Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About TurnkeyInternet.net Black Friday offer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About TurnkeyInternet.net Black Friday offer

Hello,
Did anyone buy servers from TurnkeyInternet Black Friday https://turnkeyinternet.net/blackfriday/ ? Is their service good and reliable?

Comments

• If you want to pay ~$200 if you get a ddos then sign up. They will lock your account when they need money and say that you have been ddosed. I have faced a nightmare before some years.

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited November 2017

I have been a happy customer of their Black Friday 2015 server. Uptime has been great, I have not experienced any issues like this. I once had an issue with the disk: the issue was quickly resolved.

• @wlambrechts said:
    I have been a happy customer of their Black Friday 2015 server. Uptime has been great, I have not experienced any issues like this. I once had an issue with the disk: the issue was quickly resolved.

really! ... may i ask for cp screen shot?

Thanked by 1WHT
  • I just register on their cloud its 30d free trial. Lets see.

• 100$ for IP blacklist 125$ per hour to investigate.
    250$ by DDoS. 85 p/hour to investigate.

fuck this company.

• @ehab said:

@wlambrechts said:

really! ... may i ask for cp screen shot?

Instead of making a screenshot and removing IP addresses etc I can tell that the control panel is rather limited (at least for the Black Friday server I have): there is an option to go into rescue mode (never tried it), reboot the server, request cancellation, info on the next invoice due date and network configuration settings.

Then of course there are options to open a support ticket, an overview of your past invoices etc ...

• @perryoo11 said:
    100$ for IP blacklist 125$ per hour to investigate.
    250$ by DDoS. 85 p/hour to investigate.

fuck this company.

Is there anyone here that had to pay such an amount without being at fault ?

• @wlambrechts , you are the first to say normal things about them... all what i read is not good... anyway if you are happy than that what counts. if they are good then there should be + reviews and reality tells different.

• @ehab said:
    @wlambrechts , you are the first to say normal things about them... all what i read is not good... anyway if you are happy than that what counts. if they are good then there should be + reviews and reality tells different.

I also read the bad reviews. I honestly can say I never experienced anything negative for as long as I have been a customer. And no: I am not getting paid by them in any way for sharing my experience.

• i never mentioned you are being paid by them.

• @ehab said:
    i never mentioned you are being paid by them.

No, I know ... But I just anticipate that someone else would accuse me of this (happened to me in the past :-)

• A friend of mine had a server with them and it was fine and dandy. Great price, reasonably good network connectivity but those terms that state they can charge $250/ddos and $125/hr it goes on for is kind of worrying to possibly be hit with should someone want to piss you off...

Thanked by 1chrisfe
  • @IThinkUFailed said:
    A friend of mine had a server with them and it was fine and dandy. Great price, reasonably good network connectivity but those terms that state they can charge $250/ddos and $125/hr it goes on for is kind of worrying to possibly be hit with should someone want to piss you off...

Then why not put a cheap DDOS protected VPS in front of it ?

• @wlambrechts said:

@IThinkUFailed said:
    A friend of mine had a server with them and it was fine and dandy. Great price, reasonably good network connectivity but those terms that state they can charge $250/ddos and $125/hr it goes on for is kind of worrying to possibly be hit with should someone want to piss you off...

That wouldn't stop people from looking up their IP ranges and picking a random target on that list. If it was done infrequent enough they would get charged and have no option but to pay up.

If you're hosting a DDoS magnet you just don't host anywhere without at least some mild protection.

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited November 2017

@IThinkUFailed said:

@wlambrechts said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

That wouldn't stop people from looking up their IP ranges and picking a random target on that list. If it was done infrequent enough they would get charged and have no option but to pay up.

If you're hosting a DDoS magnet you just don't host anywhere without at least some mild protection.

True, but then the DDOS attack is not directed towards your server (chances are more IP's will be hit) and I do not believe turnkey will then blame you.

And then it is not because your server is a DDoS magnet as traffic will be directed to your DDOS protected VPS in front of your server

• @wlambrechts said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@wlambrechts said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

True, but then the DDOS attack is not directed towards your server (chances are more IP's will be hit) and I do not believe turnkey will then blame you.

And then it is not because your server is a DDoS magnet as traffic will be directed to your DDOS protected VPS in front of your server

If they do it very infrequently and randomly there's a very high chance they will still blame you.

The very obvious pros are pretty good hardware for the money.

The cons are very clearly the expensive fees if anything should happen. Some crazy Terms of Service like using greater than 10% of your allocated network results in throttling.

I'm glad you like their service but I personally wouldn't sign up for someone who has very restrictive terms of service and some very high fees if you do happen to get hit with a DDoS.

• @IThinkUFailed said:

I'm glad you like their service but I personally wouldn't sign up for someone who has very restrictive terms of service and some very high fees if you do happen to get hit with a DDoS.

This. Plus there's better hosts to pick for what they're charging. They're cheap but deals like these are not uncommon.