Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want: (bare) Dual Xeon E5-2670, 2660, 2650, 2640's, etc.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want: (bare) Dual Xeon E5-2670, 2660, 2650, 2640's, etc.

zevuszevus Member
edited December 2017 in Requests

Yes, after using some coupons on AWS I discovered how profitable this mining could be.

I have two E5-2670's on nocix already, but ..

Unlike marry or merry or whatever that lightweight was asking for, I did some bit of research to find the good cpu price points. Obviously the 2680's are more valuable to me than the 2670's, vs the 2660's, etc.... but I know these e5-2660's are at a very cheap price point right now.

Obviously it'd be great to have some E5-2699 V4, toss in a few Intel Xeon Gold 6154, mayhap some Ryzen Threadripper 1950's, a dozen or two Xeon Phi's with 'low end pricing', but, yeah, haha.

I know there are these e5-2670's for $69 at nocix & wholesaleinternet & also the e5-2670 v2 for $84 in the 'custom' config. I already have a couple of these.... but a lot of the hardware is wasted here. I don't need SSDs, excessive bandwidth allotments, large amounts of memory, etc.

I am looking to use them for mining scamcoins, crapcoins, and shitcoins. The power consumption will be high, but not much else is needed besides the CPU. I'd be interested in a bulk deal. I know many, many years ago I had something similar with database by design llc where I ordered 10x e3-1270's for about half a year. That'd be sort of what I'm looking for. Couldn't commit to that long though, since the scamcoin craze could end at any time, but ..

anyone? ^_^

ed: there are also some opterons that would be good for this, & of course some things like X5650 could work, but essentially 2x dual 5650's = 1x dual 2670

Comments

• I can send you a few dickpics but if you want bare, I wanna see the coin

Thanked by 1deluxe
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Probably not going to happen any cheaper than NOCIX.

• @WSS said:
    I can send you a few dickpics but if you want bare, I wanna see the coin

You can buy some of my scamcoins.

• @zevus said:

@WSS said:
    I can send you a few dickpics but if you want bare, I wanna see the coin

You can buy some of my scamcoins.

I don't buy scamcoins or trannies. YOU ONLY MAKE THAT MISTAKE ONCE.

Thanked by 1PUSHR_Victor
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2017

@zevus said:
    Yes, after using some coupons on AWS I discovered how profitable this mining could be.

Unlike marry or merry or whatever that lightweight was asking for, I did some bit of research to find the good cpu price points. Obviously the 2680's are more valuable to me than the 2670's, vs the 2660's, etc.... but I know these e5-2660's are at a very cheap price point right now.

Obviously it'd be great to have some E5-2699 V4, toss in a few Intel Xeon Gold 6154, mayhap some Ryzen Threadripper 1950's, a dozen or two Xeon Phi's with 'low end pricing', but, yeah, haha.

I know there are these e5-2670's for $69 at nocix & wholesaleinternet & also the e5-2670 v2 for $84 in the 'custom' config. I already have a couple of these.... but a lot of the hardware is wasted here. I don't need SSDs, excessive bandwidth allotments, large amounts of memory, etc.

I am looking to use them for mining scamcoins, crapcoins, and shitcoins. The power consumption will be high, but not much else is needed besides the CPU. I'd be interested in a bulk deal. I know many, many years ago I had something similar with database by design llc where I ordered 10x e3-1270's for about half a year. That'd be sort of what I'm looking for. Couldn't commit to that long though, since the scamcoin craze could end at any time, but ..

anyone? ^_^

ed: there are also some opterons that would be good for this, & of course some things like X5650 could work, but essentially 2x dual 5650's = 1x dual 2670

Why wouldn't the host just mine themselves if it was profitable?

Thanked by 1szarka
  • These threads are getting more annoying day by day. I almost miss our little shoe buddies now. Those were fun.

• @Yura said:
    These threads are getting more annoying day by day. I almost miss our little shoe buddies now. Those were fun.

One or two turds says "HEY IT PAYS FOR ITSELF" and suddenly the influx of dildos overtakes the turds.

