Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nocix vs Dedispec which one is more reliable ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nocix vs Dedispec which one is more reliable ?

I am going to buy a dedicated server and I want to know which one is more reliable NOCIX or DEDISPEC, in terms of service, support and no downtime. Anyone who is using or used their service please answer. If there is any better option then please let me know.

Comments

• I believe Dedispec datacenter is Nocix, so the service could be very similar.

• I use Nocix currently, have for quite some time and they are a good host for the price, incredibly good.

• I wouldn't say that they're reliable enough for serious production, but sure for projects and such!

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

@emgh said:
    I wouldn't say that they're reliable enough for serious production, but sure for projects and such!

I'll have you know that I do did my best emergency end-of-the-world work on a Core2Duo!

Edit: Did.

Thanked by 2ariq01 Neoon
  • @emgh said:
    I wouldn't say that they're reliable enough for serious production, but sure for projects and such!

Based on a few months experience with Dedispec, I would have to agree. Over 19 hours of downtime so far this month, and had an extended outage in October, too.

• Dedispec's price is a little bit higher than Nocix like $5-10, I heard other people said they are the same but I want to know is that true or not.

• @kkiskk said:
    Dedispec's price is a little bit higher than Nocix like $5-10, I heard other people said they are the same but I want to know is that true or not.

I’ve ordered from them in the past and they seems to be a Reseller as you can see the specs is very similar.

• @szarka said:

@emgh said:

Based on a few months experience with Dedispec, I would have to agree. Over 19 hours of downtime so far this month, and had an extended outage in October, too.

Which datacenter?

• edited December 2017

@CreatePrivateServer said:

@kkiskk said:
    Dedispec's price is a little bit higher than Nocix like $5-10, I heard other people said they are the same but I want to know is that true or not.

I’ve ordered from them in the past and they seems to be a Reseller as you can see the specs is very similar.

I'm pretty sure Dedispec is a NOCIX reseller for their KC location. I've noticed specs being very similar as well, and the last NOCIX power outage coincided with an outage for my Dedispec KC storage server.

Dedispec also has a presence in a West Virginia datacenter, which might be more reliable then NOCIX.

@nitingtodi If you're interested in a dedi in KC, another option is Joe's Datacenter. They're separate from NOCIX, and I haven't had any problems with them.

• One datacenter is Nocix and the other one is Reliable Hosting Services. It's in their website.

• Joe's Datacenter is good and stable,I used it two month.

• @flatland_spider said:
    @nitingtodi If you're interested in a dedi in KC, another option is Joe's Datacenter. They're separate from NOCIX, and I haven't had any problems with them.

Seconded. I can't really compare my two servers, since the one at Joe's is an Atom, but I can say that uptime has been 100% at Joe's over same time that I've seen two major outages at Dedispec. They're basically in the same location (Oak Tower, or nearby), as far as I can tell.

• @szarka said:

@flatland_spider said:

Seconded. I can't really compare my two servers, since the one at Joe's is an Atom, but I can say that uptime has been 100% at Joe's over same time that I've seen two major outages at Dedispec. They're basically in the same location (Oak Tower, or nearby), as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the shout out, @flatland_spider and @szarka.
    We used to be located in Oak Tower, but moved into our own facility, located at 1325 Tracy Ave, in the fall of 2013.

• I would go with dedispec just for this particular reason:

• Eh. Sexcore is an overrated genre.

• WSSWSS Member

@szarka said:
    Eh. Sexcore is an overrated genre.

RISCs are totally going to change the landscape..

• nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited January 2018

@chiezyy said:
    I would go with dedispec just for this particular reason:

That term was originated from DataShack (now NocIX) from long time ago. Need proof? Here :-)

P.S. They told SexCore, not HardCore or SisterCore (:lol:)

• WSSWSS Member

They're both decades too late.

Thanked by 1szarka
  • That reminds me of the only joke I know in German: Wie zählt ein Nun? Eins, zwei, drei, vier, fünf, ahem, sieben...

• Nocix is always sold out.

• edited January 2018

@chiezyy said:
    I would go with dedispec just for this particular reason:

I'll stick with dual Opterons. 2 processors, 4 cores at the same time. They aren't the fastest, but they get the job done cheaply. :)

• OK, I'm curious about this one. Is JoesDC unaffected by the usual network outage from WSI/Nocix/Dedispec?

• not sure, seems there is network outage now on Nocix and WSI

• Did a little research, they are not on the same facility since 2013. They seem to moved out of Oak Tower.

• I can vouch for @Dedispec, David is a very responsive support guy. Technical issues are well taken care of. Very much informative on needed stuff.

Thanked by 1Dedispec
  • @sanmax88 said:
    Did a little research, they are not on the same facility since 2013. They seem to moved out of Oak Tower.

Well... It's in this thread.

@JDC_Gabby said:

We used to be located in Oak Tower, but moved into our own facility, located at 1325 Tracy Ave, in the fall of 2013.

• LOL sorry about that, thought i saw it somewhere else. I had a lot of tabs open a while ago. That was silly.