Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alibabacloud secretly modify the server configuration!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alibabacloud secretly modify the server configuration!!

ryanz91ryanz91 Member
edited December 2017 in Help

I bought a server in Alibabacloud at a discounted price ($120/3years), but Alibabacloud secretly modify the bandwidth, it was originally 200M, changed to 1M, and then I asked customer service, they said it's an abnormal order. But I bought it in the normal way. They want to withdraw this order and give me the coupon for the same price as compensation. What should I do now?

before

200Mbps fixed bandwidth

after

1Mbps fixed bandwidth

original price: $107303.21 Amounts payable: $120.8477

Comments

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

cancel it ?

• @hostdare said:
    cancel it ?

Why? The problem is caused by their mistakes。

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Cancel

Thanked by 1sithrebel15
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited December 2017

Legal action, hashtag assault and chargeback. #unitedagainstalibaba

Alternatively, dry your eyes and move on.

• You either plan legel actions which are not worth it for $120 or you accept that they kicked you out, demand a pro-rated refund, sell the coupon somewhere and post lots of shame threads on every hosting community you know.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @Tion said:
    You either plan legel actions which are not worth it for $120 or you accept that they kicked you out, demand a pro-rated refund, sell the coupon somewhere and post lots of shame threads on every hosting community you know.

Under normal circumstances this server is $100000/3years, cuz its 200M bandwidth

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2017

ryanz91 said: the bandwidth, it was originally 200M, changed to 1M, and then I asked customer service

probably some kind of small print in their terms and conditions allows them to modify the VMs bandwidth - definitely unfair to customers, but it's their terms. if so, you should have read them before purchasing from them!

• PlioserPlioser Member
    edited December 2017

@ryanz91 said:
    Under normal circumstances this server is $100000/3years, cuz its 200M bandwidth

And you paid for the server 120$????

Jeje.

• @Plioser said:

@ryanz91 said:

Jeje.

yes

Bandwidth was probably fair usage and you were top users

• @ryanz91 said:

@Plioser said:

@ryanz91 said:

Jeje.

yes

So, you paid $120 for something that worth "$100000" and you are complaining because the company it's limiting the bandwith.

Ok...

• how do you get link order?

• @sibaper said:
    how do you get link order?

I bought it in the normal way.

• @Plioser said:

@ryanz91 said:

@Plioser said:

@ryanz91 said:

Jeje.

yes

So, you paid $120 for something that worth "$100000" and you are complaining because the company it's limiting the bandwith.

Ok...

Not only limit the bandwidth, but also modify the order information!!

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member
    edited December 2017

@ryanz91 said:

@Plioser said:

@ryanz91 said:

@Plioser said:

@ryanz91 said:

Jeje.

yes

Ok...

THAT'S NOT THE POINT.

IT'S $100000 SERVER AND YOU ONLY PAID $120 FFS

• Better call Saul

• @NanoG6 said:

@ryanz91 said:

@Plioser said:

@ryanz91 said:

@Plioser said:

@ryanz91 said:

Jeje.

yes

Ok...

THAT'S NOT THE POINT.

IT'S $100000 SERVER AND YOU ONLY PAID $120 FFS

IF YOU SELL $100000 SERVER FOR $120 THEN PROVIDE THE PAID SERVICES. JEEZLESS

• Demand refund and provide proof (screenshot or listing of the deal..!).

• "In bird law, this is considered a dick move."

• deankdeank Member, Troll

You have to sue the host to get your way. It will be worth it (for us).

• @uptime said:
    "In bird law, this is considered a dick move."

In bird law, this is considered main chicken.

Thanked by 1jar
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Radically discounted offer and Alibaba didn't honor their promise.

Well, this is completely shocking.

ryanz91 said: Why? The problem is caused by their mistakes。

You're missing the point. You will never get what you paid for. The only question is what to do next.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2017

@Amitz said:

@uptime said:
    "In bird law, this is considered a dick move."

In bird law, this is considered main chicken.

General Tso would beg to differ. But if I have the chicken with the crepe, should I have it on the plate or off the plate? On the plate or off the plate?? On the plate or off the plate???

I can bet this cn2 costly bandwidth where 80 usd per 1mbps and op was using too high .

• @Plioser said:

Ok...

3000 a month? What did he buy? Facebook?

Thanked by 1Plioser
  • @bitswitch said:
    3000 a month? What did he buy? Facebook?

Obviously, he didn't buy nothing near $100000 for $120.

There is no provider in the world that honour a $100000 service for just $120 (even limiting BW to 100 Kbps). If was an error, a really big one, the provider paid you back the paid money and bye bye.

• bitswitchbitswitch Member
    edited December 2017

@Plioser said:

There is no provider in the world that honour a $100000 service for just $120 (even limiting BW to 100 Kbps). If was an error, a really big one, the provider paid you back the paid money and bye bye.

Well, then why did you mention it? Sorry, just noticed that the OP appears to have mentioned that originally.

Anyhow, it doesnt really matter how much he paid for it. What matters is that he paid for a service and the provider seems to have unilaterally changed what was paid for.

I dont necessarily want to cry fraud straight away, but anything less than a refund would be highly questionable.

Thanked by 1Plioser
  • bitswitch said: but anything less than a refund would be highly questionable

I agree.

• somewhatwindysomewhatwindy Member
    edited December 2017

Replied in wrong topic...

• deankdeank Member, Troll

OP could really win the lawsuit here. He should really go for it.