Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

M247.ro domain offer lifetime how is that possible?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

M247.ro domain offer lifetime how is that possible?

Can someone explain to me how it is possible 32eur lifetime domain?

https://www.m247.ro/portal/cart.php?a=add&domain=register&language=english

Comments

• You can't. They changed the rules, and it's no longer a lifetime domain. I'd avoid that business.

Thanked by 2MasonR proxima
  • @WSS said:
    You can't. They changed the rules, and it's no longer a lifetime domain. I'd avoid that business.

Thx sir

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

It's possible if you plan to deadpool

• it was one time payment for all .ro domains but from march next year the national entity (rotld) will pass to a early fee.

• this deals was shared on a topic i cannot find now, where i said this was dodgy. ro nic changed the rules and still advertising like this is very smelly. with this lifetime deal, you will get 5 years of registration, which is still not bad for the price, but a lie is a lie.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2017

@SplitIce said:

I'm sure the company pulling in 7 8 figures isn't deadpooling anytime soon :-)

Thanked by 2Zerpy pike
  • @Rhys said:

@SplitIce said:

I'm sure the company pulling in 7 figures isn't deadpooling anytime soon :-)

OVH

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Since 2000 or even before, they kept warning they may change the policy.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited November 2017

Of course it is possible. Did they say the life time of what ? Maybe it's the life time of their dog, or chicken , or bull, or their policy.

• @kerouac said:
    this deals was shared on a topic i cannot find now, where i said this was dodgy. ro nic changed the rules and still advertising like this is very smelly. with this lifetime deal, you will get 5 years of registration, which is still not bad for the price, but a lie is a lie.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2494715/#Comment_2494715

A chunk of the deals from the list are from companies with less than stellar reputation, but someone took the time to put one together. In LET-style, people are expected to do their own research. Most one-time payment for lifetime deals involving things that have recurring costs don't end well anyway. If this was supposed to be a loss-leader, it doesn't look like they'll be subsidising the cost down the road.