Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OwnCloud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OwnCloud

djvdorpdjvdorp Member
edited February 2012 in General

Anyone has experience with this? HTML5 DropBox-like script for on your shared hosting, vps or dedi.
Demo is pretty impressive to me!
http://owncloud.org/

(don't fall over the word Cloud, as hosting it on one server doesn't make anything a Cloud)

Thanked by 1yomero

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Looks like some people are using it on their LEBs: lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/25963

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • More than interesting, but still lack a windows synchronizer :-)

• will be going to try this

• I've been using it for since the last thread on this a few months back. Works pretty good for me.

I need to load the new one.

• I heard the easiest way to make your own cloud was to boil the kettle and watch what comes out the top and try and catch it.

• I would rather use ajaxplorer for my distributed collab portal. Owncloud has like 2 years in terms of development to get where ajaxplorer is now..

• Why does Ajaxplorer (or Owncloud) keep calling itself Cloud when it seems to only run on a single device and only uses that one device or am I missing something? can you install the gui on one server and then have it deploy files to multiple sources that you provide?