Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to change your Google Apps primary domain?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want to change your Google Apps primary domain?

eJaMHhweJaMHhw Member
edited December 2017 in General

Merry Christmas

This guy will make the changes for free.

This link may have been shared in another thread previously but here's a repost.

(this thread was intentionally edited to lessen the resistance from this community)

https://rootcommand.com/change-primary-domain-google-apps-legacy-gsuite-standard-edition/1/

Comments

• HarzemHarzem Member
    edited December 2017

Just do what I do.

1. Use your regular "gmail" account.

2. Register on mailgun.com free account, 10000 emails free per month.

3. Add your domain name on mailgun, set up SMTP credentials for your new email address.

4. Add your new email address on gmail as an additional account with SMTP sending.

5. Add "route" to mailgun to forward incoming email to your gmail account.

Viola! You have a fully white-label email address that you can use like native. Since you use SMTP to send emails, they cannot be traced back to your personal gmail account. You are essentially using Gmail as an email application that sends email using SMTP on your business domain.

My harzem.com email address is a legacy G.Apps account. My FraudRecord email addresses are using Mailgun. There is absolutely no difference in sending or receiving email.

Thanked by 4yomero Aluminat lsd jaden
  • eJaMHhweJaMHhw Member
    edited December 2017

That's interesting but not exactly ideal for professional use and not really the answer I am looking for. Might be helpful to others though.

Thanked by 1ninaprasetyo
  • HarzemHarzem Member
    edited December 2017

It's perfectly logical for professional use actually. Mailgun is a managed email server (check!) with high IP reputation (check!) and you are using SMTP to connect to it via any email client.

If you choose Gmail as your email client, you can also utilize it's every feature including spam filtering and mobile apps. You'll receive professional emails instantly, you send professional emails instantly, they can't be traced back to your personal account, and you can access all emails from a single inbox if you want.

I have 7 legacy google apps account. I'm using just 1 of them. The rest of them I'm just ignoring because I figured out this Mailgun system works better than managing multiple inboxes. I don't care if they are useless. It's more hassle to use them instead of using a professional managed email server like mailgun for free, in a single inbox which can also send email professionally.

You can also create unlimited accounts, aliases, or forwarding with Mailgun.

Google Apps can suck my duck. One simple gmail account and everything else if professional.

• eJaMHhweJaMHhw Member
    edited December 2017

Content Removed - Pointless

• eJaMHhweJaMHhw Member
    edited December 2017

Content Removed - Pointless

• TLDR ?

• "administrative control over the organization units" is also available in Mailgun, depending on what you mean. You can create/edit accounts, manage forwarding, etc.

As for activity collaboration, there are other services and they can be individually better than Google Apps.

If you are in dire need to use a discontinued free service for "ideal for professional" use, which is only available because they don't want to screw over old users, and may not add new features or even patch bugs for free users in the future, then you and I have different views on professional use.

I'm also using everything for free. Mailgun is free, Gmail is free, Slack is free, LibreOffice is free, and my setup doesn't depend on sympathy from a discontinued service to honor their old members. My service providers are actively developing their services and giving me free access in the hopes that I will outgrow their free services and start paying. I'm already paying for Gmail to increase my quota, and I will pay Mailgun when I exceed their free limits.

Until then, they have no complaints abouıt me using their free tiers, unlike Google Apps which is actively trying to prevent you from using their free tier, and you are looking for counterfeit ways to circumvent. You don't even have any guarantees that they won't just shut down your account for trying to trick them.

• eJaMHhweJaMHhw Member
    edited December 2017

I had no idea this thread would create so much resistance here. Apologize for the disruption. Carry forward.

• emptyPDemptyPD Member
    edited December 2017

im interested too. lets get back to the main goal of the thread

Thanked by 1Radi
  • @eJaMHhw said:
    Well you have effectively shifted the focus of this thread essentially destroying it. But modified legacy subscriptions are usually left alone. I'm personally aware of many subscriptions that were modified without issues.

And I agree there are many alternatives to Google Apps but those options once again are not ideal for what we are doing. For what you're doing they might present a viable alternative. With all respect - I'm not dictating what services you should use but it sure looks like you're trying to dictate which ones I should.

First, you addressed all of us as 'kids' with your supposed whining thread. Hmm.. that's contradicting. By the way, adults don't whine, they find solutions and not whine.

Wait, you are new on LET, you created a new account. Welcome to LET!

