Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much money have you been saving to spend in the next BF?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much money have you been saving to spend in the next BF?

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Thread's title is pretty self-explanatory. I have set a budget of $100 USD to spend on some gadgets, e.g: 4k streaming box, few intelligent lamps and such. :>

Comments

• @MikePT said:
    Thread's title is pretty self-explanatory. I have set a budget of $100 USD to spend on some gadgets, e.g: 4k streaming box, few intelligent lamps and such. :>

I have a few hundreds CAD in reserve. Yes, it could go towards my tuition, but ‘tis the season to be spending!

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@doghouch said:

@MikePT said:

I have a few hundreds CAD in reserve. Yes, it could go towards my tuition, but ‘tis the season to be spending!

Few hundreds? Like... For a new cellphone? Or, random stuff / crazy deals?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2017

@MikePT said:

@doghouch said:

@MikePT said:

Few hundreds? Like... For a new cellphone? Or, random stuff / crazy deals?

Probably going to snipe a new laptop. (I want to upgrade from my MBP 2012 to something newer.)

doghouch said: Probably going to snipe a new laptop. I’m probably going to upgrade from my MBP 2012 to something newer.

>

I spent 350 EUR three weeks ago, bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, 9.7" it's like a computer, now I'd love to buy a bluetooth keyboard...

We got plenty of deals for small PC's nowadays, but rarely with SSD, they usually have eMMC only.

• Already spent $1000 on a new TV set from Gibbys Electronics few days ago so it wont be that much more after this. Maybe a couple of little VPS here and there... just a couple :P

doghouch said: Probably going to snipe a new laptop.

• Trying to save as much as I possibly can, which means I'll probably end up buying out @Virmach.

FredQc said: Already spent $1000 on a new TV set from Gibbys Electronics few days ago so it wont be that much more after this. Maybe a couple of little VPS here and there... just a couple :P

4k I guess, OLED? :>

• MikePT said: 4k I guess, OLED? :>

OLED for this price ? Wish this was true. It's just a potable Samsung 55" Class 7000 :)

• I get paid tomorrow, so no saving necessary. I'm ready and waiting to tear this shit up, if what I want (what I really, really want) comes along.

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • I will bring you what you want, this Friday.

FredQc said: OLED for this price ? Wish this was true. It's just a potable Samsung 55" Class 7000 :)

>

I'm not aware of TV pricing nowadays, I bought an Hisense TV a few months ago, 4k LED, and I must say I am pretty impressive. :P

Nekki said: I get paid tomorrow, so no saving necessary. I'm ready and waiting to tear this shit up, if what I want (what I really, really want) comes along.

Man you're gonna spend your full salary on BF deals.

@BlackFriday said:
    I will bring you what you want, this Friday.

Very, very useful input...

• @Nekki said:
    I get paid tomorrow, so no saving necessary. I'm ready and waiting to tear this shit up, if what I want (what I really, really want) comes along.

You want uh, you want uh, you want uh-
    You wanna really, really, really wanna ZFS ah
    If you wanna be my hoster, you gotta gimme VPS
    Make it recur forever, Black Friday never ends

Goddammit, @Nekki. That's gonna be stuck in my head for hours.

Thanked by 2Nekki atheros
  • Only planning for a few things. I'll probably pick up another VPS. Keeping an eye out for a 4K curved TV from Samsung and maybe a digital SLR. If I find a really cheap iPad Mini 4 I might get that, too.. My second gen. is just too slow to be usable at this point but I can't justify full price for a two year old product.

@JustAMacUser said:
    Only planning for a few things. I'll probably pick up another VPS. Keeping an eye out for a 4K curved TV from Samsung and maybe a digital SLR. If I find a really cheap iPad Mini 4 I might get that, too.. My second gen. is just too slow to be usable at this point but I can't justify full price for a two year old product.

