Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THE BLACK FRIDAY PROVIDER AWARDS 2017
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

THE BLACK FRIDAY PROVIDER AWARDS 2017

NekkiNekki Veteran
edited November 2017 in General

The BF leaderboards went a little bit wrong this year (combination of not enough sleep and too much alcohol), so instead I thought that this year we would celebrate the providers who gave us all these ludicrous plans to buy with the inaugural BLACK FRIDAY PROVIDER AWARDS!

These awards have been voted for by a jury of LET members, old and new.

Our first award is the BLACK FRIDAY MVP - this is for the provider who made the biggest difference on the day, and made the biggest effort TO BRING THE DEALZ.

And the winner is....... INCEPTION HOSTING (@AnthonySmith) - deals all day long, beating other providers deals, creating custom deals - Ant did all these things.

Our runner-up here was Virmach (@Virmach) - the revolving door of crazy deals rolls on.

Next up is the PLAY OF THE GAME award, for the best single offer of Black Friday. This is for the deal that made us all cry WTF before realising it was an INSTABUY.

This award goes to...... Secure Dragon (@Kujoe) for the insane $18/y Deadpool special. Truly the spirit of LET Black Friday in a single offer.

We were unable to choose just one runner-up for this category, so it's shared between Clouvider (@Clouvider, for the 2x256NVME £30 server) and Virmach (@Virmach, for the incredibly silly $2/month KVM)

Our final award is for BEST NEWCOMER. This is for new provider, participating in their first LET Black Friday and knocking it OUT. OF. THE. PARK.

This was a very close category, and in the end, we just couldn't separate two of the challengers....so we have a TIE FOR FIRST PLACE! So congratulations to both VMHaus (@VMHaus) and FlowVPS (@Trewq) for getting involved right from the start of festivities!

An honourable mention goes to Netcup for their insane deals - they may not be part of the community here, but they certainly helped fuel the fun.

Finally, thank you to my fellow judges, @WSS, @Harambe, @Falzo, @Lurch, @Imok and @Tom for helping to judge these awards, all the other providers who brought out offers, and to everyone who joined in the thread, bought shit and made it SO MUCH FUCKING FUN.

Comments

• TomTom Member
    edited November 2017

I'm sure I speak for everyone here; THANK YOU NEKKI

• Just realised the formatting didn't tag the providers, so @AnthonySmith, @Virmach, @Kujoe, @Clouvider, @VMHaus, @Trewq.

Thanked by 3imok vmhaus Clouvider
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

Thank you, all providers, for doing your all to replace the crease marks into our wallets, and remove it from the front of our trousers!

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Nekki said: Our final award is for BEST NEWCOMER. This is for new provider, participating in their first LET Black Friday and knocking it OUT. OF. THE. PARK.

This was a very close category, and in the end, we just couldn't separate two of the challengers....so we have a TIE FOR FIRST PLACE! So congratulations to both VMHaus (@VMHaus) and FlowVPS (@Trewq) for getting involved right from the start of festivities!

It was one to remember that is to be sure. We do owe you one, so feel free to pop open a ticket and I'm sure we can give you a thank you

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Thanks guys! It was loads of fun! I'm already prepping for next year.

@trewq said:

Next year?! There's Monday yet!

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@vmhaus said:

@trewq said:

I'll have something for Monday it just won't be as crazy. Next Black Friday I expect to rock the house.

Congrats on the draw by the way :)

Thanked by 2vmhaus tridinebandim
  • @trewq said:

Don't you know about "Cyber Monday"?

• My first Black Friday here at LET (been a long time lurker at LEB though), and what a pleasant surprise the "BLACK FRIDAY: LET'S ALL GO BROKE EDITION" thread was.

The LET highlight of the weekend for me was this post that made me laugh out loud:

Thanks guys! :)

Thanked by 1Asim
  • @trewq said:

Psst. Monday is not that far away..

@vmhaus said:

@trewq said:

NOW THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

• Questionable calls. Panel more corrupt than FIFA

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • corbpie said: Questionable calls. Panel more corrupt than FIFA

Someone ban him fast before he exposes everything.

Thanks providers, thanks @Nekki for running CAPSLOCK THREAD!

• @corbpie said:
    Questionable calls. Panel more corrupt than FIFA

I am NOT the reason for Virmach's listing twice.

Thanked by 2ehab Falzo
  • Thank you all!

There is not a craziness category, but sure @virmach wins with the weird deals.

Also, notice 4/6 providers are not from US, keep that in mind for the incoming cyber Monday deals :D

@WSS said:

@trewq said:

Psst. Monday is not that far away..

@vmhaus said:

@trewq said:

NOW THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

We had a ton of stock left before we started. Then one of our devs on Friday afternoon asked if we should get a spare node just in case. We've about filled the stock from before. Monday should put the spare node to use if you are hungry enough.

@trewq said:

@vmhaus said:

@trewq said:

I'll have something for Monday it just won't be as crazy. Next Black Friday I expect to rock the house.

Congrats on the draw by the way :)

You too! Glad to see NVMe can make it "down under"

• it was really nice, and special thanks to WSS for a surprise pm this morning.

Thanked by 2WSS bugrakoc
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@ehab

Welcome to the VirtualMachine. :D

For everyone else PM'd (and scrolled right)- you done missed out!

@Nekki- you were a hell of a host, as always.

If you find my underwear, give me a tinkle!

Thanked by 2ehab Nekki
  • just thank YOU :-)

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • hmmm netcup was good

• Everything was great, even I bought 3 from the winner and one from the runner. :D

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited November 2017

Totally agree with your list, though I'd like to add that it was nice to see @veesp coming back!

It was good fun anyway!

Thanked by 3WSS Saragoldfarb Nekki
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thank you for your great service to the community @Nekki :)

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @Nekki Thanks for all the time you put in. Besides getting great deals out of it I had a lot of fun as well. Cheers!

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • Thank you @Nekki for spending your time organizing the black friday threads! It was fun :D

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • Cool list :D

I hope they can give some offers again in christmast :D

• _Nic_Nic Member
    edited November 2017

@AlexBarakov 's offers were good.
    @Virmach 's Amsterdam location deals were good too, but I have so much of Virmach.
    @Abdullah 's 8$/yr NVMe was perfect.

Thanked by 2datanoise Harambe
  • _Nic said: @Abdullah 's 8$/yr NVMe was perfect.

Indeed. Didn't last long but very nice deal!

• @Nekki next time separate providers by location. Maybe in the next fucking black friday create 2 threads. One for occidental and another for oriental. You get it right? Yeah ok thanks.

Thanked by 2Frecyboy Nekki
  • @Hxxx said:
    @Nekki next time separate providers by location. Maybe in the next fucking black friday create 2 threads. One for occidental and another for oriental. You get it right? Yeah ok thanks.

Thanks for going out of your way to shit on every one of the 14,032 Black Friday threads this year!

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • No problem, is my duty. But I'm talking to the real thing aka @Nekki . You are kind of the imitation of it* , is like 4 inches vs 10 inches, that might get you a better picture.

Love you, just kidding...

@WSS said:

@Hxxx said:
    @Nekki next time separate providers by location. Maybe in the next fucking black friday create 2 threads. One for occidental and another for oriental. You get it right? Yeah ok thanks.

Thanks for going out of your way to shit on every one of the 14,032 Black Friday threads this year!

This discussion has been closed.