• WSS said: One or two turds says "HEY IT PAYS FOR ITSELF" and suddenly the influx of dildos overtakes the turds.

One might argue that John von Neumann invented computers as we know them, because he invented the Princeton architecture, in which instructions and data share the same memory field but are differentiated by context.

• @WSS said:

@Yura said:
    These threads are getting more annoying day by day. I almost miss our little shoe buddies now. Those were fun.

One or two turds says "HEY IT PAYS FOR ITSELF" and suddenly the influx of dildos overtakes the turds.

Yes. Circle of... you know what. Ad infinitum.

• Got a few of those pieces of metal here doing nothing but catching dust trying to look pretty and shine up this room... what a world.

• @Akito said:
    Got a few of those pieces of metal here doing nothing but catching dust trying to look pretty and shine up this room... what a world.

Nice dick alloys, bro.

• Why don't you just pick up some of these boxes from ebay or something and run them at your house?

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    Why don't you just pick up some of these boxes from ebay or something and run them at your house?

..or at an unstated place somewhere the middle east that generates electricity.

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog pike
  • @Yura said:

I miss @WSS's "Shoe gotta be kedding me." catchphrase...

• @randvegeta said:

Gotta bookmark this for a future economics exam question... ;)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

They are all crazy about easy money.

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2017

Why not buy 10 from NOCIX? If your making money buy them all.

Thanked by 2WSS hostdare
  • @WSS said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    Why don't you just pick up some of these boxes from ebay or something and run them at your house?

Don’t worry, there’s no power meter here. Mine on!

• @doghouch said:

@WSS said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

You're on what?

• @WSS said:

@doghouch said:

@WSS said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

You're on what?

Nothing. I was referring to the guy who worked at a power plant that asked about mining hardware a month ago.

• @doghouch said:

@WSS said:

@doghouch said:

@WSS said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

You're on what?

Nothing. I was referring to the guy who worked at a power plant that asked about mining hardware a month ago.

I mined it into a shitty phonetics joke. Now what is yours?

• RizRiz Member
    edited December 2017

@randvegeta said:

@zevus said:

anyone? ^_^

Why do you come into every thread bashing mining? I understand it's a bit of the norm around here, but you consistently doubt the ability for it to be profitable. Monero has since gone from $80 -> $280 over the past couple of months while you've sat here in dismay in that time.

People come with these requests, because they've been able to see the money flowing in at a small scale. Scaling isn't difficult when done properly, and at that point - it's a simple numbers game for profit. There is plenty of money in mining, and there has been for a while now.

@Riz said:

@randvegeta said:

@zevus said:

anyone? ^_^

Why do you come into every thread bashing mining? I understand it's a bit of the norm around here, but you consistently doubt the ability for it to be profitable. Monero has since gone from $80 -> $280 over the past couple of months while you've sat here in dismay in that time.

People come with these requests, because they've been able to see the money flowing in at a small scale. Scaling isn't difficult when done properly, and at that point - it's a simple numbers game for profit. There is plenty of money in mining, and there has been for a while now.

I didn't say you can't make money mining. I'm asking why any host would rent out their servers if mining is profitable. Mining is easy, requires very little work as the equipment just sits there doing its thing. Renting to a client gives you liability, more work and less income.

It's an economics question only. I'm asking why the host doesn't simply mine himself rather than rent?

• @randvegeta said:
    It's an economics question only. I'm asking why the host doesn't simply mine himself rather than rent?

Because they might want a viable payout not in Beez, Flooz, or Pogs?

• Another board I used to visit moved all crypto currency talks into a sub category which wasn't listed on index cause it was annoying everyone. That was years ago when Bitcoins and Litecoins were hot shit as in being mineable on a profit in western europe and north america.

WSS said: Because they might want a viable payout not in Beez, Flooz, or Pogs?

It's not that hard to cash out a modest amount of crypto.

