Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM with 8G RAM & Bitcoin Payment
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM with 8G RAM & Bitcoin Payment

Hello. Searching for a good KVM with 8GB RAM. If you don't mind Cpu usage, OpenVZ is OK too.

It will be used for altcoin pool, thats why i need at least 3TB network/month.

I prefer annual payment.
Waiting cheap offers :)

Comments

• coolindark said: Waiting cheap offers :)

Just missed'em pal, next cheap offers are Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2018.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

https://www.ssdnodes.com/pricing/

8GB KVM will run you ~$100/yr. SSD Nodes is pretty solid. They accept Bitcoin as payment as well.

Thanked by 2coolindark uptime
  • @MasonR said:
    https://www.ssdnodes.com/pricing/

8GB KVM will run you ~$100/yr. SSD Nodes is pretty solid. They accept Bitcoin as payment as well.

Noted. Checking other offers. Thank you.

• Tagging @exception0x876 of wishosting.com

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

If openVZ is ok I have space on the DDOS protected pure NVMe SSD nodes right now:

I don't have a specific 8GB plan but I can do something custom for you:

2 vCPU
    8GB Ram
    40GB NVMe SSD   
    4000GB

€12.00 p/month or €100 p/year.

Thanked by 1coolindark
  • coolindark said:

It will be used for altcoin pool,

For security I'd suggest a dedi even if it costs a little more.

Thanked by 1coolindark
  • coolindarkcoolindark Member
    edited December 2017

@willie said:

coolindark said:

Thank you for your concern willie. My system does not hold coins in pool wallet so this will make me save money for hosting and make things more secure for both miners and me.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@coolindark said:

@willie said:

coolindark said:

Thank you for your concern willie. My system does not hold coins in pool wallet so this will make me save money for hosting and make things more secure for both miners and me.

DDoS protection will be a must, though. Mining pools are often subject to large DDoS attacks to make the miners shift to different pools.

Thanked by 1coolindark
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@coolindark?

Which altcoin?

Do you have any particular budget or location in mind?

Xen also a consideration?

• @randvegeta said:
    @coolindark?

Which altcoin?

Do you have any particular budget or location in mind?

Xen also a consideration?

I'm OK as long as i can use CPU without limits, XEN / KVM or OpenVZ both are OK for me.

• hostfavhostfav Member, Host Rep

We can give you a custom KVM $14.99/mo

50 GB HDD
    8 GB Ram
    2 Cores @ 2.5 GHz (Dedicated Cores)
    Bandwidth 5 TB

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

How many cores do you need?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

If you got a bit more budget, get a slice https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices!

Francisco

• https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php?gid=61 unfortuantely, 25% off is no longer available

• @Francisco said:
    If you got a bit more budget, get a slice https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices!

Francisco

u broke ur link m8

https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

• Guys I'm still waiting offers. Was tried SSDnodes but they dont have Ubuntu 14.04... My budget is 130$ and 16GB Kvm is perfect for me. Im gonna buy ASAP. Waiting fast offers.

• @coolindark said:
    Guys I'm still waiting offers. Was tried SSDnodes but they dont have Ubuntu 14.04... My budget is 130$ and 16GB Kvm is perfect for me. Im gonna buy ASAP. Waiting fast offers.

Per annum or month?

• @coolindark Why didn't you just install it yourself?

• @WSS said:
    @coolindark Why didn't you just install it yourself?

Their KVM is a little strange. There is no custom ISO option and just 4 OS selection.

• @coolindark said:

@WSS said:

Their KVM is a little strange. There is no custom ISO option and just 4 OS selection.

Write Netboot.xyz.iso over /dev/vda and reboot. Setup network, boot, escape to shell, dd off the MBR, and install.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @WSS said:

@coolindark said:

@WSS said:

Write Netboot.xyz.iso over /dev/vda and reboot. Setup network, boot, escape to shell, dd off the MBR, and install.

Never tried. Gonna investigate! Thanks for the clue. But still waiting offers, maybe i will find a better offer :)

• @coolindark said:

@WSS said:

@coolindark said:

@WSS said:

Never tried. Gonna investigate! Thanks for the clue. But still waiting offers, maybe i will find a better offer :)

It's damn simple. Completely menu driven, unlike standard iPXE images. That'd do too.

• darkguy2008darkguy2008 Member
    edited February 2018

@WSS said:

@coolindark said:

@WSS said:

Hey, I'm interested in your method (just logged in to inquiry). I get the writing to /dev/vda (by using dd I assume?) up to the point where you escape to shell (although rebooting would end up in the same original OS, how do you manually boot in SSDNodes?). Also, what do you mean "dd off the MBR" ? as in, make a backup from the original install? dd the MBR from the netboot to /dev/vda ? I would appreciate your response, thanks!

Thanked by 1aglodek