Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mxroute outbound offline? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mxroute outbound offline?

2»

Comments

• @jarland said:
    So the solution to preventing this will be monitoring for this type of behavior and automating a cleaning of the exim hints database, I suppose.

Honestly never had this happen before.

I had the exact same issue with exim that it basically got "stuck" this morning - one way to fix it was apparently to just take a single msg and force it, and all others would be OK as well then :')

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2017

@Zerpy said:

@jarland said:
    So the solution to preventing this will be monitoring for this type of behavior and automating a cleaning of the exim hints database, I suppose.

Honestly never had this happen before.

I had the exact same issue with exim that it basically got "stuck" this morning - one way to fix it was apparently to just take a single msg and force it, and all others would be OK as well then :')

In that case I'll share specifics on how I was able to fix it:

Hi Jarland,

Please run the following command in your mail server and try to send mails again.

exim_tidydb -t 1s /var/spool/exim wait-remote_smtp
    exim_tidydb -t 1s /var/spool/exim retry

Regards,
    Swathi Karun
    MailChannels Support

Really glad I approached their support and learned something new about exim today. Never stop learning, I swear.

Thanked by 2Zerpy Squyd
  • It's always something with -t ls.. ALWAYS.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Ew, never got on with Exim. Sendmail all the way.

• @uhu said:
    Ew, never got on with Exim. Sendmail all the way.

Tonight we're going to party like it's 1995.

Thanked by 1Zerpy
  • Yep, as of now emails are working. Thanks for getting it working homie. @jarland

Thanked by 1jar