Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aruba Changes: DC4(FR) and DC5(DE) now at 1€ - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aruba Changes: DC4(FR) and DC5(DE) now at 1€

Comments

• @WSS said:

@angstrom said:
    Oh, wait, are you saying that I might not get my coupon?! I was really looking forward to it, a coupon to try the €1/month plan for two months free before making this my main VPS! What a disappointment. I'm still hoping that Aruba will text me at any moment with the crucial coupon code, I keep looking at my phone, I don't know whether I'll be able to sleep tonight ... :-(

Be strong, buddy. Don't get all melty over this.

imagine what he will do if it was a her.

• @WSS said:

@angstrom said:
    Oh, wait, are you saying that I might not get my coupon?! I was really looking forward to it, a coupon to try the €1/month plan for two months free before making this my main VPS! What a disappointment. I'm still hoping that Aruba will text me at any moment with the crucial coupon code, I keep looking at my phone, I don't know whether I'll be able to sleep tonight ... :-(

Thanks, man, for the moral support. I was planning to see my psychologist this week, we were going to talk about my crayons, but I think that the Aruba coupon is more important!

• @ehab said:

@WSS said:

@angstrom said:

Maybe it is a her!

• @ehab said:

@WSS said:

@angstrom said:

DID YOU JUST ASSUME THE VPS' SEX!?

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • i meant if it was about a real girl waiting for he call.... yep, i remember those blue pasy times

• @ehab said:
    i meant if it was about a real girl waiting for he call.... yep, i remember those blue pasy times

Maybe a real girl at Aruba will text me the coupon code.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

@ehab said:
    i meant if it was about a real girl waiting for he call.... yep, i remember those blue pasy times

You wore pasties? Kinky.

@angstrom said:

@ehab said:

Maybe a real girl at Aruba will text me the coupon code.

Try code: 1RLGRL4U.

Thanked by 2tarasis angstrom
  • hey @angstrom good luck with her :)
    @WSS , it was typo - past

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @ehab said:
    hey @angstrom good luck with her :)
    @WSS , it was typo - past

Past her what?

• "i remember those past blue times"

• Pabst Blue times?

YOU DAMN HIPPY!

• Thanked by 2angstrom hahanas
  • That's actually some pretty awesome chill music. Cheers!

Thanked by 2ehab hahanas
  • I need a voucher code did someone have to send me? pm :)

• picked up a 1Eur Paris one : listed on TWO(2) spam lists including SORBS.

Guess it's an haproxy/nginx instance or cancel.

• ummmm .... reminding myself "never attribute to malice what can be explained by attempted over-engineering" as I ran the gauntlet ... to finally come out the other side with the €2 credit and a €1/m instance in FR1. Cost a not insignificant amount of time and self-respect in addition to another 1€ via paypal to reach this (somewhat dubious) LET "achievement unlocked!" holy grail.

Note - giving myself serious bonus points for remembering to check paypal subscriptions after the deed was done. Sure enough, somehow managed to activate recurring/automatic billing despite leaving the auto-topup "option" off when ordering.

Now fresh off the rollercoaster of their ordering ... process I guess you could call it ... and feeling just a bit queasy, perplexed and giddy from the experience of #WINNING a game of three-card monte dealt by a bedazzled robot deep in the throes of some brutal round-the-clock hustle.

The vm seems nice enough though. I like the vm. Maybe that's all that really matters.

• Today, I finally received my coupon code (for €2 credit), so the system seems to work in this regard.

• @uptime said: to finally come out the other side with the €2 credit and a €1/m instance in FR1. Cost a not insignificant amount of time and self-respect in addition to another 1€ via paypal to reach this (somewhat dubious) LET "achievement unlocked!" holy grail.

Do you need to add (at least) €1 to your account, or was it voluntary? I mean, would it have been possible to use the €2 credit without adding any funds?

• @angstrom said:

@uptime said: to finally come out the other side with the €2 credit and a €1/m instance in FR1. Cost a not insignificant amount of time and self-respect in addition to another 1€ via paypal to reach this (somewhat dubious) LET "achievement unlocked!" holy grail.

Do you need to add (at least) €1 to your account, or was it voluntary? I mean, would it have been possible to use the €2 credit without adding any funds?

To my knowledge you should be able to use the credit without adding funds, but i guess it could have been some way of vaguely verifying to prevent people getting the credit and being dicks with the VPS.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2017

@angstrom

would it have been possible to use the €2 credit without adding any funds?

Probably some way if someone cares to delve into the details of their cookies and urls - but as for a straightforward click-through path, I could not find any way past the €2.79 or whatever it is which moots the €2 account credit ... Spent much time ensuring I was in the correct datacenter tab, pulling up price lists, feeling my bait-and-switch bile rising, setting the whole deal aside for a good while ...

Came back to find the clear path through just clicking the obvious flow like any weary, wary goober would at that point in the game. But by the grace of Emma Watson, the spirit of LET guided my hand to leave the default minimum topup at €1, and reminded me to check for pre-auth paypal subscription fuckery in the aftermath. Somehow that sent me through to the €1 pricing though.

Wishing you much luck in finding the true Free or at least cheap path to that €1/m ...

• @uptime said: @angstrom

would it have been possible to use the €2 credit without adding any funds?

Probably some way if someone cares to delve into the details of their cookies and urls - but as for a straightforward click-through path, I could not find any way past the €2.79 or whatever it is which moots the €2 account credit

So, if I've understood well, you did manage to get the €1/month pricing, right? (As opposed to the €2.79/month pricing.)

By the way, you may have a literary vein. :-)

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2017

@angstrom - Yes, I was able to get the €1/m 1 GB RAM / 20 GB SSD in FR1 by following flow from the https://www.arubacloud.com/ front page on which that price was advertised. This path fed through a top-up page which I previously avoided (sending myself down path that led to the €2.79 pricing). I was pleasantly surprised to see the €1/m price after passing through the top-up page by paying a €1 troll toll. Ultimately iinspiring some literary exuberance to memorialize the occasion ;^)

• @angstrom said:

@uptime said:
    Ultimately iinspiring some literary exuberance to memorialize the occasion ;^)

Are you two gonna fuck, or what? I ain't got my dick out here for nothing!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • He said "vein" ... heh.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @uptime said:
    He said "vein" ... heh.

Subscribed.

Thanked by 2uptime MikePT
  • @WSS said:

@angstrom said:

@uptime said:
    Ultimately iinspiring some literary exuberance to memorialize the occasion ;^)

Are you two gonna fuck, or what? I ain't got my dick out here for nothing!

Put it back in!

It was only a first date.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • blame it on Aruba

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Goddamn Italians always giving me blueballs.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @uptime said:
    blame it on Aruba

Aruba brings people together.

Thanked by 3uptime WSS MikePT
  • Aruba is the Bermuda Triangle of LET.

Thanked by 2Maounique MikePT