Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What deals are you looking for this Black Friday?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What deals are you looking for this Black Friday?

rocketrocket Member
edited November 2017 in General

Can be hosting related or not, anything goes :)

I'm hoping the Vive or Oculus Rift are on sale personally, along with some NVME drives and a new mouse.

Comments

• Storage KVM. Time to begrudgingly let my @Dacentec behemoth go.

Are you serious about the Oculus?

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Did we hear NVMe?

• WSS said: Are you serious about the Oculus?

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, I really like VR (tried the DK2 years ago) and the games I play have full support for it too. I'm tempted to wait for the second gen though to see what improvements come. Really depends on the price.

• FrameFrame Member
    edited November 2017

A fucking dedi EU based

• 16GB RAM

• 1TB+ HDD

• Some hypervisor

• 5 IPs

• 100Mbps is not a big problem

• At least 10TB bandwidth

30$/month VAT incl. Recurring

A discount on hetzner bid will be perfect

• I'm looking for kvm with dedicated resources to which I can attach storage.

• A 30% coupon from @SpeedyKVM_Ryan !! :-P

Thanked by 3Ympker FredQc imok
  • i am looking forward to save my money.

• Dedicated Server with lots of Storage

• Time4vps - 1 TB plan with same old price (47.76 eur) biennially and same 400Mb port speed :) @time4vps

Thanked by 1time4vps
  • @lion said:
    Dedicated Server with lots of Storage

Same, I just lost my good old zxhost vps with 1TB storage, so I am looking to replace that with a more expensive but also more capable solution. I can go up to $30-40/m if the specs are matching the price.
    I can already find good offers, but I can wait a few more days, maybe I can get one for 20-30% cheaper.

• What deals are you looking for this Black Friday?

Sorry, that sounds like the ebay curse: "may you find everything you are looking for."

• @stagenull said:
    Same, I just lost my good old zxhost vps with 1TB storage, so I am looking to replace that with a more expensive but also more capable solution. I can go up to $30-40/m if the specs are matching the price.
    I can already find good offers, but I can wait a few more days, maybe I can get one for 20-30% cheaper.

The thing with storage VPSs is that sooner or later there is always a problem with the node, therefore i don't wanna deal with that hassle

• €16 E3 pls

• stagenull said: I can go up to $30-40/m

buy a dedi then?

• @lion said:

@stagenull said:

The thing with storage VPSs is that sooner or later there is always a problem with the node, therefore i don't wanna deal with that hassle

Agreed, that's why I'm looking for a dedicated server now :)
    The zxhost offer was nice until it died a week ago, I'm not mad as long as I get a refund for the remaining year that I paid for recently. Everything I had on it was also backed up somewhere else. But now its time to get something better.

Thanked by 1HammadKhan
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2017

stagenull said: Agreed, that's why I'm looking for a dedicated server now :) The zxhost offer was nice until it died a week ago, I'm not mad as long as I get a refund for the remaining year that I paid for recently. Everything I had on it was also backed up somewhere else. But now its time to get something better.

What's the exact minimum spaces you're looking for at 30-40 USD per month?
    Maybe Dacentec's offer would suit your needs given your price point?

• @Falzo said:

stagenull said: I can go up to $30-40/m

buy a dedi then?

Maybe I worded my post badly, I'm looking for a dedicated server. He said he was looking for a dedi, and I started my answer with the word "same" :) But sorry if it wasn't clear, english is not my native language.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FredQcFredQc Member
    edited November 2017

So much BF threads lately... not that is a bad thing, but...

• @stagenull said:

@Falzo said:

stagenull said: I can go up to $30-40/m

buy a dedi then?

Maybe I worded my post badly, I'm looking for a dedicated server. He said he was looking for a dedi, and I started my answer with the word "same" :) But sorry if it wasn't clear, english is not my native language.

mine neither. sorry missed that "same, ..." part entirely ;-) no offense meant! I am sure with your budget you'll have a wider choice. just keep calm or you might end up with 2+ dedis and a bunch of VMs anyway.

Falzo said: mine neither. sorry missed that "same, ..." part entirely ;-) no offense meant! I am sure with your budget you'll have a wider choice. just keep calm or you might end up with 2+ dedis and a bunch of VMs anyway.

Yeah that'll certainly happen :p

• I am looking for 512MB-1GB ram SSD KVM (10-20GB) with DDOS protection for $15-20yr

• @Falzo said:

mine neither. sorry missed that "same, ..." part entirely ;-) no offense meant! I am sure with your budget you'll have a wider choice. just keep calm or you might end up with 2+ dedis and a bunch of VMs anyway.

Exactly, I already got a VM today that I don't need, and BF is almost a week away... At least I am almost sure I won't spend any money outside of VMs/Dedis this week, so its okay I guess :)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Just crossing my fingers that an LTO-5 enclosure suddenly becomes cheap.

• that_guythat_guy Member
    edited November 2017

Like others here I'm looking for a EU dedi with lots of storage for cheap. In my case something like:
    -some 4-core with big L3 cache, can be older
    -8-12GB RAM or more
    -2x2TB HDD, the more the better, SW raid OK, used 3.5" desktop drives OK
    -NL/FR/DE
    -1GBit uplink, Intel NIC preferred
    -5-10TB outgoing on a half decent AS (no "cogent only + some public peering")
    -some way to at least remote reboot and reinstall debian stable minimal
    -Mo-Fr office hours low priority ticket support OK

Suggested half-realistic black friday price: 20-25€ recurring, incl. VAT, small setup fee OK

Non-hosting:
    8TB HDD
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 32GB black
    CHUWI Hi13

that_guy said: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 32GB black

Got the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" (T813), impressive tablet.

• Online.net FTW

Thanked by 1WHT
  • @hanoi said:
    Online.net FTW

+1 online.net. Looking for 50% off lifetime on all products.

• FrameFrame Member
    edited November 2017

@WHT said:

@hanoi said:
    Online.net FTW

+1 online.net. Looking for 50% off lifetime on all products.

>

This ever happen in the past?