Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPv6 Question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPv6 Question

forumsukforumsuk Member
edited November 2017 in Help

I have this in my VPS

2xxx:92x7:e:6x9::/64

How do I add additional ip6 addresses? I mean what do I need to put in the empty box next to the IP address to be able to add new one (SolusVM)
Thanks

Comments

• /64 (so-called "CIDR notation") means your "prefix length" is 64 bits, i.e. the first 64 bits of your address spaced are fixed. You are free to choose the remaining 64 bits (128 bit IPv6 address length minus 64 bit prefix) as you see fit.

Some software will have four separate input fields (4 hexadecimal digits = 32 bits per field), with the : separators already prespecified (2xxx:92x7:e:6x9:[ ]:[ ]:[ ]:[ ]). In that case, you might have to fill all fields (with a 0 if nothing else).
    In other implementations, you just get a single field (2xxx:92x7:e:6x9:[ ]). Here you have to enter any required colons yourself — even the second colon of :: if your final address is supposed to look like 2xxx:92x7:e:6x9::f00 (:: can be used to replace the longest sequence of zeroes in the address).

Thanked by 1forumsuk
  • Click Network. Click Manage. Add :1 or :2. There's your new IPv6 address routed to your VPS.

Thanked by 1forumsuk
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

Best to use :2. :1 is frequently used for gateway.

Thanked by 1forumsuk