Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

How long before Netcup approves membership?

How long before Netcup approves membership?

Just as the title says, I'm wondering how long it takes before I get approved? I wanted to get a piece of their rootservers but I still haven't gotten any approval.

dying.

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

If they haven't called you, then you gave invalid information. I was called within hours for validation.

• Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @WSS said: If they haven't called you, then you gave invalid information. I was called within hours for validation.

Hmmmm that's weird. I did double check. But anyway, thanks. Know anyone I can contact?

dying.

• WSSWSS Member

@jezznar said:

@WSS said: If they haven't called you, then you gave invalid information. I was called within hours for validation.

Hmmmm that's weird. I did double check. But anyway, thanks. Know anyone I can contact?

It's 01:20am in Germany, so you're not going to have any luck for at least another 8 hours.

https://www.netcup.eu/kontakt/telefonsupport.php

Thanked by 2jezznar Falzo
  • @WSS said:

@jezznar said:

@WSS said: If they haven't called you, then you gave invalid information. I was called within hours for validation.

It's 01:20am in Germany, so you're not going to have any luck for at least another 8 hours.

https://www.netcup.eu/kontakt/telefonsupport.php

Alright. Thanks @WSS. Hopefully I'd get a call in their morning.

dying.

• qtwrkqtwrk Member

I was called next day.

Does phone calling always take place?

Anyone ever activated without calling?

https://vps.group Chinese affiliate blog , accepting offers.

netcup 5 euro coupon: 36nc15115779645 , 36nc15115779646 , 36nc15115779647

CyberPanel Chinese 中文 community

• lurchlurch Member

They were unable to verify my details so had to send them a copy of a utility bill.

• FalzoFalzo Member

as others already pointed out, it just might depend on the time of your order related to working times in germany. From what I know, they mostly do validation calls for non-german customers so make sure you use a phone number they can reach ;-)
    I honestly can't remember if they called me with my first order, but afaik for german customers they check with public phone registers or something like that...

for contacting them use either their form https://www.netcup.eu/kontakt/ or write a mail to mail ( at ) netcup.de

also don't forget about their christmas calendar: https://www.netcup.de/adventskalender/ with changing offers each day ;-)

(only available from the german page though)

Netcup DE KVM: 1vC 1GB - 18,88€ or 2 Core 3GB 240GB - 54,88€ yearly /w 5€ off: 36nc15125155662 - 36nc15125155667
    UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/NL/DE, BLACK FRIDAY: 1GB 20€ or 2GB 40€ yearly or cheap 750G / 2TB storage offers

Thanked by 1jezznar
  • @Falzo said: as others already pointed out, it just might depend on the time of your order related to working times in germany. From what I know, they mostly do validation calls for non-german customers so make sure you use a phone number they can reach ;-)
    I honestly can't remember if they called me with my first order, but afaik for german customers they check with public phone registers or something like that...

for contacting them use either their form https://www.netcup.eu/kontakt/ or write a mail to mail ( at ) netcup.de

also don't forget about their christmas calendar: https://www.netcup.de/adventskalender/ with changing offers each day ;-)

(only available from the german page though)

Thanks. I can just run google translate and I can read it :)

I do hope they contact me soon. I'll send them a buzz through that form. Thanks

dying.

• FalzoFalzo Member

jezznar said: :)

it's short after 8am here now, so they probably about to start working through orders that came in at night, at what time did you order?

Netcup DE KVM: 1vC 1GB - 18,88€ or 2 Core 3GB 240GB - 54,88€ yearly /w 5€ off: 36nc15125155662 - 36nc15125155667
    UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/NL/DE, BLACK FRIDAY: 1GB 20€ or 2GB 40€ yearly or cheap 750G / 2TB storage offers

• @Falzo said:

it's short after 8am here now, so they probably about to start working through orders that came in at night, at what time did you order?

I thinks it's around 18:00 (1:00 here) there in Germany when I ordered.

dying.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@jezznar said:

@Falzo said:

oh, probably sales just left the building by then, maybe a bit unlucky.
    give them a bit more time, I guess they're coming through today...

• I got verified DAYS after order. I have given up my order. And then suddenly the letter from netcup comes in.

• @Falzo has to approve you first. Usually got to sleep with him or it is a no go.

Dont'TalkAboutLETClub There is this thing called hoopla.

Thanked by 3Falzo nhocconan WSS
  • @Falzo said:

@jezznar said:

@Falzo said:

oh, probably sales just left the building by then, maybe a bit unlucky.
    give them a bit more time, I guess they're coming through today...

@yokowasis said: I got verified DAYS after order. I have given up my order. And then suddenly the letter from netcup comes in.

@Falzo I hope I won't end up like @yokowasis Crossing my fingers

dying.

• Oh, for me, they called and verified my first order after several minutes. So I was lucky here :-) ?

FYI, my first order is around 9 AM German time.

Thanked by 1jezznar
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@yokowasis said: I got verified DAYS after order. I have given up my order. And then suddenly the letter from netcup comes in.

didn't know they really still might use snail mail for verification... ofc that may take some days.
    dude I told you there would have been a faster way for this somewhere between my sheets... :-D

jezznar said: @Falzo I hope I won't end up like @yokowasis Crossing my fingers

I'd hope they just send a letter only if they have no other way to validate (like not reaching your phone) ... while I think they mention letters being an option for verification in their welcome mail, @yokowasis is the first one I know who really got one :-D

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • jezznarjezznar Member
    edited December 5

@AuroraZ said: @Falzo has to approve you first. Usually got to sleep with him or it is a no go.

