Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INCEPTION HOSTING - BLACK FRIDAY !NVMe SSD! MADNESS - WIN AMAZON VOUCHERS! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INCEPTION HOSTING - BLACK FRIDAY !NVMe SSD! MADNESS - WIN AMAZON VOUCHERS!

Comments

• GunnaroGunnaro Member
    edited November 2017

@AnthonySmith said:

Gunnaro said: I can't order LES BF Bundle because UK location is out of stock.

Fixed, sorry about that.

Can't access my computer at work, ended up placing an order via mobile network connection and marked as high fraud by Maxmind. Can you help me? Invoice number 53751. Thanks

• @AnthonySmith Is the LES 8€ bundle out of stock? I'm being redirected to Japan server for 1,6€.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

MrPsycho said: @AnthonySmith Is the LES 8€ bundle out of stock? I'm being redirected to Japan server for 1,6€.

5 x 1.6 = 8

:)

You see japan first, its a bundle deal, the servers all need hostnames and passwords set so you do japan first and then when you continue you go to the next server and the next and the nest etc.

• @AnthonySmith said:

xls said: Thanks for the quick answer! I wasn't using a tunnel in my previous order. Anyway, I reordered from a different place and I got another high risk/manual review message. Any ideas?

No idea, set back to pending.

It worked for me. Thanks!
    A friend of mine wanted to also order one and ran into the same issue (order number 2231360603). Can you please unblock it?

• @AnthonySmith Oh crap. Now it all makes sense. Surprisingly I also figured out that 5x1.6=8, but for some reason, I was afraid of continue button. Anyway... Order placed & paid.

xls said: It worked for me. Thanks! A friend of mine wanted to also order one and ran into the same issue (order number 2231360603). Can you please unblock it?

Already done :)

MrPsycho said: @AnthonySmith Oh crap. Now it all makes sense. Surprisingly I also figured out that 5x1.6=8, but for some reason, I was afraid of continue button. Anyway... Order placed & paid.

yeah, the bundle system in WHMCS is pants, its not obvious at all, I have had to say the same thing at least 100 times now. :)

• edited November 2017

Thanks for the coupon: BF2017KVM2048. Just got one. Invoice #6971

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • HarzemHarzem Member
    edited November 2017

@AnthonySmith I got one too. 1GB OpenVZ London. To be used as a personal VPN, because my dear government blocks half the internet if I don't use VPNs. I already have a NAT VPN from you, but I'm looking for a dedicated IP one. I'll keep them both though.

I connected through another personal VPN from France to order, hope I don't get filtered in your fraud prevention. That would be ironic of me.

Anf for the love of dear god, I hope your UK IP range is registered as a UK company, because I'm so tired of seeing websites in French!

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • London ssd-cached openvz & kvm is in Enfield? right?

• @AnthonySmith said:

xls said: It worked for me. Thanks! A friend of mine wanted to also order one and ran into the same issue (order number 2231360603). Can you please unblock it?

Already done :)

Can you please unblock Invoice #53751 too?
    Or do I need to re order?

Arirang said: London ssd-cached openvz & kvm is in Enfield? right?

Yes, NVME Pure SSD is in Telehouse London, but you know, a stone throw away.

Both in Clouviders DC's

Gunnaro said: Can you please unblock Invoice #53751 too? Or do I need to re order?

Done, for some reason MaxMind really hates Indonesia right now.

Thanked by 1Gunnaro
  • No support departments found. Please try again later. - WHat does this mean when trying to raise a ticket?

forumsuk said: No support departments found. Please try again later. - WHat does this mean when trying to raise a ticket?

It means you dont have an active product.

order number? (PM if you want)

• @AnthonySmith Need 2GB VPS with more HDD space! Doesn't need to be NVMe!

efegue said: @AnthonySmith Need 2GB VPS with more HDD space! Doesn't need to be NVMe!

few people have asked, I will put something together as soon as I can.

• More power to this host. All the best. Sadly I have no use of a server now, if not I will definitely sign up

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Gunnaro said: Can you please unblock Invoice #53751 too? Or do I need to re order?

Done, for some reason MaxMind really hates Indonesia right now.

Thanks! That's because some of them are abusers

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @AnthonySmith said:

forumsuk said: No support departments found. Please try again later. - WHat does this mean when trying to raise a ticket?

