Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quadhost NAT VPS how to bind the domain name?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quadhost NAT VPS how to bind the domain name?

hxufhxuf Member

Quadhost NAT VPS how to bind the domain name.Via IPV4, not IPV6.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

I guess Cloudflare could help you

Thanked by 1i83
  • @Clouvider said:

I think this is the nicest thing I've seen you post. Are you drunk, Dom?

Thanked by 3Clouvider i83 jetchirag
  • @Clouvider said:

I know, but I want to use Asian CDN. It can only use IPV4.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited November 2017

Haproxy is the only way I know of besides Dom's suggestion.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@hxuf said:

@Clouvider said:

I know, but I want to use Asian CDN. It can only use IPV4.

Check with them if you can define port for origin.

@WSS said:

@Clouvider said:

I think this is the nicest thing I've seen you post. Are you drunk, Dom?

Just tired, I do help people you know ? :-)

Thanked by 1i83
  • i83i83 Member
    edited November 2017

@hxuf said:
    Quadhost NAT VPS

i-83.net is QuadHost's NAT VPS brand.

@hxuf said:
    how to bind the domain name.Via IPV4, not IPV6.

As Dom said; customers would typically use Cloudflare via the dedicated IPv6 addresses/blocks.

We don't offer HAproxy or similar in house on the IPv4 address at this time.

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

@i83 said:

@hxuf said:
    Quadhost NAT VPS

i-83.net is QuadHost's NAT VPS brand.

@hxuf said:
    how to bind the domain name.Via IPV4, not IPV6.

As Dom said; customers would typically use Cloudflare via the dedicated IPv6 addresses/blocks.

We don't offer HAproxy or similar in house on the IPv4 address at this time.

I thought i-83/ quadhost was dead

• @v3ng said:

Nope, very much alive.

• @v3ng said:

They've been back for nearly a week after a long-term haitus.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@i83 said:

@v3ng said:

Nope, very much alive.

Prove it. Fix this:

Please.

• My VPSes were unusable for around a year, now they are back the week all my invoices are do, yeah no thanks.

• @jamespeach said:
    My VPSes were unusable for around a year, now they are back the week all my invoices are do, yeah no thanks.

Really? I didn't even bother to check mine. I had bought a "NAT Bundle" and there was one total host to choose from that barely worked, so I gave up then.

• i83i83 Member
    edited November 2017

@brueggus said:
    Prove it. Fix this:

Please.

I've asked the technical team to check Ticket ID 283461 for you.

EDIT - Technical team have confirmed issue has been passed to @virtualizor team for further debugging as the errors provided are not giving a insight into the cause, nor is this bug affecting other test accounts when the same commands issued.

@jamespeach said:
    My VPSes were unusable for around a year, now they are back the week all my invoices are do, yeah no thanks.

"Unusable"? A few nodes have had short term issues as per the status page updates but they certainly haven't been down or unusable for a year.

@WSS said:
    Really? I didn't even bother to check mine. I had bought a "NAT Bundle" and there was one total host to choose from that barely worked, so I gave up then.

Got a ticket ID so I can have the team take a look at the issues you have faced?

• @i83 said:
    Got a ticket ID so I can have the team take a look at the issues you have faced?

Nothing within the last 7 months, in the very least. I don't think I even saved my login when I gave up LastPass. I'll give it a look.

Thanked by 1i83
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Thank you, they've replied to my ticket. For the future it'd be great if they would reply to tickets without escalating via LET support desk though...

• @i83 said:

@brueggus said:
    Prove it. Fix this:

Please.

EDIT - Technical team have confirmed issue has been passed to @virtualizor team for further debugging as the errors provided are not giving a insight into the cause, nor is this bug affecting other test accounts when the same commands issued.

@jamespeach said:

"Unusable"? A few nodes have had short term issues as per the status page updates but they certainly haven't been down or unusable for a year.

@WSS said:

Yes, they were most definitely down for times longer then "short term".

• @brueggus said:
    Thank you, they've replied to my ticket.

Platform issue has been fixed by @virtualizor, your isolated issue should now be resolved.

@jamespeach said:

Can you PM me your Ticket ID(s) please?

The longest outage we had was when migrations from IN > LDN were underway to retain client data after our upstream vendor cancelled our contract due to the constant DDoS attacks in the unprotected location.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • @i83 said:

@brueggus said:
    Thank you, they've replied to my ticket.

Platform issue has been fixed by @virtualizor, your isolated issue should now be resolved.

@jamespeach said:

Can you PM me your Ticket ID(s) please?

The longest outage we had was when migrations from IN > LDN were underway to retain client data after our upstream vendor cancelled our contract due to the constant DDoS attacks in the unprotected location.

I can when I get home, it was a mixture of offline VPSes and VPSes that we're broken, and the panel to reset them wasn't working.

Thanked by 1i83
  • i83 said: The longest outage we had was when migrations from IN > LDN

That was longer than the DE outage? Kudos, I'm impressed! :)

• @willie said:

That was longer than the DE outage? Kudos, I'm impressed! :)

Actually, I stand corrected. DE stats are archived from our internal monitoring system now whereas IN hasn't been done yet.

DE did take longer to start the migration process due to working with the upstream however once the IN upstream allowed us to pull data with the blocks still nulled to prevent the attack recurring after considering other local options things came back online pretty quickly.

APNIC wasn't too happy after someone alerted them to the space being moved until things were explained.