Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linux & VPN's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Linux & VPN's

On the never ending learning road that is Linux today I've decided to look into VPN's and Ubuntu (big mistake!).

I've got two DO droplets, one running openvpn and then trying to connect the second server to it, as expected once it connects I lose connection to the second server.

Does anyone have a good guide which can show me what iptable rules I need to enable on the first server so that I can connect to the second server once it's connected to it? I'm assuming something like NAT?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Your first machine needs to push routes, or you need to make a private network among them.

It'll look like this server side:

server 10.0.1.0 255.255.255.0
    push "redirect-gateway def1 bypass-dhcp"

• @WSS said:
    Your first machine needs to push routes, or you need to make a private network among them.

It'll look like this server side:

server 10.0.1.0 255.255.255.0
    push "redirect-gateway def1 bypass-dhcp"

If it pushes the route does that mean all standard connections will go the server VPN'ing to it instead of the actual server?

• What? That's from the VPN server side- how to use the VPN server as the virtual gateway.

If the intention is only to get two machines to talk to each other over a VPN, you only need to configure them both in the same IP space of a private network.