Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[removed] - Apple Webkit Crash Code (rant)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[removed] - Apple Webkit Crash Code (rant)

RaymiiRaymii Member
edited September 2013 in General

Your apple browser is now dead. (iPhone, Safari, Mac OS X). Except for firefox.

Seriously Apple? First the "file:///" crash, now this? ("سمَـَّوُوُحخ ̷̴̐خ ̷̴̐خ ̷̴̐خ امارتيخ ̷̴̐خ " - https://zhovner.com/tmp/killwebkit.html)

I have one client (graphic design boutique, or whatever, all hipsters with Macs), one of the CEO's kids thought it would be funny to send that to the entire company via the mailing list, and via his Dad's account also approve the mailing... And he texted + whatsapped it to every company contact. So I now have a few people whom's iPhone cannot use the text or whatsapp application (it crashes on open), and luckally I with my (superior) linux machine could fix everyones email (Maildir ftw) but still...

I'm not pleased by this.

Comments

• Yeah so put it in the title, that's pretty darn smart

• So that's what the title of that one thread by the fail person was (the one that edited their shit to null or something)

• It's over. Apple's literally finished.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited September 2013

LOL! That's what you get for buying over-priced, somewhat older hardware with a nice design.

Never judge a book by it's cover!

And yes, I'm literally shocked that this "kills" applications.

• @mpkossen said:
    LOL! That's what you get for buying over-priced, somewhat older hardware with a nice design.

Never judge a book by it's cover!

And yes, I'm literally shocked that this "kills" applications.

I'm on a work mac right now, using Macmail, guess what? My own topic kills Mac Mail... Also thunderbird, Safari, but not Firefox...

If you send the above characters to someone with an iPhone via text sms or whatsapp, they will not be able to use, send or view texts until apple fixes the bug. Nice if you have two factor SMS authentication...

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Happened to me with my dad's iPhone. I needed to open another webpage, then close the kill tab

• Confirmed this today, tested with a friend's iPhone 5. Kills the SMS app but we managed to fix it @raymii You just have to send yourself a lot of text messages (from another phone) to make the string disappear above. Then you'll have enough time to delete that message before the app crashes again.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Me too, I have received a "fuck you" from a friend :)

• iOS 7 is immune to the bug.

• @JTR said:
    iOS 7 is immune to the bug.

it also looks like it was made for toddlers, disgusting icons, that was like symbolic for iOS...

• I'm still rocking iOS 5.1.1 on my IPhone. Considering updatin to 6.1.3 as soon a as JB is out though.

• @Frost said:
    it also looks like it was made for toddlers, disgusting icons, that was like symbolic for iOS...

I disliked it at first, but after using it for a few months I'm starting to like the UI. There's some pretty terrible changes, but there's a lot of sensible ones, and the OS needed a redesign.

• c0yc0y Member
    edited September 2013

@JTR said:
    I disliked it at first, but after using it for a few months I'm starting to like the UI. There's some pretty terrible changes, but there's a lot of sensible ones, and the OS needed a redesign.

No it did not :x

it seems they feel obligated to innovate to ugly stuff when other big companies like microsoft do so

• Using iOS 7 right now, I really like it so far. Needs some adjustments but it's overall pretty good.