Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

netcup RS 1000 Plus (advent calendar) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

netcup RS 1000 Plus (advent calendar)

Comments

• @FredQc said:

Benchmark Summary
    Single-Core Score 3248
    Multi-Core Score 10781

This is similar to their 8x8x320 special...

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/4987564

What was the price for that specs?

• @BBTN said:

if its too much to ask please, only one cpu output is needed

cat /proc/cpuinfo

thanks in advance

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • @ZweiTiger said:

@FredQc said:

Benchmark Summary
    Single-Core Score 3248
    Multi-Core Score 10781

it was a vserver not a rootserver and the price is 6.99 monthly recurring on a quarterly term/payment period

• @Falzo said: @nullnothere maybe you looked in the wrong line then? ;-)

Clearly I'm getting old... maybe even senile (why else would I be drooling and nit picking over technical specs).

Anyway @FredQC or @BBTN - can you please provide cpu flags for both the RS and the VPS line (like @ehab asked) - thanks in advance.

This time I'll make sure I read it with a magnifier.

• @Falzo said:

@ZweiTiger said:

@FredQc said:

Benchmark Summary
    Single-Core Score 3248
    Multi-Core Score 10781

it was a vserver not a rootserver and the price is 6.99 monthly recurring on a quarterly term/payment period

..and it sucks. Don't bother with the vServers. Stick with the RootServers.

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • nullnotherenullnothere Member
    edited December 2017

@WSS said: ..and it sucks. Don't bother with the vServers. Stick with the RootServers.

Why? (edited) I mean how so?

• nullnothere said: can you please provide cpu flags

8x8x320

processor       : 7
    vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
    cpu family      : 6
    model           : 13
    model name      : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
    stepping        : 3
    microcode       : 0x1
    cpu MHz         : 2297.336
    cache size      : 16384 KB
    physical id     : 7
    siblings        : 1
    core id         : 0
    cpu cores       : 1
    apicid          : 7
    initial apicid  : 7
    fpu             : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level     : 13
    wp              : yes
    flags           : fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx lm rep_good nopl xtopology pni cx16 x2apic hypervisor lahf_lm
    bogomips        : 4594.67
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

Thanked by 2ehab nullnothere
  • @nullnothere said:

@WSS said: ..and it sucks. Don't bother with the vServers. Stick with the RootServers.

Why? (edited) I mean how so?

You're basically getting just another KVM. There's nothing special about it.

• @FredQc said: 8x8x320 [cpuflags]

No AES. Sigh.

• WSS said: There's nothing special about it.

Well, in that case there is 320GB of storage vs 60GB :)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @WSS said: You're basically getting just another KVM. There's nothing special about it.

But that's true of the RS series as well (except the cpu flags being better + (maybe) aes, which is obviously better depending on use case, and as I understand "dedicated" cores or threads for the RS vs shared cores for the Vserver). Resource wise they both are glorious KVMs for the price no?

I mean neither of them is a dedi.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @WSS said:
    @saibal Jesus how many VPS do you have!? (Need more? Want those 7 1G/10G VirMachs? $50 for the lot!)

Always more than I need :D

• @FredQc said:

WSS said: There's nothing special about it.

Well, in that case there is 320GB of storage vs 60GB :)

Pretty sure it turns into 80GB usable, doesn't it? ;)

@nullnothere said:
    I mean neither of them is a dedi.

No, they're not. The RS is guaranteed, whereas the vShared is a bit more of a timeshare. I've noticed differences with throughput, and there are several things which are not available on the vShared like the automated copy-on-write for several plans, et al. Long story short, if it does what you want, then swell. I'm keeping my 3G RS, and dumping the 8G vServer.

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • Do you think there is a restock coming or did they already finish working one hour ago?

• @pike said:
    Do you think there is a restock coming or did they already finish working one hour ago?

I think I read somewhere in the forums that they planned 4 different times to restock, but it wasn't mentioned which times that should be and I didn't count how often they already have been back in stock today ;-)

• Two times at least, thank you.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Falzo said:

@pike said:
    Do you think there is a restock coming or did they already finish working one hour ago?

I think I read somewhere in the forums that they planned 4 different times to restock, but it wasn't mentioned which times that should be and I didn't count how often they already have been back in stock today ;-)

Sounds like someone needs to code up a stock checker + notifier similar to the OVH/Kimsufi ones out there ;)

• @MasonR said:

@Falzo said:

@pike said:

Sounds like someone needs to code up a stock checker + notifier similar to the OVH/Kimsufi ones out there ;)

Don't you already have the foundation in place to do just this?

• I will look into something, but I need MXRoute for the mail alert. Shame on me I didn't buy that 5$ a year package.

• @ehab said:

@BBTN said:

if its too much to ask please, only one cpu output is needed

cat /proc/cpuinfo

thanks in advance

processor : 0
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 79
    model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz
    stepping : 1
    microcode : 0x1
    cpu MHz : 2399.996
    cache size : 16384 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings : 1
    core id : 0
    cpu cores : 1
    apicid : 0
    initial apicid : 0
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 13
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse
    sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon rep_good nopl xtopology eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq
    ssse3 fma cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor
    lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch arat xsaveopt fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 hle avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid rtm rdseed adx smap
    bogomips : 4799.99
    clflush size : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @Falzo @WSS what are the necessary flags for nested virtualization ?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

VMX/VME (SVM)

Thanked by 2Falzo ehab
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:
    VMX/VME (SVM)

beat me to it...

the one (intentionally) left out/missing at netcup rootservers is VMX (because it's all intel CPU)

Thanked by 1ehab
  • I bought one of these to try out some monero mining. When I first set it up it was mining at ~200H/s, now it's mining at 40H/s. I guess the cores aren't really dedicated after all and other servers are influencing the performance of my cores (perhaps because they share cache).

Oh well :(

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @titanicsaled said:
    I bought one of these to try out some monero mining. When I first set it up it was mining at ~200H/s, now it's mining at 40H/s. I guess the cores aren't really dedicated after all and other servers are influencing the performance of my cores (perhaps because they share cache).

Are you aware that your name has been misspelled for 6 years? That's an immediate payoff.

Thanked by 1saibal
  • @titanicsaled said:
    I bought one of these to try out some monero mining. When I first set it up it was mining at ~200H/s, now it's mining at 40H/s. I guess the cores aren't really dedicated after all and other servers are influencing the performance of my cores (perhaps because they share cache).

you're most likely not the only one with that specific 'idea' ... eager to see how many more people are gonna complain about such things :-)

I don't know much about monero, what's 40H/s worth in money you'll make per month (at least at actual rates)?

• @Falzo, are you staying after midnight to see what they offer next? but hey, you already know..

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2017

Just increment the number, its getting expensive some wat 9EUR, then 47EUR.

• @Neoon said:

Guess Falzo and I got on their shitlist, then, because this last time it just goes "NOPE"

• @Neoon said:

if I remember right, the number for the orders the last few days weren't successive. seems more like they are jumping around in that area. that 9€ most likely is a domain price, the other ones like 47,88 may give a clue on monthly price * contract term (=3,99*12)

but if or when those offers will occur, and what's really behind? no clue... in the last years there javascript revealed early what's upcoming, but as said earlier it seems they changed that to something more manually.

@ehab said:
    @Falzo, are you staying after midnight to see what they offer next? but hey, you already know..

hmm, I have to admit I did yesterday, because I assumed one of the better offers for the 6th (St. Nicholas' Day) ... guess the next one is more boring - but curiosity is still strong in this one.

Thanked by 1Amitz