Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scaleway: Working Prepaid Credit Cards?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Scaleway: Working Prepaid Credit Cards?

Hi All

Im interested in a Scaleway Offer. Searching with google tells that they only accept Credit Cards. Pre Paid Credit Cards seems to be a Problem.

Has anyone experience with Scaleway and Pre Paid Credit Cards?
Witch one works?

thanks

Comments

• I paid with a prepaid mastercard just fine throughout the kidéchire lifetime

• I think many gift credit cards don't support '3D secure' that Scaleway requires, which is why it fails. Interestingly, gift cards generally work at Online.net.
    (sorry don't have more of an answer)

• Use to work with Online.net so should work with its other service as well.

• If you purchase a "Registered" Gift Card (One you add a name/phone number to), they work pretty much everywhere. Generic "Recipient" gift cards don't usually work with security measures, as mentioned above.

• Just wanted to report that Visa prepaid card purchased in store does not work "3D Auth failure". AdvCash cards used to work, but now they are gone since WaveCrest discontinued their services. We have to see maybe SpectroCard or the new AdvCash cards will work.

• GodsGods Member

Scaleway and Online.net doesn't accept Prepaid cards. It says it in their FAQ. They require 3D secure authentication, which prepaid cards don't have.

• it does not work , i had tried entropay and other visa gift cards also asked from support and they said they dont support it.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Neteller works fine.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2018

Gods said: They require 3D secure authentication, which prepaid cards don't have.

Debit cards do have it, though. So it's not necessary that you need a credit card (with all the associated complexities and hassle) to use Online.net.

• Entropay works fine for me at scaleway

• There is no such thing as a Prepaid Credit Card; you could either have a credit card or prepaid debit card. You might have a secured credit card, but that is not a prepaid credit card.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • Revolut works for me.

• If your card has 3D secure do you need to give them ID?

• bapbap Member

pre paid cc?

is it on visa/mc network? yes : no;

• What type of prepaid card have you tried to use? Some of the prepaid cards that are sold are for "electronic use only" and can therefore not be used online to make purchases.

• @Prime404 This is not true at all. „Electronic use only“ only means that the card can not be used with old offline retail terminals. These card work fine on the internet.

• @farnox said:
    @Prime404 This is not true at all. „Electronic use only“ only means that the card can not be used with old offline retail terminals. These card work fine on the internet.

That's not always true, many of the cards that are for "electronic use only" have other restrictions such as the lack of support for online transactions. That's at least what I've observed when buying prepaid cards that are commonly sold in "7-Eleven" styled shops.

Though, some cards that have the "electronic use only" label may work online, but that can't be said about all those type of cards.

• @Prime404 said:

@farnox said:
    @Prime404 This is not true at all. „Electronic use only“ only means that the card can not be used with old offline retail terminals. These card work fine on the internet.

That's not always true, many of the cards that are for "electronic use only" have other restrictions such as the lack of support for online transactions. That's at least what I've observed when buying prepaid cards that are commonly sold in "7-Eleven" styled shops.

Though, some cards that have the "electronic use only" label may work online, but that can't be said about all those type of cards.

How...? If it’s electronic use only, it should support online transactions. If it didn’t, what would the point of having the card be anyway?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2018

doghouch said: If it’s electronic use only, it should support online transactions. If it didn’t, what would the point of having the card be anyway?

"Electronic use only" means it doesn't have the number and your name emboseed on it (only laser engraved or whatever), so it can't be used with the old fashined imprinters. You can use the card in shops which have magnetic stripe or chip (if it has one) readers only.

And yes chances are huge that such cards also don't work online. It's not inherent to that label, just that often it's another restriction they will have. And possibly those are of some lesser known payment system (e.g. Maestro) as well, so your target website may not support that entirely.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • WHTWHT Member

Am using revoult with them and its working.

• They accepted my prepaid card for the few initial months, then they started to deny it.

• AidanAidan Member

Scaleway actively monitors & blocks prepaid cards, if you mention a working card here - chances are good it'll stop working in a couple of weeks.

• I used entropay for about 6 months after that i just got a bank issued mastercard

• lbftlbft Member

dedipromo said: There is no such thing as a Prepaid Credit Card; you could either have a credit card or prepaid debit card. You might have a secured credit card, but that is not a prepaid credit card.

You know very well that they mean a prepaid Visa/Mastercard card, so why bother nitpicking?

• Neteller.com is accepted there

• @FoxelVox said:
    Neteller.com is accepted there

Confirm. Net+ Prepaid Mastercards (physical cards) are accepted.
    No experience with Neteller's virtual cards.

• @alfinderau said:

@FoxelVox said:
    Neteller.com is accepted there

Confirm. Net+ Prepaid Mastercards (physical cards) are accepted.
    No experience with Neteller's virtual cards.

vcc works for me too

• GodsGods Member

@rm_ said:

Gods said: They require 3D secure authentication, which prepaid cards don't have.

Debit cards do have it, though. So it's not necessary that you need a credit card (with all the associated complexities and hassle) to use Online.net.

Far as I know, debit cards are not prepaid cards. Debit cards are linked to a checking account and have 3D secure. Prepaid cards are not linked to any banking accounts and do not have 3D secure.