Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggest me an alternative for TeamViewer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggest me an alternative for TeamViewer

because it shows me this everytime i use it

i am only using it for personal things like helping friends.Is there a way to fix this ? i tried reinstalling but it didnt fix it.

And Do you know any alternative for TV ? Which is free for personal use ?

is LogMeIn similar to TeamViewer ? if you know any other software thats easy to setup and use like TeamViewer.If yes , please tell me.

Dont suggest me Remote Desktop Connection and UltraVNC or other "VNC's"

and i use windows on PC

Thanked by 1amychang

Comments

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I've gotten that once and I just emailed them explaining that I was helping my friend and they removed the block.

For alternatives there is join.me.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

logmein is free for 10 pcs, used to be unlimited, however, it needs to be installed.

• edited September 2013

There's Logmein or Hamachi.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

FUCKING THANK YOU! Been looking for MONTHS for something like SC. I modified a TightVNC 1.x server just to make 1/4 of SC greatness.

Will test tonight :D

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @netomx did you were able to test it?

• I sometimes use http://www.crossloop.com/

Thanked by 1dnwk
  • xethostxethost Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

Teamviewer alternative: https://join.me/

or

Solve TeamViewer “Commercial Use Suspected!” Problem:

1. First Close Teamviewer, if it is running.

2. Click on Start –> Run –> type %appdata% –> delete TeamViewer folder

3. Delete registry folder: hkcu/software/teamviewer and hklm/software/teamviewer

4. Restart your Teamviewer and you should get a new ID and also should solve the “Commercial Use Suspected” problem.

Thanked by 2webcraft mehargags
  • I use this sometimes join.me its more presentation use though

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I use Mikogo everytime I need to fix my mom's computer :-) It's free.

• ShowMyPC

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • I prefer RealVNC+VPN.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@thekreek not yet

• Believe it or not, Google Hangouts is pretty good for remote computer support with the remote desktop app they have.

• Ammy Admin is pretty nice, but I also had that problem with the commercial use issue. I sent them an email and, even though they respond slow, they stopped that message from popping up.

• @rahulks said:
    because it shows me this everytime i use it

i am only using it for personal things like helping friends.Is there a way to fix this ? i tried reinstalling but it didnt fix it.

And Do you know any alternative for TV ? Which is free for personal use ?

is LogMeIn similar to TeamViewer ? if you know any other software thats easy to setup and use like TeamViewer.If yes , please tell me.

Dont suggest me Remote Desktop Connection and UltraVNC or other "VNC's"
    and i use windows on PC

I´ve registered here only to say that this problem (“Commercial Use Suspected!”) happened to me too, this week...

Since I began using TeamViewer 3, I used LogMeIn and a lot of other tools, but LogMeIn offered poorer service and features, upgrade after upgrade. TeamViewer was something unstable in the first releases, but corrected the bugs and stabilized after each upgrade. Until release 6-7 was Ok and no more problems (like this “Commercial Use Suspected!”) happened, at reasonable speed and stability. But only recently they came to appear with these stupid "business rule change" and in the beginning of this week (during some remote access) was possible to see that no more than 5 minutes could be possible to stay remote, a very serious problem to someone that used this tool...

Well, for a company that have a lot of persons in the IT area and a large budget, maybe ~$749,00 could be not so expensive, but for someone that should pay your bills every month doing some support, maybe could be not so cheap. Maybe this not passed in the heads of the TeamViewer team, or something like this.

And even when doing some remote support for anyone, I suggested to they use TeamViewer and a lot of these people did so, acquiring a proper license.

But when I started to have serious problems (like this “Commercial Use Suspected!”) I restarted immediately to research again and found this post. I noted the impcremote suggestion and started to test it, but stopped these tests after noting a serious unstability (VNC based features, mouse movement, lack of PrintScreen of remote desktop to save it, to mention some few problems I encountered)...

