Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does re-seller hosting work?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How does re-seller hosting work?

partymongerpartymonger Member
edited November 2017 in Help

Hi, I've been hosting my own stuff for static websites, but things are getting a little messy with wordpress etc and i'm thinking of getting a reseller account instead for these.

I was curious as to how reseller hosting with cpanel etc works. I know that for each of the clients I can make a separate account, but how does the payment work from these clients? Or does it have to be separate.

Is there a way where i can fix a price and they get reminder emails few months before and can pay easily without my intervention? Just looking to save time and effort here with difficult clients..

Ps- While we are at it, suggest some good options for reseller hosting. TIA

Comments

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited November 2017

It doesn't work. And remember, you get what you pay for.

Consider installing Virtualmin on a VPS and playing around with it to understand the concepts.

• @cheapwebdev said:

Consider installing Virtualmin on a VPS and playing around with it to understand the concepts.

Id rather install ISPConfig or VestaCP (the latter if it has to be very easy & straight forward). Though nothing wrong with getting a reseller either :P

Thanked by 1Jorbox
  • moving from a normal account to a reseller is a good step
    next step will be a vps ,, and then a full server ,,,
    you need a billing script like blesta or whmcs to create user accounts and invoices

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • ReformHostingReformHosting Member
    edited November 2017

Hello Sir,
    Reseller Hosting provides you the authority to serve Shared Hosting Services from One Single Control Panel. You can start your own shared web hosting provider company by purchasing White Label Reseller Hosting and can do full branding of your web hosting.

• @ReformHosting said:
    Hello Sir,
    Reseller Hosting provides you the authority to serve Shared Hosting Services from One Single Control Panel. You can start your own shared web hosting provider company by purchasing White Label Reseller Hosting and can do full branding of your web hosting.

Anymore advertisement links you want to include?

• reformhosting is scam / spam / garbage shit host. desperate and sad. @reformhosting

• @ReformHosting said:
    Hello Sir,

Four words, fuck off.

• partymongerpartymonger Member
    edited November 2017

@Jorbox said:
    moving from a normal account to a reseller is a good step
    next step will be a vps ,, and then a full server ,,,
    you need a billing script like blesta or whmcs to create user accounts and invoices

Already have a VPS, and two dedis. Just need something simpler

• @Ympker said:

@cheapwebdev said:

Id rather install ISPConfig or VestaCP (the latter if it has to be very easy & straight forward). Though nothing wrong with getting a reseller either :P

I tried Vests in 2015 I think. Is it better now? Handles billing?

• Jorbox said: you need a billing script like blesta or whmcs

Why do most hosts use the latter?

BTW, do someone knows if there are any free / open sources alternatives worth trying?

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited November 2017

double post

• No it does not do billing.

• HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

Whmcs is king for reselling hosting because its cpanel module is very complete and suitable for newbies.

Blesta is a bit tougher as you can only login to cpanel itself from client area. Its a lot cheaper tho if u have many clients to use blesta.

Free alternatives are box billing and another that I can't remember but people tend to recommend paid solutions, I have not used any free solutions so far.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited November 2017

@datanoise said:

Jorbox said: you need a billing script like blesta or whmcs

Why do most hosts use the latter?

BTW, do someone knows if there are any free / open sources alternatives worth trying?

Boxbilling

But if you can afford it, go for paid solution. The cheapest one is blesta. Most host use WHMCS because the same reason why most host use cpanel

Thanked by 1datanoise