A Dual E5-2670 can probably generate around $50 /month in profit (considering only the electricity cost as costs). So the gross is about $70 /month at the moment, and that would be over the course of a whole month. Cashing out such small amounts would be fairly easy. Difficulties only arise when you are dealing with thousands of dollars that you need move around all in one go.

In order for someone to mine profitably with rented servers, the server would need to cost less than $70 /month. Given the relative ease of being able to cash out small mining profits, I and that $70 /month for a Dual Xeon E5 is pretty damn cheap, I don't see why any host would do such a deal. There is next to no benefit for the host. The ONLY benefit I see is the host will get the money in full at the beginning of the month instead of at the end. But it's hard to imagine that would be incentive enough to do so.

• What sort of bandwidth does this use, in terms of mbps? I have rack space and power in Phoenix, but no commit. I'd be willing to colocate any hardware you want to buy and send over too; I'm not going to buy bare servers for you. It's through an actual company too, not a random guy on a forum. Send me a message if you'd be interested in discussing.

Damian said: What sort of bandwidth does this use, in terms of mbps?

Miners are low bandwidth actually. Very low. Kbps normally. Even mining pools are not so traffic crazy. Hosting colo for mining is reasonable for both parties (host + miner).

• zevuszevus Member
    edited December 2017

@IonSwitch_Stan said:
    Why not buy 10 from NOCIX? If your making money buy them all.

They're out of stock.

I did this.... some half a decade+ ago, but ended up with a couple dozen 5830's, 5870's, 5970's, etc. gathering up dust around the house. I've proven myself too lazy to sell this used hardware on eBay, so don't want to invest in more when I know this won't be profitable for long. Right now there is just a lot of press for Bitcoin, so all the shitcoins benefit as well (which includes a lot that are suitable for CPUs or video cards).

A Dual E5-2670 can probably generate around $50 /month in profit (considering only the electricity cost as costs). So the gross is about $70 /month at the moment, and that would be over the course of a whole month. Cashing out such small amounts would be fairly easy. Difficulties only arise when you are dealing with thousands of dollars that you need move around all in one go.

It's more than that right now. Mining the 'Electroneum' scamcoin (yes, they actually got millions in investments too... mine on your smartphone! gmafb).

At current difficulty (9949010071), you can mine about 60 Electroneum a day on an E5-2670 v1 (I was able to get it up to 950 hash/s) & at current price on Cryptopia (perhaps another cryptsy in the works here, haha) that's 0.000456 bitcoins, or $6.84 a day. It was a lot more profitable yesterday.

My total transacted value on the Electroneum so far is 0.01372 bitcoins -- with about 60% of the hash power coming from 1x E5-2670 v1, 1x E5-2670 v2, over approx. 10 days. Elec cost is nothing since they are all from dedicated servers (the rest from two of my Dacentec servers & one Hetzner).... err, nothing to me, anyway ..

This isn't likely to last though, & the figures you gave are probably appropriate for Monero.

... and this is where paying some months in advance comes in. re; for databasebydesign, I paid 1/2 a year in advance

What sort of bandwidth does this use, in terms of mbps? I have rack space and power in Phoenix, but no commit. I'd be willing to colocate any hardware you want to buy and send over too; I'm not going to buy bare servers for you. It's through an actual company too, not a random guy on a forum. Send me a message if you'd be interested in discussing.

Bandwidth is next to nothing. I have a friend that's actually buying hardware for this. I'll ask him if he may be interested.

re; people not convinced about profitability;

Just go to Amazon's EC2, find some c4.xlarge or something, check spot price over the last week.

Thanked by 1StevenN
  • Of course it was profitable on AWS if your using coupons as even if you make $1 thats cost you nothing but your time. I just have to ask why if it was such an amazing deal you would want to post your plans on a public forum?

Surely if everyone started doing the same as you the difficulty of mining will sky rocket and quickly become unprofitable?

Lets just stick with AWS for a moment, if this was in any way feasable then surely Amazon would be using a good portion of their unallocated servers for this, as would any host. I just think the quicker this whole bubble bursts the better.