Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PPTPD VPN - Same config works on one VPS, other VPS stops forwarding traffic within 30 sec.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PPTPD VPN - Same config works on one VPS, other VPS stops forwarding traffic within 30 sec.

dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
edited February 2012 in General

Both VPSs are Hostigation KVM VPSs, one in LA, one in NC. The LA VPS has no issues, but the NC VPS stops forwarding traffic within 30 seconds of connecting. This happens on my Mac and linux server.

Comments

• Wasn't going to post this since my experiences with the new owner are less than pleasant but...

I'm having the same problem in general with regular tunneling via my Charlotte node as well. Loading a page via tunneling takes anywhere from 10 seconds to upwards of 2 minutes.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited February 2012

@dmmcintyre3 said: The LA VPS has no issues, but the NC VPS stops forwarding traffic within 30 seconds of connecting.

both KVM?

Well duh, you already said that, and the only diff between LA and Charlotte is LA runs 6.1 Vyatta while Charlotte is running 6.3

• @miTgiB said: both KVM?

Yes

• Things do seem to be working fine tonight though. I;m not seeing any sort of delay that I was seeing earlier today. Was having Connection Errors and all that.

• Asking Caro if they have any filters in place on their router I do not know about, cuz honestly Los Angeles and Charlotte have the exact same config on the router I run, yes small version diff, but the only filtering I do is port 25 outbound when you get a spam compliant.