Just in case you do not know, trying to get that method public is essentially killing free legacy subscription.. you are doing more harm than good, if you can't afford $5 to pay for domain change, that's where i would suggest follow what @Harzem suggested, find other similar service that is free that could replace what you can't afford.

Based on previous experience, some 'hero' decided to publish the API method that is working for free legacy, it went viral.. everyone using it, and the next day, google disabled the API for free legacy.

Thanked by 2MasonR klikli
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

#free_tier_dicks

Thanked by 1quick
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2017

@eJaMHhw Thank you for the thread. If you find anything more I would love it if you PM me your discoveries. Can also give you my email. I am very interested in whatever you discover related to the method!

• HarzemHarzem Member
    edited December 2017

eJaMHhw said: But modified legacy subscriptions are usually left alone.

We all know how companies keep supporting their legacy products indefinitely. "Legacy product" means they don't offer it anymore, they don't want you to use it, and they may remove it at some point. Try moving a whole company away from google apps, it's not easy. Trying to use an unsupported service using trickery isn't a long term investment, it's gamble.

You want email addresses in your domain name? Use google apps legacy, the worst that can happen is they shut it off someday and you lose some convenience.

You want to manage an organization with collaboration tools and administrative access and all that fancy "professional" stuff? Use tools that are not expired and actively supported. What you are trying to do is similar to using a nulled whmcs. You can play with a nulled whmcs on your local machine for personal stuff, but you throw the words "professional" and "organization", then either pay for whmcs or use another alternative.

eJaMHhw said: I'm personally aware of many subscriptions that were modified without issues.

Well I didn't die today. I may be immortal.

We all love bargain offers. We get whatever we can on black friday. I personally got some $0.99 domain names from namecheap, and a $12/year VPS with 1 Gb ram from @AnthonySmith.

If he offered free servers, I sure as hell would have grabbed a few of those as well. If someday he decided he would no longer offer new free servers, but keep existing free servers online, I would still keep my free server.

But I sure as hell wouldn't try to hack his billing system using obscure APIs and try to transfer other people's unused free servers to my own account and hope he doesn't notice. An "unused free server" isn't something to steal from him, it's not "restoring value to the free servers". It's just a product he doesn't offer anymore and being able to get one because I discovered a software bug in his company's API system doesn't mean I should get one.

You are only trying to hack the google apps system because you know they won't notice and they won't care enough to check every account. It's like stealing from a rich person's pocket change. You know they won't notice, but you and I have different views on whether it is still wrong or not.

I also do not understand the providers here who try to join in. I'm sure they wouldn't be happy if I hacked their billing system and got myself a free server. Just because I can do it, doesn't mean I deserve to keep it. @WSS you are my moral compass, tell me if I suck at this!

• @Harzem said:
    You are only trying to hack the google apps system because you know they won't notice and they won't care enough to check every account. It's like stealing from a rich person's pocket change. You know they won't notice, but you and I have different views on whether it is still wrong or not.

I like you.

• WSS said: I like you.

Ahaha, see my edit to the previous post (last paragraph)!

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

@Harzem said:

WSS said: I like you.

Ahaha, see my edit to the previous post (last paragraph)!

lololol. "Do not steal". It's not that hard to follow. :D

Even if you do have a sliding moral compass, $5/mo really isn't much money. Hell, I probably spend that much on kleenex. If you can't afford it, and absolutely NEED it, contact the company if you are using it for education. They'll probably be more than happy to assist.

If you need it for business, and can't afford it- you suck at business. Get a job.

Edit: Nice sig.

• needavpsneedavps Member
    edited December 2017

I guess I'm the only one who uses zoho alternative here?
    If I outgrow zoho or there is no longer a free alternative than I would just setup a mail server. Honestly how much email you getting that you need to get a gsuites account? I keep getting locked out everytime i use a vpn or get some stupid ip while connecting online.

• eJaMHhweJaMHhw Member
    edited December 2017

Screw it.

You guys win.

Thread edited and I'm out.

• @eJaMHhw said:
    I had no idea this thread would create so much resistance here. Apologize for the disruption. Carry forward.

It's called an alternative. Don't put all eggs in one basket and you may find other options that you are resisting to.

• @eJaMHhw said:
    That's interesting but not exactly ideal for professional use and not really the answer I am looking for. Might be helpful to others though.

A free gapps account isn't really ideal for professional use either.

Thanked by 1WSS