Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible to set up OpenVPN without using nat
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is it possible to set up OpenVPN without using nat

KousakaKousaka Member
edited December 2017 in Help

I recently bought a VPS from @cociu hostsolutions.ro. I'm trying to set up OpenVPN, however the nat module is not available. So I'm wondering if there's any possibility to make it.

Thanks for any kind of help!

Comments

• ask him to anable neccessary module for you.

• @sibaper said:
    ask him to anable neccessary module for you.

Already submitted a ticket, but now he is possibly not online so I'm still considering to make it on my own. Thank you anyway

• Does he mean enable tun / Tap ?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

The answer is yes, it is possible. Sounds like you’re on OpenVZ so you have no proper routing capability, as such extremely unlikely it’s possible for you.

• You do not need nat to make OpenVPN running. You need TUN/TAP

• @Ympker said:
    You do not need nat to make OpenVPN running. You need TUN/TAP

It's basically the same letters as NAT

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Yura said:

@Ympker said:

It's basically the same letters as NAT

• @Ympker said:

Cociu's servers dont have iptables NAT module enabled, he have option for tun/tap to enable by himself, but he need to wait for cociu's team to enable the module for him.

• @emperor said:

@Ympker said:

Cociu's servers dont have iptables NAT module enabled, he have option for tun/tap to enable by himself, but he need to wait for cociu's team to enable the module for him.

He has already enabled it for me so the problem has been solved. Hopefully he will do the same on his other nodes.

• @Kousaka said:

@emperor said:

@Ympker said:

He has already enabled it for me so the problem has been solved. Hopefully he will do the same on his other nodes.

No he won't.