Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oneprovider -- super slow network after CyberMonday
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oneprovider -- super slow network after CyberMonday

Hi,
anyone able to access OneProvider control panel? Can't seem to be able to.. things are not loading.

Comments

• This has nothing to do with the recent holiday. They're shit on a good day. What's happening is that their control panel front end to the service they've resold you is likely timing out.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @WSS said:
    This has nothing to do with the recent holiday. They're shit on a good day. What's happening is that their control panel front end to the service they've resold you is likely timing out.

Thanks chief can you look at ticket #412804 its my response to using 18TB in a week

Thanked by 1Lee
  • the bad thing is the promote all location is available on their cloud VM but after you pay for it voila, not all location is available. SG is one of them. They are like Vultr in a different outfit

• @corbpie said:

@WSS said:
    This has nothing to do with the recent holiday. They're shit on a good day. What's happening is that their control panel front end to the service they've resold you is likely timing out.

Thanks chief can you look at ticket #412804 its my response to using 18TB in a week

lol

Thanked by 1netomx
  • It's not just the CP. I can't make 'outgoing connections' from my VPS (which is a proxy, and hence needs to make outward connections)

• Most locations are now showing as 'try again later' or 'better luck next time'.

@drakula said:
    the bad thing is the promote all location is available on their cloud VM but after you pay for it voila, not all location is available. SG is one of them. They are like Vultr in a different outfit

• regarding oneprovider stuff - did anyone try to use 4.9+ kernels on their VPSes? mine has crashed during boot with weird 'reboot required' message.

PS. yes, their network is terrible. I observed 66% packet loss last weekend.

• I didn't see any refund option :( I guess I should write it off then.

• @elos42 said:
    I didn't see any refund option :( I guess I should write it off then.

Open a ticket explaing that you only bought the service for location x which is not available and thus you require a refund

• I was gunning for Singapore. Since that wasn't available, and Tokyo was, I clicked on Tokyo too, but this is what it says 'Because of the way our OneCloud plans are split across different host nodes, it is currently impossible to create a VM of this plan in this location. You may try again later.'

I am assuming if I'd bought a 1 GB instance, I might have got it in Tokyo.

• @elos42 said:
    I was gunning for Singapore. Since that wasn't available, and Tokyo was, I clicked on Tokyo too, but this is what it says 'Because of the way our OneCloud plans are split across different host nodes, it is currently impossible to create a VM of this plan in this location. You may try again later.'

you can open a ticket asking for refund. they are clearly can not anticipate the sudden increase of orders or may be one of their strategy that users may select least crowded location when the desired location is full. not for me though.

• @mikewazar said:

@elos42 said:
    I didn't see any refund option :( I guess I should write it off then.

Open a ticket explaing that you only bought the service for location x which is not available and thus you require a refund

^^^This. I had to do it a few times as locations filled up. I am just a customer with numerous locations; no other relationship to them.

@elos42 said:
    I was gunning for Singapore. Since that wasn't available, and Tokyo was, I clicked on Tokyo too, but this is what it says 'Because of the way our OneCloud plans are split across different host nodes, it is currently impossible to create a VM of this plan in this location. You may try again later.'

Yes, this is code for "you didn't buy an expensive enough instance" ...... some of them required at least Plan 03 for the instance to get created in certain locations. Last year you could get "exotic" locations (like SG) with just Plan 01.

• OneProvider is a meme provider, steer clear.

• got SG in $2.5 plan . so it should be out of stock or low in stock for now

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

they sold a dedi with 24.99$ with gbit port, unmetered.

So yea, what do you expect? :D

• Yeah, the deals were eyepopping. Didn't know the service would be eyewatering. But I'm willing to give them a couple of days to settle down though.

@Neoon said:
    they sold a dedi with 24.99$ with gbit port, unmetered.

So yea, what do you expect? :D

• It is called a saleshow! Works when its time to buy, then they go on vacation for a year to spend what you donated.

• At least your VM got deployed

Thanked by 1WSS
  • oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

LOL

• elos42elos42 Member
    edited November 2017

Just wanted to update -- their control panel is now starting to work, after remaining unresponsive. I was able to deploy a VM in netherlands. Of course, it's not where I want to deploy the server, but at least, I am able to deploy one somewhere on this earth.

• They are upgraded their website. Parts of the panel were due to be upgraded too. Maybe something to do with that.