Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OSX VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OSX VPS

xaitmixaitmi Member
edited November 2017 in Requests

Hi,

I need a low spec VM running OSX.

Purpose is to run this script https://github.com/shusain93/Andromeda-iMessage

Basically let's me use iMessage on my Android.

I have the script running on my MacBook now but I don't want to leave it on 24/7.

Does any provider here offer OSX?

Comments

• There are plenty, but the fact that the build script is a BATCH FILE tells me it's likely to be able to build this on a non-OSX system.

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited November 2017

@WSS said:
    There are plenty, but the fact that the build script is a BATCH FILE tells me it's likely to be able to build this on a non-OSX system.

It uses the "Messages" app which is built into OSX for iMessage so it wouldn't work since you can't get iMessage on non Mac system

• @WSS said:
    There are plenty, but the fact that the build script is a BATCH FILE tells me it's likely to be able to build this on a non-OSX system.

(cough) Windows

• I didn't actually audit the code.. just the build and execution. It seems odd that there'd be a batch file to call it on a Windows system for debugging without an iMessage compatible system unless it was just for some basic API logging.

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

@xaitmi said:

I have this running personally on my ESXI box, but i'm curious as well if anyone offers this due to the weird requirements of having to run it on apple hardware....

• @mmuyskens said:

@xaitmi said:

I have this running personally on my ESXI box, but i'm curious as well if anyone offers this due to the weird requirements of having to run it on apple hardware....

Back when they were PPC- yes.

• Cheaper to get used iPhone...

• lionlion Member
    edited November 2017

Keyweb comes to my mind but i think they will be a bit overkill for your purpose

https://www.keyweb.de/en/products/mac-os-x-server/mac-mini

• You can't do this on a VPS without host access as you need to edit/add flags.
    See: https://github.com/kholia/OSX-KVM/blob/master/boot-macOS.sh

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

WSS said: the build script is a BATCH FILE

WSS said: I didn't actually audit the code

It's Java. The .bat is just the Windows-specific startup (to set the environment, etc.) There's also a .sh startup.

Looks like a way to have a proxy running to access iMessage on non-Apple devices, which sounds very brittle. But I suppose if your hot girlfriend uses an iPhone, it's the only way to send her dick pics.

xaitmi said: Does any provider here offer OSX?

Here? No. You're going to pay a lot more than $7/mo for an OSX VPS, as I suspect you've discovered...

• not to mention you'd need to find a provider happily willing to violate multiple tos/eula for your dick pics

OP, what specs and at what price were you looking for?

• Hey guys I no longer need this.

Managed to buy a old MacBook air with a broken screen for $50 on Craiglist. set it all up and it's good to go running in my basement.

I would switch to iOS but Android is so much better and the notification system on iOS is horrendous.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

xaitmi said: iOS is horrendous.

+1

I'll give you $75 for the broken Air.

• @mmuyskens said:

I'll break wind on your face for no charge whatsoever.

Thanked by 1ehab
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:

@mmuyskens said:

I'll break wind on your face for no charge whatsoever.

Sounds like we got ourselves a deal.

• @CConner said:

+1

Not when you’re a complete introvert and loner. You’ll get like... 0 messages. 24/7.

• @doghouch said:

@CConner said:

+1

Not when you’re a complete introvert and loner. You’ll get like... 0 messages. 24/7.

Stop talking like I am not here or outside you go!

Thanked by 1CConner