testimonial on my MVP landing page? You will be our First Ambassador.

• I'm sorry, @trewq. I meant a playful jab at some "tech"nologies in Oz. I didn't intend this.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

OP will end up in a hospital, a mental hospital.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@deank said:
    OP will end up in a hospital, a mental hospital.

If he (and every other LET mod) isn't already a regular patient for having to deal with us cheeky fucks.

• Do i need to see this as a saas? (so shared server with multiple users?) or Dedicated instance with updates?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

How about CVS-as-a-service so when everyone checks in ASCII versions of pictures and blows away their entire site, they'll blame you for (their) being fucktarded? Or a CVS->SVN->GIT upgrade system?

• Debian

• @Yura said:

@Farish said:

@Yura said:

@WSS said:

@Yura said:

@WSS said:

Thanks! Can I use your words as a testimonial on my MVP landing page? You will be our First Ambassador.

Let me search my contract with the start up I work with. I am pretty sure I am only allowed to give food reviews on Yelp as part of the testimonials clause.

• $3