Oh crap XD

dying.

• FalzoFalzo Member

jezznar said: I'll be needing some lube for that

good boy!

• rick2610rick2610 Member
    edited December 5

I was called next day. Does phone calling always take place? Anyone ever activated without calling?

I had my first order a few weeks ago and i was never called or contacted in anyway. They just processed my order within one hour. I signed up with my business mail account and provided a valid EU VATid and my company data.

• @nhocconan said: Oh, for me, they called and verified my first order after several minutes. So I was lucky here :-) ?

FYI, my first order is around 9 AM German time. @nhocconan said: Oh, for me, they called and verified my first order after several minutes. So I was lucky here :-) ?

FYI, my first order is around 9 AM German time.

I do hope they got somebody lurking here @ LET lol

Falzo said: snail mail

OMG X_X

dying.

• @Falzo said:

good boy!

I guess my edit came in too late rofl

dying.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Falzo said:

good boy!

Lube @Falzo doesn't like nor use lube.

• @AuroraZ said:

@Falzo said:

good boy!

Bloody hell. Literally.

dying.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member

rick2610 said: valid EU VATid and my company data

which of course makes things a lot easier because your VAT ID can be verified directly with VIES ;-) no need for any further contact anyway..

• FalzoFalzo Member

@AuroraZ said:

@Falzo said:

good boy!

sssh, don't spoil the surprise... he'll only recognize after being tied up properly...

• @Falzo said:

@AuroraZ said:

@Falzo said:

good boy!

sssh, don't spoil the surprise... he'll only recognize after being tied up properly...

Just figured the ruffies did their job and he would be out like a cat on catnip.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Falzo said:

didn't know they really still might use snail mail for verification... ofc that may take some days.
    dude I told you there would have been a faster way for this somewhere between my sheets... :-D

jezznar said: @Falzo I hope I won't end up like @yokowasis Crossing my fingers

I'd hope they just send a letter only if they have no other way to validate (like not reaching your phone) ... while I think they mention letters being an option for verification in their welcome mail, @yokowasis is the first one I know who really got one :-D

By letter I mean email. I always keep my phone on. In the end they didn't call me.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • yokowasis said: By letter I mean email. I always keep my phone on. In the end they didn't call me.

received an email saying they were not able to reach me and will try to reach me again. D: I want my netcuppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp~ Sobs

dying.

• Told you @Falzo is the first step.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • WSSWSS Member

@Falzo has to really like you so you can order anything.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@WSS said: @Falzo has to really like you so you can order anything.

trust @WSS, he knows about the hole thing...

Thanked by 1ehab
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited December 5

@Falzo said:

I thought that we both agreed that we would never speak about this on LET.

Thanked by 2MasonR Amitz
  • @Falzo said:

Does he now?

Thanked by 1WSS
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@MasonR said:

@Falzo said:

Does he now?

Thanked by 2MasonR Amitz
  • WSSWSS Member

Hey hey hey now..

@Falzo had no problem shaving his entire body because I don't like things hairier than myself all snuggled up- unless it's a pet. He's a different sort of pet.

• WSS said: @Falzo had no problem shaving his entire body because I don't like things hairier than myself all snuggled up- unless it's a pet. He's a different sort of pet.

I ain't gonna get anywhere between you guys. I'd ship you guys both on any comic book.

ANYWAY, I got confirmed as a member. Now, I can spam them with my orders and drain my wallet of cash

dying.

• ferriferri Member

@qtwrk said: I was called next day.

Yes, I'm not called and still get activated :D

• @ferri said:

I suspect that it depends in part on where you reside. For people within the EU, probably no call is needed. For those outside of the EU, a call is probably needed. And, unfortunately, "outside of the EU" is probably not all treated equally.

"[T]he number of UNIX installations has grown to 16, with more expected." (K. Thompson & D. M. Ritchie, UNIX Programmer's Manual, 3ed, 1973)

• WSSWSS Member

@angstrom said:

@ferri said:

I suspect that it depends in part on where you reside. For people within the EU, probably no call is needed. For those outside of the EU, a call is probably needed. And, unfortunately, "outside of the EU" is probably not all treated equally.

It took less than three days for them to call me- but it was before Black Friday and the current month of festivities.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • angstromangstrom Member
    edited December 6

@WSS said:

@angstrom said:

@ferri said:

It took less than three days for them to call me- but it was before Black Friday and the current month of festivities.

By the way, just as a reminder, if you plan to cancel your three-month service with them, make sure that you submit the cancellation notice by the date indicated in CCP for your service. :-)

Edit: Although this particular reminder was intended for @WSS, the more general reminder is that netcup requires a cancellation notice significantly in advance, depending on your contract, so you should pay attention to the cancellation date indicated in CCP for your service.

"[T]he number of UNIX installations has grown to 16, with more expected." (K. Thompson & D. M. Ritchie, UNIX Programmer's Manual, 3ed, 1973)

Thanked by 2uptime Falzo
  • ferriferri Member

@angstrom said:

@ferri said:

I'm from Indonesia :D

• @ferri said:

@angstrom said:

@ferri said:

I'm from Indonesia :D

And your service was activated without a call? If so, all the better.

• They tried to call me during 5 am in the morning here so definitely I missed the call. I ended up sending a copy of my driver's license and got my account verified immediately.

PM me if you would like to apply for Chase Freedom/Freedom Unlimited/Sapphire Preferred cards; I will pay you $50 for each successful application via my referral.

• WSSWSS Member

I find myself touching my NetCups at inappropriate times.