It means you dont have an active product.

order number? (PM if you want)

Sorry it seems I did not pay for an account and it got suspended which is not an issue. But it is asking to pay for the service plus 2 euro additional charge for some late fee? What is this all about? If a service is not paid, it is suspended and then cancelled. Why charge an additional for late when service is already terminated?

• First NVMe VPS in the UK I have ever leased and the VM feels like it's flyyyyyyyyyying.

Thanks again Anthony.

Looking forward to amazon lucky draw :P

forumsuk said: Sorry it seems I did not pay for an account and it got suspended which is not an issue. But it is asking to pay for the service plus 2 euro additional charge for some late fee? What is this all about? If a service is not paid, it is suspended and then cancelled. Why charge an additional for late when service is already terminated?

The late fee applies when you are over 10 days late and have had 5 reminders, after 14 days your service is terminated, if a service is terminated it is gone, you don't need to pay the invoice either it will be cleaned up on the end year sweep.

The late fee is there because your services have been kept for free without payment instead of using the space for other customers.

caracal said: First NVMe VPS in the UK I have ever leased and the VM feels like it's flyyyyyyyyyying.

Thanks again Anthony.

Looking forward to amazon lucky draw :P

nice one, make sure you set your disk to virtio in solusvm as solusvm defaults to ide for literally no good reason and I quote @OnApp_Terry "by design"

I will be going through and updating the CPU models as well as they also default to "QEMU CPU" in solusvm by design

• caracalcaracal Member
    edited November 2017

AnthonySmith said: disk to virtio in solusvm as solusvm defaults to ide

Thanks for that headsup! I can't be for certain but I think the VM came provisioned with VirtIO for both disk and network.

(Not my first VPS, I have a OVZ with you at UK too.. Maybe it followed the settings of my other VM?)

caracal said: Thanks for that headsup! I can't be for certain but I think the VM came provisioned with VirtIO for both disk and network.

You must have installed from template then, this only impacts people that install from ISO :)

Thanked by 2vimalware caracal
  • It will not offer anything in the US

• Just got one. Thanks @AnthonySmith for these nice offers.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

vanhels said: It will not offer anything in the US

It will on Cyber Monday.

Bonus deal due to demmand:

CODE: BF2017KVM2GBCACHED

UK - DDOS Protected.

4 CPU Cores (Equal Share)
    2 GB Ram - DDR4
    40 GB Disk space - HW Raid 10 SAS + SSD Cache
    2000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared)
    1 x IPv4 address
    1 x /64 IPv6

€24.00 p/YEAR! order link

10 uses or expires midnight on the 27th

• AnthonySmith said: It will on Cyber Monday.

Wait do you mean you're doing NVMe plans in the US on Monday? I've resisted the UK ones (too far away) but might want to try one stateside.

How much difference does the NVMe make compared with regular SSD? Is it noticible? It's usually easy to tell SSD from HDD.

SSD has gotten cheap enough that it would be awesome to have more LES plans with pure SSD, fwiw ;). 2GB would be fine and I imagine doable in the less exotic locations. 1GB is kind of cramped though I understand the necessity in sites like JP.

edited November 2017

@willie said:

AnthonySmith said: It will on Cyber Monday.

Wait do you mean you're doing NVMe plans in the US on Monday? I've resisted the UK ones (too far away) but might want to try one stateside.

How much difference does the NVMe make compared with regular SSD? Is it noticible? It's usually easy to tell SSD from HDD.

SSD has gotten cheap enough that it would be awesome to have more LES plans with pure SSD, fwiw ;). 2GB would be fine and I imagine doable in the less exotic locations. 1GB is kind of cramped though I understand the necessity in sites like JP.

No just SSD cached in the USA.

It is a difference, keep in mind I have a lot of new orders installing and benchmarking right now:

on a test VM:

]# hdparm -tT /dev/vda

/dev/vda:
     Timing cached reads:   29382 MB in  2.00 seconds = 14717.73 MB/sec
     Timing buffered disk reads: 4320 MB in  3.00 seconds = 1439.25 MB/sec

#  dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 0.982326 s, 1.1 GB/s

They are: Samsung 960 Pro, M.2 PCIe NVMe, 48 Layer V-NAND, 3500MB/s Read, 2100MB/s, 330K/330K IOPS

That pretty much destroys traditional ssd's

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • souensouen Member
    edited November 2017

@AnthonySmith Thanks for the offers. Any stock left for the LES bundle please? Just tried to order, the order form gave an "out of stock" error after the JP location, and proceeding to the step right before checkout only shows 4 locations at regular pricing.