Than I started to research again and after some hours and being very tired to continue, I´ve found Remote Utilites (http://www.remoteutilities.com/) and gave a last try. Only used RUT (Remote UTilities) agent and the portable viewer and I was very impressed with the stability and useful features, to mention some of them:

• Was possible to aggregate all remote desktops in only one console, using tabs;
    • Was possible to reconfigure the remote agent, restart it and reconnect again;
    • Was possible to see that even when using Agent, the process is simple and stable;
    • Was possible to put in some hosts, without limitation of number of these hosts;
    • Was possible to use tabs including in the File Transfer window, to reference other folders from/same or different places;
    • Was possible to access the remote command prompt locally, from the remote host;
    • Was possible to reconnect automatically, when some connection problems happened;
    • Was possible to use it´s own repeater (free self-hosted firewall bypass server you can install on your premises; the trial version of Remote Utilities also works with GMS);
    • All of these features and others, without painfull process and at lower cost: $29,95 per computer (also exist other types, too)...

Well, fortunately these TeamViewer "business rule change" produced a good result, being possible to find another stable product for a better price.

Please help me and other unfortunate TeamViewer users by propagate that this other tool (Remote Utilities) is a good and viable replacement to maintain remote help and help TeamViewer to reduce their servers workload and user base, from 100.000.000 to near 3 or 4 users, around the entire world, giving back to them a correct answer for their stupid "business rule change"...

HTH.

Thanked by 1pcan
  • Sbleck,

My name's Conrad, I'm from Remote Utilities. Just wanted to thank you for the kind words and also invite everyone to download and use Remote Utilities. The program is free for personal use, no traffic limitations, no nagging windows.

Also, if anyone has any questions about the program feel free to ask them here. It will be my pleasure to answer them.

• Nomachine is nice too :P (and FAST!, i used it on instable UMTS connections with minimal lag)

• Just use VNC

• @TheRedFox said:
    Nomachine is nice too :P (and FAST!, i used it on instable UMTS connections with minimal lag)

Maybe:

"
    All products of the NoMachine for the Enterprise range are available as evaluation software without registration for 30 days, and install with all corresponding features available with the exception of H.264 support. This will be activated upon purchasing the relevant product. Simply click the download button for the product you wish to evaluate.
    "

---> From $ 794.50 per year...;P

https://www.nomachine.com/comparison-enterprise-server-products

HTH.

• @BuyCPanel_Kevin said:
    Just use VNC

imPCRemote use VNC internally. Try it and see what I tried to say...

HTH.

• @KyleGN said:
    Ammy Admin is pretty nice, but I also had that problem with the commercial use issue. I sent them an email and, even though they respond slow, they stopped that message from popping up.

I tried Ammyy Admin and have a time limitation for the "free" release...

HTH

• smansman Member
    edited November 2013

Don't know if they have locked it down more but used to be if you changed your MAC address that would get rid of that. Probably because it assigned a new ID.

I've yet to find anything that works as well as Teamviewer and I have probably tried them all. Don't like any of the logmein services.

• I use join.me as another few have suggested. They have some premium features that you have to buy, but you can use it as much as you want without any of this BS commercial use detected stuff. Best of all only the person broadcasting needs to install software. Any viewers or anyone who wants to control the broadcaster view everything in their favorite internet browser.

• There must be a tutorial out there that helps you get rid of that

• ultraviewerultraviewer Member
    edited October 2015

TeamViewer is so expensive, you can use UltraViewer as an alternative software to TeamViewer. UltraViewer is easy to setup and work well like TeamViewer but absolutely free.

• @ultraviewer said:
    TeamViewer is so expensive, you can use UltraViewer as an alternative software to TeamViewer. UltraViewer is easy to setup and work well like TeamViewer but absolutely free.

thank you for your valuable comment on a 2 year old post

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Chrome Remote Desktop is pretty impressive and convenient to use.

• I actually got mad at all the costs so I started using simplehelp at simple-help.com it is much more better than teamviewer on the fact pay once and don't pay again and I got the simplehelp people to help me out by dropping their 1 session license to $250 and I love their support(especially since they are so willing to drop prices for you.) you only pay once for the license and you won't have to pay again though if you want new releases you can get a extension of your support for another year for $60(it says $64 but when I got mine it said $60 and they was so helpful on creating a link for me to purchase my renewal this year for $60 not $64.)

people say go with screenconnect but I looked at screenconnect but they wasn't as helpful as the simplehelp people even though there in a different timezone I consider them still the best.