Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something wrong with FortaTrust
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Something wrong with FortaTrust

WARNING, STAY AWAY, CRAZIEST ATTITUDE !
Today i receive a mail with legal details about a debt of U$27 with FortaTrust ?!?!

Dear Alejandro Carrasco,

Please be advised that the undersigned represents FortaTrust USA Corporation (“FortaTrust”) in connection with your delinquent debt arising from 530477 which was generated on 08/02/2013. As a result of your failure to tender payment in accordance with the terms set forth in the FortaTrust Service Agreement, your account has been assigned to this law firm for collection.

THIS IS YOUR FORMAL NOTICE THAT DEMAND HAS BEEN MADE UPON YOU Alejandro Carrasco TO PAY YOUR OUTSTANDING DEBT IN THE AMOUNT OF $27.36 WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS OF YOUR RECEIPT OF THIS COMMUNICATION. YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS DEMAND WILL RESULT IN YOUR ACCOUNT BEING ADDED TO BOTH YOUR PERSONAL AND CORPORATE CREDIT REPORTS (EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN, CIBL, CreditInfo and TRANS UNION), AS A TERMINATED ACCOUNT DUE TO INSUFFICIENT FUNDS WITH YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION AND MAY RESULT IN THE INSTITUTION OF LEGAL PROCEEDINGS AGAINST YOU.

This guys go very wrong, i remeber a sign up there but no more, i just add a warning here.

They sign the mail with :

Please govern yourself accordingly.

Amazing!.

Comments

• Welp, I'll guess we'll see you on http://www2.fortatrust.com/blacklist/

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

LOL

Please google fortatrust, and you'll know

• @netomx said:
    LOL

Please google fortatrust, and you'll know

Ok, this is for grown their balance sheet as company. close to scam.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I'm not sure what country you are from and I'm only aware of U.S. laws in relation to credit ratings, but if they told me that they'd sold some made up debt to a collection agency I'd immediately contact a lawyer. That craps sticks with you for years.

• mtoledocemtoledoce Member
    edited September 2013

@jarland I don't know how i can go on now :) ... but trust me, the system is very the same around the world.

• "Something wrong with FortaTrust". Wrong! EVERYTHING is wrong with FortaTrust.

Thanked by 1Saiku
  • We seriously need a LowEndLawyer.

• @Magiobiwan said:
    We seriously need a LowEndLawyer.

I thought that's the main output of the US lawyer market.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@rds100 said:
    EVERYTHING is wrong with FortaTrust.

I was just gonna say that.

• Forward that to fortrust lol maybe they'll seize their domain for looking too much like theirs.

• @jkr1711 said:
    Welp, I'll guess we'll see you on http://www2.fortatrust.com/blacklist/

Wow, that's depressing "Page 1 of 30" lol

• Anyone ever ddosed them?

• If they ever send me to a creditor they'll end up with a lawsuit so fast their head will spin.

• @BlueVM said:
    If they ever send me to a creditor they'll end up with a lawsuit so fast their head will spin.

I see you're mentioned on there

• @Iniz - Yeah they're lucky I don't sue them for that...

• If anyone ever read FortaTrust AUP, the following interesting notice about cancellations should have rung an alarm:

1. You must provide your cancellation notice 31 days prior to the renewal of your next term.

Simply stated: you can't cancel your month-to-month services without paying for one more month. And if you refuse, cough -

The Company may temporarily deny service or terminate this Agreement upon the failure of Subscriber to pay charges when due. Such termination or denial will not relieve Subscriber of responsibility for the payment of all accrued charges, plus reasonable interest and any collection fees.

Next time, before ordering anything from them, make sure you've read all the legal docs in full.

• @Master_Bo Sorry you are a ignorant in law matter. The contracts do not only need to be in writing to be valid, remember this when you sign any really important obligation.

• @mtoledoce said:
    Master_Bo Sorry you are a ignorant in law matter. The contracts do not only need to be in writing to be valid, remember this when you sign any really important obligation.

"Legals docs" - AUP/ToS posted on their site. Looks like "legal docs" means something written on paper to you?

Next time, when you do not understand what exactly is said, feel free to ask to elaborate prior to making personal statements.

In any case, that doesn't change anything: their AUP makes it imposible to cancel monthly services without paying one month extra.

• Oh god! just read yourself. Maybe sound rude with you but when someone try to defend something like that is a little intolerable to me.

Tip : The AUP/ToS can be modified anytime.

pd. I don't know when paper appear?!

• @mtoledoce The infamous "31 days before..." statement is there for quite a long time.

Why do you think I am trying to defend FortaTrust? What I was saying, actually, was to read ToS/AUP/other legal stuff and avoid company if there's something dubious/strange. And if you didn't pay attention to all the terms, well, I only can tell I sympathize with you.

IMNSHO, FortaTrust should be avoided, end of story.

• Next time, before ordering anything from them, make sure you've read all the legal
    docs in full.

hmm?

But anyways you don't need read all stuff to be safe about abusive clause. In the past this was too much common. "Stupid Methods" was a tag i use to this because they can't be serious. They send this kind of mails but can't collect by law in the real world.

I post this as hilarious and was treated well by the rest here.

• Another funny thing is their live chat.. There will be always one person waiting before you, and they will be chatting forever with him/her.

• @peppr And who are you in that photo?

• @mtoledoce said:
    peppr And who are you in that photo?

which photo?

• @peppr said:
    Another funny thing is their live chat.. There will be always one person waiting before > you, and they will be chatting forever with him/her.

@peppr ... in your description of the situation.

• @mtoledoce said:

I dont get you, Please PM me with more details. Thanks

• @peppr ... very cool. Don't be intruder when you don't have opinion.

• @mtoledoce said:
    peppr ... very cool. Don't be intruder when you don't have opinion.

lol

• @Master_Bo said:
    Simply stated: you can't cancel your month-to-month services without paying for one more month. And if you refuse, cough -

That's illegal, consumers can cancel at any time BEFORE renewal if it's a contractless month-to-month agreement.

Regarding the blacklist, that's illegal too:

Publishing the consumer's name or address on a "bad debt" list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Debt_Collection_Practices_Act (under "Prohibited conduct")

• @Frost said:
    That's illegal, consumers can cancel at any time BEFORE renewal if it's a contractless month-to-month agreement.

Exactly (I am no lawyer, but I consulted one). I wonder when someone launches a proper legal action.