Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server Required
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server Required

Hello i need a dedicated Server with
Processor is not a big deal E3 will be fine
32GB RAM
512GB HDD SSD (RAID MIRROR)
100Mbit connection (1G preferred)
Free OS installation (Preferred IPMI)
budget around $40/mo

Server should be provided also with private network as i am going to order 2-3 more servers per month and need them connected internally without bandwidth calculation.
Server usage will be building LABS for Training
Provider should give at least 5 days trial to measure the performance of machines and network

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2017

Good luck finding it with such small budget. You are asking for 2 500GB SSD, E3 and 32GB RAM. For $40 USD.

Edit: And private network. And 5 days trial. No, unfortunately no one will get you that.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @MikePT how much you think we should add. i said around $40 also this will not be a heavy traffic servers

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

I know this is LET, but totally unrealistic price expectations.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Hmmmm, I'm sure @Clouvider can meet your needs, just not price. He shouldnt be a million miles or dollars away.

• DaTa said: give at least 5 days trial

You could maybe negotiate a 5-7 day paid test.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2017

@DaTa said:
    @MikePT how much you think we should add. i said around $40 also this will not be a heavy traffic servers

First of all, not many providers are willing to do trials, since you can pretty much test the network using Looking Glasses, other than that, you may be able to find a provider with hourly billing, not sure if that'll work (the risk is quite high, considering you can just burn the full bw / IP's), I'd say to double it, at least, don't know if that'll be enough.

Bandwidth isn't the issue, specs are, considering you budget.

• @GTHost is offering a $5 trial.

• @qps said:
    I know this is LET, but totally unrealistic price expectations.

then how much?

• @vmhaus said:
    Hmmmm, I'm sure @Clouvider can meet your needs, just not price. He shouldnt be a million miles or dollars away.

let' see if they can do?

• @MikePT said:

@DaTa said:
    @MikePT how much you think we should add. i said around $40 also this will not be a heavy traffic servers

First of all, not many providers are willing to do trials, since you can pretty much test the network using Looking Glasses, other than that, you may be able to find a provider with hourly billing, not sure if that'll work (the risk is quite high, considering you can just burn the full bw / IP's), I'd say to double it, at least, don't know if that'll be enough.

Bandwidth isn't the issue, specs are, considering you budget.

Actually i can try with VPN that's fine for me .. nothing public over here just give me the ability to download some files to build the lab nothing to burn IPs
    i just need to ensure there Specs is fine and HDDs as this is intensive labs
    Any how thanks for advice but no one told me what should be the budget?

• @WSS said:
    @GTHost is offering a $5 trial.

i am requesting free trial or paid after service satisfaction , it could be over VPN

• soyoustart i7-ssd-1-32 : i7-4790k, 32GB RAM, 2x 240GB SSD, 33€

• @DaTa said:

@WSS said:

i am requesting free trial or paid after service satisfaction

You're indirectly stating that you have no actual intention of finding a provider, and just want free resources to abuse for a week. Got it.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @WSS said:

@DaTa said:

@WSS said:

i am requesting free trial or paid after service satisfaction

You're indirectly stating that you have no actual intention of finding a provider, and just want free resources to abuse for a week. Got it.

What resources to abuse?!!! really don't get it am even requesting that the provider give me access to it using VPN so what i am abusing!!
    so from your experience how you are evaluating your providers?

• delivereath said: soyoustart i7-ssd-1-32 : i7-4790k, 32GB RAM, 2x 240GB SSD, 33€

First month only.

• @_Nic said:

delivereath said: soyoustart i7-ssd-1-32 : i7-4790k, 32GB RAM, 2x 240GB SSD, 33€

First month only.

How much after? also do they offer trial?

@DaTa said:

@_Nic said:

delivereath said: soyoustart i7-ssd-1-32 : i7-4790k, 32GB RAM, 2x 240GB SSD, 33€

First month only.

How much after? also do they offer trial?

No trial and certainly no private network or any customisation.

Thanked by 1DaTa
  • "I want a free dedicated machine for a week. I refuse to pay to see if it fits my needs. If I like it, I want more with a completely free private network."

Keep alluring those providers!

• @WSS said:
    "I want a free dedicated machine for a week. I refuse to pay to see if it fits my needs. If I like it, I want more with a completely free private network."

Keep alluring those providers!

First this have not answered my question so what is your strategy to test the providers?!
    Second yes i will need private network as i am willing to roll out 1-3 servers more every month what is wired here?
    Some one here is trying to build labs to train people .

• delivereathdelivereath Member
    edited November 2017

@_Nic said:

First month only.

30% discount on a year but not recurring I guess.

• What's the point about the private network ? Just set a VPN up.

• @delivereath said:
    What's the point about the private network ? Just set a VPN up.

Because we are rolling out huge network devices inside the servers so 1 server will not fit to the big network
    for example imagine in CCIE you are simulating 20 Routers per student not all routers will be on the same servers that's why we need private networking that's it:)

• @delivereath said:

He doesn't want to pay for the bandwidth or interconnect. See above.

• @WSS said:

@delivereath said:

He doesn't want to pay for the bandwidth or interconnect. See above.

Again not a matter of Payment but a matter of VLANS and trunking .
    could you please stop accusing people !
    thanks

• you can get a 14 day trial at hetzner with their auction servers

• @elofty said:
    you can get a 14 day trial at hetzner with their auction servers

Thanks for the info will have alook

• delivereath said: on a year

It isn't 33EUR

• @DaTa said:
    Again not a matter of Payment but a matter of VLANS and trunking .
    could you please stop accusing people !
    thanks

No. You're a cheapass, and I'm not done calling you out on it. Should you find a provider on LET and actually pay them for service, I will happily rescind my comments.

Thanked by 1estnoc
  • @WSS cheapass people think every one is like them. :)
    and by the way you have not told me again your strategy for selection or you don't have one !

Again,

you won't find providers doing this usually. Up the budget, be willing to pay to test and am sure you'll have a lot more offers.