Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About FDC server dedicated port
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About FDC server dedicated port

I saw FDC Black Friday Specials get cheaper
do any one use they 10Gbps Dedicated or 20Gbps Dedicated port servers(Amsterdam)
can it really use 24/7
and how they solve dmca problem if server in Amsterdam

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2017

DMCAs arent valid in AMS, EUCD is: https://fsfe.org/campaigns/eucd/eucd.en.html

Did have a client with an FDC server, 10Gbit, I was able to use 3/4Gbps even during peak times. Max speed was like 7Gbps. Network quality is mediocre, oversold as hell.

• @MikePT you buy 10gbps share port or Dedicated port

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@music7698 said:
    @MikePT you buy 10gbps share port or Dedicated port

If I recall correctly that was shared. It was used for streaming.

• MikePT said: Network quality is mediocre

That due to them being single-homed to Cogent.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

FDC = Cogent and expensive = wouldn't recommend.

Thanked by 1Razza
  • @oneilonline said:
    FDC = Cogent and expensive = wouldn't recommend.

What's wrong with expensive if not cogent?

@WSS nothing then Sheeesh. I guess if you're ok with parting with your money, up to you!

FDC is over priced cogent, nocix is what you should pay for cogent. LOL

• Again, oneilyoung, "Why bad(expensive) If NOT COGENT". C'mon, this is just logic.

Overpriced Cogent is garbage, but so is cheap Cogent.

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited November 2017

oneilonline said: FDC is over priced cogent, nocix is what you should pay for cogent. LOL

100% Agree FDC is over priced for just Cogent bw, Nocix which uses WholeSale Internet as upstream has a better network blend as they are not single-homed since they also use Hurricane Electric who are not much better than Cogent in my own opinion.

@WSS said: Overpriced Cogent is garbage, but so is cheap Cogent.

Agreed. But if you have a choice between the two, why pay for the over priced one?

Is wholesale internet upstream of nocix!?! I thought datashack=wsi=nocix. Does it make a difference anyways? Same crap!

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@oneilonline said:

@WSS said: Overpriced Cogent is garbage, but so is cheap Cogent.

Agreed. But if you have a choice between the two, why pay for the over priced one?

Is wholesale internet upstream of nocix!?! I thought datashack=wsi=nocix. Does it make a difference anyways? Same crap!

I think you are forgetting pricing isn't the only thing here. Yes both I'd say are oversold. Lowest I've seen Cogent is $0.15/Mbit. Nocix as pointed out here before are heavily oversold and it's pretty poor at peak times. I wouldn't call FDC overpriced.

However Noxic does also have HE for that bit of redundancy. Unsure what OP wants to run on this box but if it's anything serious I'd probably choose neither.

• JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

The lowest box they do, you could buy outright for $300 (possibly less now) and send to colo for less with them. If you intend to keep longer term, that's definitely a route to consider.