Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Plugin needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Plugin needed

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello,

We have a new project (for the Portuguese market) that's about selling Bulk SMS packs. We'd like to do it using WHMCS for the convenience, and integration, as we can also sell other services such as SMTP Relay, however, I need it to be like this:

Customer orders a 1000 SMS Pack. Credits should be pushed from my supplier's API to his WHMCS account, in the service description. If the SMS credits expire, it should display a notice and preferably a button for the SMS Packs so they can order credits.
The goal here is to avoid ordering multiple products. Imagine a client orders a 1000 SMS pack per month, in a year he will have 12 packs in his account. Terminated products and such, we just want to do it simple:

All clients order either SMS Packs or SMTP Relay. The SMTP Relay is covered in full, however, we're trying to have a single Product displayed in "Services", and show the credits there / ability to pay for products that add credits there.

Dunno if anyone here is getting my point, but, as long as we have a WHMCS plugin dev here, he should get it. Or I'll try to explain further.

Comments

• I think I know. What you want is a product that enables the user to manage their SMS credits within the product's management page, correct?

Within the product management page I assume you'll want to allow top ups which renew the expiration date of the previous topup credits.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, what's your budget?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2017

@FlamesRunner said:
    I think I know. What you want is a product that enables the user to manage their SMS credits within the product's management page, correct?

Within the product management page I assume you'll want to allow top ups which renew the expiration date of the previous topup credits.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, what's your budget?

Something like that, but more simple though. It'll probably only get a single credit information from the API. Although can be expanded a bit. No set budget, trying to get some offers, and think about this together with an interested programmer to set a proper quote.

Note that the SMS panel is a completely independent panel, so yeah, not much here to do, shouldn't be a complex module. But, still, want to do it properly, and need some help to do it, :-)

• @MikePT

Just out of curiosity: The panel is run by another company, and when a customer purchases credits from you, you want it to call the API to transfer X credits to their account?

• @FlamesRunner said:
    Just out of curiosity: The panel is run by another company, and when a customer purchases credits from you, you want it to call the API to transfer X credits to their account?

Ain't no sale like resale!

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2017

@FlamesRunner said:
    @MikePT

Yes, correct. Even manual crediting would be ok.

@WSS said:

@FlamesRunner said:

Ain't no sale like resale!

You are aware its like VoIP, close to all companies are just resellers, right...?

Volume makes pricing.

You could also buy close to all hw directly from the brands than from the resellers/suppliers...

• @MikePT said:
    You are aware its like VoIP, close to all companies are just resellers, right...?

I don't even know what half of these acronyms are!