I think I'm full of VPS already and have been letting those expire (close to all VPS I have, and we're talking about dozens of VPS), only keeping Backupsy storage KVM, Clouvider VPS and Dedicated, Ramnode VPS and huh... Even let my OVH VPS'es expire. All of them.

• MikePT said: Man you're gonna spend your full salary on BF deals.

I am fully prepared for this.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • BlackFriday said: I will bring you what you want, this Friday.

Yo head's writing' cheques yo' body can't cash.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @MikePT,

See, I had a few at RamNode but I'm starting to outgrow them because I keep adding more services to them. At the same time, I used to pay for my VPSs with points from my credit card but that bank has changed their terms so now I can't really redeem them in this fashion anymore. What used to be free now actually costs me money, so I'm trying to figure something out. Also doesn't help that US$ is foreign currency for me. :(

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I saw LG Wallpaper but currently is a bit expensive

@Nekki said:

MikePT said: Man you're gonna spend your full salary on BF deals.

I am fully prepared for this.

Any idea on the deals you're going to click on buy now instantly?

@JustAMacUser said:
    @MikePT,

See, I had a few at RamNode but I'm starting to outgrow them because I keep adding more services to them. At the same time, I used to pay for my VPSs with points from my credit card but that bank has changed their terms so now I can't really redeem them in this fashion anymore. What used to be free now actually costs me money, so I'm trying to figure something out. Also doesn't help that US$ is foreign currency for me. :(

I know the feeling, being an EU company, we lose a lot of money on currency exchange fees / PP withdraw fees. It's crazy.

Frame said: I saw LG Wallpaper but currently is a bit expensive

>

Wasn't even aware that tech even existed, very interesting.

• MikePT said: Any idea on the deals you're going to click on buy now instantly?

Nope, because I need nothing.

So far I've bought a few lightning cable bundles and a couple of portable chargers because they're handy to have around, cables always break and it's always worth having a spare charger ready to go.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT said:

>

Yea is really innovative but a bit expensive considering is the first of this kind, i'll wait some late reviews

• @Nekki said:
    So far I've bought a few lightning cable bundles and a couple of portable chargers because they're handy to have around, cables always break and it's always worth having a spare charger ready to go.

You know that you can get those year-around with people trying to gain traction on Amazon, right? I don't think I've ever paid more than $10 for a 10,000mAh+ pack.

• WSS said: You know that you can get those year-around with people trying to gain traction on Amazon, right? I don't think I've ever paid more than $10 for a 10,000mAh+ pack.

I keep an eye out all year round, typically, I prefer the ones with built-in cables so they're a touch pricier. I know I'm only saving a few quid each time, but I do keep watch on the prices to make sure they're actually decent deals.

Nekki said: Nope, because I need nothing.

I don't necessary need "something", but I know I'll spend some money for sure...

@Frame said:

@MikePT said:

>

Yea is really innovative but a bit expensive considering is the first of this kind, i'll wait some late reviews

Yeah seems to be really recent, I think I've seen one of those in McDonalds @ Portugal.

• I need me a cheap storage kvm... Talking 500gb raid10 for $30 a year cheap.. ;) is tis the season for miracles?

@sureiam said:
    I need me a cheap storage kvm... Talking 500gb raid10 for $30 a year cheap.. ;) is tis the season for miracles?

That's like 2,5 USD per month, that's... Really low budget!

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Plenty of money if I see a deal. Hopefully enough for a new location for Cyber Monday. Let's hope the deals are good.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2017

Money?! Humanity no longer needs money. Our species has evolved so much, money is now a historical object of the past. I can not think through money anymore.

There were some difficult times in our long history, when we had a simplistic thinking such as this:

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT said:

@sureiam said:
    I need me a cheap storage kvm... Talking 500gb raid10 for $30 a year cheap.. ;) is tis the season for miracles?

That's like 2,5 USD per month, that's... Really low budget!

Yup yup.. They said the same about 100gb of storage, 5gb of ram and 4 cores for $40 a year with a reliable carrier but we made that happen too! Just depends if it's the season for deals or not..