Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for KVM to run OSX
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for KVM to run OSX

Apologize if I did not word this correctly or if this is the wrong section.

I would like to setup something similar to this.
Spec wise, don't really care about CPU or RAM. Just the minimum necessary to get it up and running. The only caveat is I need access to some form of GPU. iGPU works. GT710 works.

The use would just be a single app running 24/7.

If anyone could help, or point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited December 2017

AFAIK there is no server license for OSX. So good luck on this one.

• LeeLee Veteran

Is there something in the water just now? Why so many of these shitty posts... If it's not wannabe miners, someone is looking for Google accounts.

• @Lee said:
    Is there something in the water just now? Why so many of these shitty posts... If it's not wannabe miners, someone is looking for Google accounts.

No idea man but definitely is strange.

• Thanks Lee! Fortunately this would not be more mining. Though, I don't think a GT710 or iGPU would be good for that anyway

• @AuroraZ Yah. I understand that. I would even settle for a cheap dedi that has igpu access and vt'd support.

• @mikee_mgee said:
    @AuroraZ Yah. I understand that. I would even settle for a cheap dedi that has igpu access and vt'd support.

See there is no one here going to rent you a server to run illegal software. Which it is since there is no server license for it. It's like running an illegal copy of windows. Just not going to happen here.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@AuroraZ said:

@mikee_mgee said:
    @AuroraZ Yah. I understand that. I would even settle for a cheap dedi that has igpu access and vt'd support.

See there is no one here going to rent you a server to run illegal software. Which it is since there is no server license for it. It's like running an illegal copy of windows. Just not going to happen here.

Unless you're Centriohost

• @MasonR said:

@AuroraZ said:

@mikee_mgee said:

Unless you're Centriohost

Probably why I stay so far away from them. Wouldn't even touch them with @WSS dick.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

You're going to need a dedicated server of your own as this would require turning off MSR emulation (which if left on causes a chronic reboot symptom) and no host will tweak a system wide setting for an individual user.

• @mmuyskens Thank you. I figured a dedicated is what i would have to go for.

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

@mikee_mgee said:
    @mmuyskens Thank you. I figured a dedicated is what i would have to go for.

Not a problem!

• Somehow the GT710 reminds me of servers from @ikoula

• @teamacc, Yah. I used ikoula as a reference. They seem to be the best option so far. I just have an issue with price. $15 a month . I can do that. $30 a month...nah. I also do not need 16gb ram...am happy with 8....1tb HD I can do 250GB or less. Even 100gb works.