Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New VPS marketplace website - beta stage - free VPS listing offer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New VPS marketplace website - beta stage - free VPS listing offer

qtriangleqtriangle Member
edited August 2013 in Reviews

Dear Friends,

We have launched a new VPS marketplace where hosts can advertise their VPS plans and users can search for them.

http://www.makemyvps.com

It is in beta testing stage currently.

** Any host putting their VPS plans in beta testing phase will get PREMIUM listing for free forever :) **

We will add more features shortly like reviews, ratings, coupons and more.

Please be advised that it is in very nascent stage right now so some functionality may have issues.
Please be kind to provide feedback constructively.

For any serious issues like security problems you can send me a PM.

Looking forward to participation from all of you.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Not a bad idea, the UI could be better though :)

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited August 2013

Great, I suggested this a few months ago but didn't have the skills to do it myself. Glad someone did it.

• @asterisk14 said:
    Great idea, suggested this a few months ago. Glad someone did it.

@Reece said:
    Not a bad idea, the UI could be better though :)

Thanks. I look forward to make it better and better by encouragement and feedback from all of you.
    Feedback on specific things will help a lot. :) Cheers!!

• serverianserverian Member
    edited August 2013
    < script>document.location.href='login.php'</ script>

Are you serious?

• qtriangleqtriangle Member
    edited August 2013

@serverian said:
    Are you serious?

Will be taken care of. Thanks for feedback.

• @qtriangle said:
    Will be taken care of. Thanks for feedback.

Fixed on test server. This correction will be uploaded and made live tomorrow alongwith few more changes.
    Thanks again for pointing out!

• I don't see how a host can add a VPS plan? Am I missing something?

• Great stuff, however I think you should list the name of the host above each plan when someone does a search, also you need to add Openvz/XEN/KVM as the virtualization type.

• @concerto49 said:
    I don't see how a host can add a VPS plan? Am I missing something?

Under "Dashboard" you have option to create hosting plans.

edited August 2013

@ultimatehostings said:
    Great stuff, however I think you should list the name of the host above each plan when someone does a search, also you need to add Openvz/XEN/KVM as the virtualization type.

Thanks for good suggestions. Will keep you updated on status of these.
    One question though: When it comes to Windows, are there any other virtualisation types used? I am mostly into Linux so aware of the ones you told.

• @qtriangle said:
    One question though: When it comes to Windows, are there any other virtualisation types used? I am mostly into Linux so aware of the ones you told.

Windows would also be XEN/KVM I suppose

• @qtriangle said:

VMWare is popular virtualization, for Unix/Windows, as well as its native (Hyper-V).
    I suggest browsing an article on virtualziation, to build the list.

• when you search something, it is going to show provider? i dont see it.

-provider
    -ipv6

• MountVPSMountVPS Member
    edited August 2013

Please provide place where we can provide test IP and file test

www.mountvps.com: 1.50/mnth for 128MB VPS

• @MountVPS said:
    Please provide place where we can provide test IP and file test

www.mountvps.com: 1.50/mnth for 128MB VPS

That's $18/yr, we got a price war going on at the minute, $10 for 512MB for BandwagonHost or $12 from UrPad!

• anyNodeanyNode Member, Host Rep

Virtualization type should be added as a category as well

• @anyNode said:
    Virtualization type should be added as a category as well

Will be done, very soon.
    I see you have subscribed to makemyvps.com. Keep sending the feedback.
    Thanks

• @asterisk14 said:

That's $18/yr, we got a price war going on at the minute, $10 for 512MB for BandwagonHost or $12 from UrPad!

I understand that there is a Price war going on. However, one of the thing that we are committed to is no overselling at all. We will provide every proof of our servers to show that we are not over selling.

• There were some suggestions to improve the design. Need some suggestions on the slightly modified design (it also has fixed header): Does it look better than current one?

• have you got any hosts that have signed up?

• Yes many have signed up and started using the site already!

• If any of you is interested to partner with us on this venture in any form, most welcome. send me a PM. Any kind of help or partnership will help us in taking this to next step.

edited August 2013

An update for everyone: I see many hosts adding their listing under our free plan.

There is no reason for doing that.

You can add your hosting plan under GOLD listing, since all listings are absolutely free currently (and will remain free forever for listing added during initial days).

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Seems useful, thanks.
    Some things:
    -Mobile Number should be Business Phone Number or just Phone Number.
    -Address should be called Office Location or Business Location.
    -Email for registration ended up in Junk folder in Hotmail aka Outlook.com might want to resolve that.

• @shovenose said:
    Seems useful, thanks.
    Some things:
    -Mobile Number should be Business Phone Number or just Phone Number.
    -Address should be called Office Location or Business Location.
    -Email for registration ended up in Junk folder in Hotmail aka Outlook.com might want to resolve that.

Thanks, added these points to be worked upon in my queue.
    However, the registration form is for consumer as well as for host. So address field will remain as "Address".

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2013

As I can see your website is design for OpenVZ only, no option to select the XEN or OpenVZ or KVM?

** Any host putting their VPS plans in beta testing phase will get PREMIUM listing for free forever :) **

how to get the PREMIUM listing? do you offer the FREE listing and other type now?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Price in USD doesn't accept period for cents?

• @WebProject said:
    As I can see your website is design for OpenVZ only, no option to select the XEN or OpenVZ or KVM?

how to get the PREMIUM listing? do you offer the FREE listing and other type now?

No it is not designed for OpenVZ only, we are adding options for visualization type.
    GOLD and SILVER are premium listing type, which will be paid listing type in future. They are available free of cost as of now.

• @perennate said:
    Price in USD doesn't accept period for cents?

Yes, we are working on it. Should be done within this week, alongwith many other improvements.

edited September 2013

Thanks to all members who are adding their VPS plans to MakeMyVPS even today.
    Those who visited it some time back please pay a visit now and provide your feedback on new look of the site at http://www.makemyvps.com
    I look forward to continued support from fellow members.
    Thanks