Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nodes for TOR
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nodes for TOR

asvasv Member
edited November 2017 in Requests

To support the BlackFriday spirit, I'm looking for VPS (or cheap dedicated) for Tor relays and exits. Consider this a hobby.

Please respond here or PM me with the following:
+ Plan details, location, price per month, contract length.
+ If exit is allowed or relay only.

Have fun.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Just remember to avoid the largest bubbles in https://metrics.torproject.org/bubbles.html#as
    which are OVH, Online.net, Hetzner and DO.

• @rm_, thanks for the reminder. Exactly the reason of this thread - to spread network across more ASNs. Current OVH domination is a bit disturbing.

• JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

We are located in the Isle of Man - relays are okay, but we don't allow exits.

VPS starts from £5/month at https://www.netcetera.co.uk/cloud/

Thanked by 1WSS
  • VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

We have a 50% OFF with code: blacknovember this is for all VPS plans: www.vpsslim.com
    Do you have specific specs in mind?

• @JSCL, £5 (~6.6$ USD) isn't exactly a LET offer... What's the host node configuration?

• I would recommend you to not host an exit

Thanked by 2doughmanes WSS
  • @VPSSLIM, do you allow exit nodes?

• Welcome back

Thanked by 1WSS
  • Hosting an Exit for Tor ? Are you crazy or just stupid ? OMG.....

Thanked by 1srvjap
  • JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

@asv said:
    @JSCL, £5 (~6.6$ USD) isn't exactly a LET offer... What's the host node configuration?

We aren't in an easy location for hosting at LET prices.

Host nodes 2xE5-2650v4, 128GB+ RAM & 4xSSD in RAID-10.

• Please don't cause any providers trouble at this time. They're busy at the tickets and can't take a abuse notice. Just run relays only..

• @Edmond, thanks for heads-up. I'm playing nice and asking about exit policies upfront.

• @JSCL said:
    We are located in the Isle of Man - relays are okay, but we don't allow exits.

VPS starts from £5/month at https://www.netcetera.co.uk/cloud/

I get service from you. I am running as Exit Node. You do not know about this. LOL...

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited November 2017

Get a VPN sherlock, be a man.

• FlokiNET has 10% off

• Why the fuck would even what to host a Tor relay only retards use Tor anyway.

• @quick said:
    Welcome back

I was expecting to see you here.

• @WSS said:

@quick said:
    Welcome back

False alarm, confirned by my intel.

• @quick said:

@WSS said:

@quick said:
    Welcome back

False alarm, confirned by my intel.

Well FUCK. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE EXITS!

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

What's the biggest risks hosting exit nodes?

• @randvegeta said:

Prison?

• @randvegeta said:

There are some "best practices" for hosting both relay and exit nodes; this FAQ explains those practices and gives you some idea of the risks:

https://www.torproject.org/eff/tor-legal-faq.html.en

Thanked by 1rm_
  • randvegeta said: What's the biggest risks hosting exit nodes?

Bunch of guys in suits showing up unannounced at the DC and start grabbing hardware after the warrant is thrown on the desk of the DC guy

• user54321user54321 Member
    edited November 2017

@doughmanes said:

randvegeta said: What's the biggest risks hosting exit nodes?

Bunch of guys in suits showing up unannounced at the DC and start grabbing hardware after the warrant is thrown on the desk of the DC guy

They normally just grab HDDs in Countries which are not well educated (germany or so), in normal countries they just give a fuck, because they know, they wont find anything on a Tor node. Legal trouble normally don't occure if you are from EU, NA. If you are from China, Iran Turkey, Russia, whatever, expect death or life time in prison.

• The provider is fucked if you run exit in a third world country.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Be a real man and host an exit node at your home.

Thanked by 1inklight
  • @stefeman said:
    The provider is fucked if you run exit in a third world country.

pushing 100-300 TB on a gig line in a third world country will be so expensive that nobody will attempt it anyway.

• user54321 said: They normally just grab HDDs in Countries which are not well educated (germany or so), in normal countries they just give a fuck, because they know, they wont find anything on a Tor node.

Speaking from experience so not sure where you're going with that.

• user54321user54321 Member
    edited November 2017

@doughmanes said:

user54321 said: They normally just grab HDDs in Countries which are not well educated (germany or so), in normal countries they just give a fuck, because they know, they wont find anything on a Tor node.

Speaking from experience so not sure where you're going with that.

What country do you speak about?

In FR and NL i got just letters from authorities asking to identify connections (while they kept the servers online) which is impossible, in germany they seized the HDDs of the Server and i got a invitation to my local police station for interrogation. They dropped the case every time after the first talk.